Winter Rant aka Is winter over yet?

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
OK - I woke up to 6 inches of snow. When I went to sleep, there wasn't a single fleck of snow on the ground. IIt hasn't stopped snowing all day. I'm done with this winter already!:spank:
I want to ride and I want to ride now. NDOT had just finished cleaning up all the sand from the last storm. Now every intersection will have 2 inches of sand once the snow/packed ice melts. I have to wait until they clean it all up again. But by then we will have another storm. Did I mention: I WANT TO RIDE! I WANT TO RIDE NOW!!!!

I know, I know, it's a drought and all that, but really I want to ride.

My hubby opened up the motorcycle garage last week (while I was at work) and started all the bikes. I was so bummed. I could at least sit on one of my bikes and hear the engine, feel the vibrations, and pretend for a minute. But no, he gets off work early and decides to do it without me. I almost feel like he cheated on me (lol). He did say he didn't start my other bike. I would hope not. It's in the house. lol

Thanks for letting me vent. Is it bad of me to pray for an early Spring?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Pray for me, I'm still riding. I rode to work at 530 Saturday morning, The snow was very wet, more on the slushy side but the ride was quite challenging. Rode today, at least the roads were just wet. Lot of treatment on the roadway, my bike will probably turn to rust by summer.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think a minor rant is entirely warranted. But take it easy on hubby. He's a guy and we just don't calculate emotions well.

Hang in there.

Chris

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Pray for me, I'm still riding. I rode to work at 530 Saturday morning, The snow was very wet, more on the slushy side but the ride was quite challenging. Rode today, at least the roads were just wet. Lot of treatment on the roadway, my bike will probably turn to rust by summer.

Luckily, they don't use too much salt on our roads. Mostly sand now. But UGH!!! I'm dreading driving to work in my all-wheel drive vehicle today, I don't know how you do it on a bike. Ride safe my friend.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I think a minor rant is entirely warranted. But take it easy on hubby. He's a guy and we just don't calculate emotions well.

Hang in there.

Chris

HeeHee, yeah I'll take it easy on him. 25+ years of marriage, I should know what to expect. lol

Hopefully, he will wait until I'm home next time. I'm tempted to go out & fire up my bike by myself....

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
No, we need more winter!!!!

70's during the day, 40's to 50 at night, dry season, gorgeous riding down here!!!! :rockon:

:Sport:

Yeah, well, you suck! just kidding.

It's all dry and beautiful until a hurricane comes through. No thanks. I'll take my snow and earthquakes, thank you very much.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Had the snow and cold till I was19 in NY.

Since 1979, in SW Fl, we've (my area) has been hit (nearby actually) twice.

"Charlie" was the closest,(about 135 winds, I had to work as a PO). Damage was my front, attached wall lights were tilted sideways.

I can handle that and am quite prepared, generators, etc...

I can't do the cold... 40's, 30's, lock it down, turn on the heat!!!

Just came in from a ride too!!

Keep warm!!!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in Colorado Springs, we just finished shoveling, well snow blowing and shoveling, 8" and they say we're not done :)

and Scott....hope you're also enjoying our snow birds! LOL

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in Colorado Springs, we just finished shoveling, well snow blowing and shoveling, 8" and they say we're not done :)

and Scott....hope you're also enjoying our snow birds! LOL

Ahhhh!! The snowbirds drive worse than the regulars, traffic sucks (on main roadways, and restaurants are VERY busy)...

So, stay on the back roads, stay ahead of the cages and eat earlier than the snowbirds!!! :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What snow! I don't see no stinking snowBlah

And since I moved the bike to my sons garage in San Bernardino I don't worry about the cold and snow in Crestline:thumbup:

Jerry

Ha Ha ! I bet I know when that picture was taken!

Last year Red Wasp (Doug) and someone he met on another forum who is from Wisconsin road with us SoCal Hoons in Sunny Southern California. He trucked his bike out here to Carlsbad,Ca area. He did it again this year and was here in the area for a month. I had to cancel several rides with him because of a bad cold and then weather. I saw a day we could ride because we had a rare break in the El Nino weather we've been having. I called him and we rode over the mountains and down into Anza Borrego Desert. There's a cool Mexican restaurant with good food (Carmalita's) we like to stop at in Borrego Springs. We pull into the parking lot and there's this hot lil Triumph that looks just like the new one Jerry's been posting pictures on on the forum. Yup It was Jerry and we sat and had lunch together! What a treat! Yesterday the winds here were heavy! We got some nice rain to. This morning on the way into work there were a lot of downed trees...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Last year Red Wasp (Doug) and someone he met on another forum who is from Wisconsin road with us SoCal Hoons in Sunny Southern California. He trucked his bike out here to Carlsbad,Ca area. He did it again this year and was here in the area for a month. I had to cancel several rides with him because of a bad cold and then weather. I saw a day we could ride because we had a rare break in the El Nino weather we've been having. I called him and we rode over the mountains and down into Anza Borrego Desert. There's a cool Mexican restaurant with good food (Carmalita's) we like to stop at in Borrego Springs. We pull into the parking lot and there's this hot lil Triumph that looks just like the new one Jerry's been posting pictures on on the forum. Yup It was Jerry and we sat and had lunch together! What a treat! Yesterday the winds here were heavy! We got some nice rain to. This morning on the way into work there were a lot of downed trees...

BUT, NO SNOW!! (or hurricanes!!)

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site

Cliff, glad to hear you and Marc got out to ride before he left for the frozen north.

Monica, pick up a used enclosed trailer and haul you bikes 90 miles over the hill. You can park it at my place anytime, I rode 200 miles yesterday and 300 last Sunday. You are so close but so far away on two wheels in the winter.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The weather has been really weird here, it's much warmer than normal, most of the garden is still green (and I'm not talking about conifers :) )
We had a short cold snap a couple of weeks ago near to freezing and the snow settled for a couple of days but we're back to above 10 degrees Celcius here. The evenings are getting lighter again, one day last week I took the scenic route back from my work , lovely sunshine :thumbup:.
It has been wetter and windier than usual but that doesn't bother me.
Scott I must admit I really enjoyed the time I spent in Florida on a course, but that was fall/winter and the temperatures were about summer temperatures here, but I really can't stand the heat so I probably wouldn't survive a summer in Florida :eek:,

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The weather has been really weird here, it's much warmer than normal, most of the garden is still green (and I'm not talking about conifers :) )
We had a short cold snap a couple of weeks ago near to freezing and the snow settled for a couple of days but we're back to above 10 degrees Celcius here. The evenings are getting lighter again, one day last week I took the scenic route back from my work , lovely sunshine :thumbup:.
It has been wetter and windier than usual but that doesn't bother me.
Scott I must admit I really enjoyed the time I spent in Florida on a course, but that was fall/winter and the temperatures were about summer temperatures here, but I really can't stand the heat so I probably wouldn't survive a summer in Florida :eek:,

Its been a warmer than normal winter here too...

Re summer time heat, I figure its like winter up north. When its low 90's mid day, stay in the A/C. Get your stuff done early or after the short, afternoon showers (that does cool things down). I don't have to be outside mid day, so its really not an issue.

If out on the boat, its usually breezy and I'm under the Bimini top (in the shade) with my floppy hat(I DON'T lay out in the sun, way too intense)...

Before re-powering with a Yamaha OB(on the lift):

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Boat Scott, I must admit the waterś the best place to be on those really hot days :thumbup:

Hereś a pic for all you guys getting lots of snow at the moment.

Winter.jpg

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope this makes y'all feel better about your winters....

14.5" on my back deck right now 8:36 am

and it's still snowing