You know who's a poser when...

my Ducati has 16,000 miles on it and I ride the wheels off of it . I spend more time on my FZ but thats a givin right

And I know sevral Ducati owners that do 2000 mile touring 4 day weekends on their 1098's

my Ducati has 16,000 miles on it and I ride the wheels off of it . I spend more time on my FZ but thats a givin right

And I know sevral Ducati owners that do 2000 mile touring 4 day weekends on their 1098's

That's some hard riding 2000 miles on a 1098! All power to tem...they must have a good Chiropractor!

I guess I'm a semi poser cause I take my ponytail off after a ride on the Duc! Funny stuff though!

I guess I would not include the Ducati ST series. Some of the ST riders I know rack up the miles like the BMW riders do. Probably the most ergonomically correct Ducati ever made.

Love that color!

You forgot that you also have to have your bulldog riding on the tank.

And my leathers match......a one-piece is awfully hard to get mismatched

Keira, you are female, we would forgive you if your two piece leathers matched :thumbup:

or if you tried to make them match Rob's :spank: :D

I literally cracked up when I read the "Gucci" Saddle bags :rof::rof:. I can actually see someone trying to do that, or at least trying to fake it.

In the UK a poser would more likely ride a BMW R1200GS Adventure than a Duke. You often see them in west london - head to toe BMW branded gear on a spotless GS. Then there's the Italians on scooters wearing nothing but a suit, open face helmet and a cigarette!

In the UK a poser would more likely ride a BMW R1200GS Adventure than a Duke. You often see them in west london - head to toe BMW branded gear on a spotless GS. Then there's the Italians on scooters wearing nothing but a suit, open face helmet and a cigarette!

I love those Italian guys...:rof:they just crack me up!!! However...the English posers...no thanks.

Unfortunately I probably look the part of a poser as my brand new bike is sparkly fresh, and since I had a cruiser before...my new leather jacket has no cracks, scuffs and happens to say Yamaha:cheer: because I thought it was the best looking one I could find that also came fully armored, was warm enough for riding in the winter and didn't cost me $800. My gloves are the same color...black...the same as my boots and my bike.

I do happen to think the stock seat is fairly comfortable...at least more comfortable than my old Vulcan's Corbin seat. I can ride 6 hours straight on the FZ with only a few small breaks...if I tried that on the Vulcan I wouldn't be able to walk for a week!!!:thumbdown:

Love the list though...I'll try to work on scuffing the leather...just hope it won't be from laying the girl down! I like the clean look I've got so far:)

I guess I'm ok with my Joe Rocket textile jacket, BMW riding pants and Harley boots then.............but I did get a mini laptop thinking it would fit in the tank bag.......:rolleyes:

And my leathers match......a one-piece is awfully hard to get mismatched

TD1.jpg

PMSL...I'm sure I could do it.:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

- You spit out the bug that just flew in your mouth. mmmm protein!
- You spend more time shining your bike than riding it. once a month, but I still ride it way more!
- You're too cool to wave at the kids in the mom-mobile in front of you. HA, I have pictures floating around on many a child's computer from photos taken from a mom-mobile
- You grab for your hairbrush before your old lady. short hair rocks in the helmet
- You take your bike into the shop for oil changes. never again with a shop...
- Your $500 boots aren't scuffed from riding. I ripped off the toe sliders...does that count? ;)
- You think that a kick-starter is a mocha latte. what if you RIDE to get that latte? LOL
- You set at least one mirror, if not both, to reflect yourself. blind spots baby!
- Your saddle bags say "Gucci". Nelson Rigg...very sunfaded...
- You carry a lap-top in your saddle bags. pffffff
- Your tattoos wash off. :( I don't have any
- You put your pony-tail back in the drawer after you get home. ew....
- You won't ride down a gravel road. hee, through the river and through the woods...to a random dirt road I went!
- You've never seen a sunrise from two wheels. best feeling ever...after getting over waking up at 4am :(
n3610222_38697779_8478.jpg

- You only ride on weekends, when you can. I plan my weekends around my rides...lol
- You never ride to work. it's faster to get to work so I can wake up later! :thumbup:
- All your leathers match. I agree that leathers usually match, cuz my A* zips together :)...but my boots ain't A*!
- There are no wrinkled, faded, creased, or scratched areas on your leathers. might have to get a better storing spot lol
- You don't own a rain suit. pfff, I just put on a waterproof jacket...rain is good
- You've never ridden long enough to know that stock seats are never comfortable. yea...800 miles starts to get to me on the stock seat ;)
- You've never had to replace a worn out tire. stock tires just don't last long...and soft sport ones....even less!
- You've had to replace your tires, but because they were too old and not too worn. that's pathetic...unless you're an idiot who bought old tires from another dealer!!!!
- You like to ride by stores with big picture windows so you can admire your reflection. always look ahead!
- You ride a Ducati heehee...Italian girls are very tempermental...

:spank: :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

When I rode a cruiser I felt like a poser. Maybe I was. Its hard not to feel that way with all the attention they get. All the HD guys thought I was one since I was riding a HONDA :eek: Of course they didn't do any of their own maintenance, wouldn't ride if it was colder than 70F, and couldn't ride 50 miles without stopping for a latte.....

Great thing about an FZ6 is that no one around here has a clue what it is. Mine hardly resembles a sportbike anymore - it's kinda like an ugly combo of random, personalized things. Maybe that's worse....but I like it.

For the record the stock FZ6 seat is pretty good. That won't stop me from upgrading it when I have the $$.

you spit out the bug that just flew in your mouth. YAY FOR FULL FACE HELMETS... BOO TO BUG SPLATS...
- you spend more time shining your bike than riding it. My bike's dirtier than jersey girls... Just a joke!!!
- you're too cool to wave at the kids in the mom-mobile in front of you. I love waving to little dudes!
- you grab for your hairbrush before your old lady. Short hair rocks!
- you take your bike into the shop for oil changes. Guilty for the 600...
- your $500 boots aren't scuffed from riding. Just used construction boots...
- you think that a kick-starter is a mocha latte. Yuppie!!!
- you set at least one mirror, if not both, to reflect yourself. Kinda hard not to see myself, they're small and i'm huge...
- your saddle bags say "gucci". What the hell is gucci, and how do you say it?
- you carry a lap-top in your saddle bags. No saddle bags, unless you unclude dufflebags strapped to the grab rails.
- your tattoos wash off. Celtic cross clan...
- you put your pony-tail back in the drawer after you get home. Sorry, i have a... You get it.
- you won't ride down a gravel road. I've gotta ride down/up a steep dirt/mud path to store and take out the bike (friends basement with french doors)
- you've never seen a sunrise from two wheels. That's the best part about riding all night... The reward
- you only ride on weekends, when you can. Well you're half right, whenever possible.
- you never ride to work. This was my favorite!!! Nothing is better than cruising to a game in full officiating attire!!! I'm a football ref, so the stripes stand out...
- all your leathers match. No leathers, but got a textile jacket. Everything i have is black...
- there are no wrinkled, faded, creased, or scratched areas on your leathers. Couple small tears in the jacket from random things...
- you don't own a rain suit.guilty, i just get soaked.
- you've never ridden long enough to know that stock seats are never comfortable. I really don't have a prob with it... 5 or so hours with stops for gas, and no problems except hip cramping...
- you've never had to replace a worn out tire. Only got 3800 or so miles...
- you've had to replace your tires, but because they were too old and not too worn. It's an 08, won't have that problem...
- you like to ride by stores with big picture windows so you can admire your reflection. I don't even know what i look like in my gear, now i'm curious...
- you ride a ducati ;) :spank: This is too good!!!

:spank: :thumbup:[/quote]

Last edited:
Back