2006 fz6 no crank but runs fine after jump staring. engine light flashes while holding start button

fvwd

Reaction score
Visit site
I took my bike out of storage today. Changed the oil using ipone 10.4 . installed a new yuasa battery. The starter will not crank over. Jump started bike and it ran fine. Checked oil level after it was running for ten minutes and topped up to the full mark. Jump started again and drove for 3 hours. Worked fine. When holding the start button the engine light flashes. will do this indefinatly . no codes in diagnostic mode. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice before I start tearing the bike apart? Are there any known issues? It is a starter system problem.
thanks.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When you jump started the bike, was the car running?

Also, when you installed the new battery (before jump starting) was it fully charged and EXACTLY what happened when you pushed the starter button?
Slow crank over, no crank over, etc?

As of right now, it starts, runs, etc, just the blinking light, CORRECT?

What's "ipone 10.4 "? Oil?

What is the voltage at the starter static and when cranking?

Just for S&G's, being you were just under the tank with the new battery, DOUBLE CHECK all the connections at the battery, above the battery, whatever area you were working in, etc. You may have pulled something loose...

Last edited: