1600 mile rile!

jra8907

Reaction score
Visit site
2 days from Colorado Springs, CO to Dallas, TX. 800 miles one way. I did both streches of the trip (there and back) without stoping for more than food and gas. Took 15 hours each way to get there!
Did this on my 05' FZ6, who thinks im crazy, or who can beat this trip?:Sport:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Iron butt is 1800mi in 48 hours?

Most I've done was 1,250 miles in 2.5 days. That was a lot of ridding especially since we averaged just 50 mph on half of the trip as it was down the Blue Ridge parkway (45mph speed limit)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually my longest singe day ride was 936 miles. 19.5 hours. Leaving Bozeman Mt for Vegas with multiple stops touring Yellowstone Park, burning over an hour to see Old Faithful. Then stopping at Grand Teton Natl Park, and then a one hour dinner stop in Jackson Wyoming.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
2 days from Colorado Springs, CO to Dallas, TX. 800 miles one way. I did both streches of the trip (there and back) without stoping for more than food and gas. Took 15 hours each way to get there!
Did this on my 05' FZ6, who thinks im crazy, or who can beat this trip?:Sport:

When your young you can do anything :Flip:

Did you do most of this on a slab?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
THat's a lot of riding! :thumbup: Post link of your route and then I will tell you if (1) I'm impressed or (2) I feel bad for you. :D haha j/k

To be clear, it took you one day (800 miles / 15 hours) to get there and 1 day back, right? Not two days (800 / 15) there and two days back...

Did you say put in Texas for any amount of time?

How did you tires hold up? What did you like about the bike or hate about it? Interested to hear more about the trip...

I've done 650 mile days of slab that took a little over 10 hours, were not fun at all, were not really hard, just kind of a depressing endurance test (how much butt pain and soarness can one endure). I've also done lots of 450 to 550 backroad/twisty mile days (13/14/15 hours) that were very challenging and lots of fun with way less discomfort.

Dino

Reaction score
Visit site
I've done 2 Iron Butt rides on my FZ6. In '09 I did a Saddle Sore (1,000 miles in less than 24 hours) that took me 18.5 hours to do. Last year I did the Great Lakes 100 - which is around the Great Lakes in less than 100 hours. Mileage was roughly 2500 and I got it done with about 10 hours to spare. While the Great Lakes ride is/was sanctioned by the IBA just doing that ride won't get you membership in the IBA because it is not tough enough. The Saddle Sore is the "easiest" ride you can do to get in.

I've also done the SS on my Majesty Scooter (400 cc). It took me 20 hours on that machine.

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually my longest singe day ride was 936 miles. 19.5 hours. Leaving Bozeman Mt for Vegas with multiple stops touring Yellowstone Park, burning over an hour to see Old Faithful. Then stopping at Grand Teton Natl Park, and then a one hour dinner stop in Jackson Wyoming.

that was a nice trip you did here, VEGASRIDER. Just yourself?