ACH closed

ba4x

Reaction score
Visit site
Verh... What ever everyone has planned...If I can go, ill ride up with you. Not to sure where we may be going (some where north), but I'm in need of adventure. This is going to be a great summer. If anyone's planning something for 4 th of July weekend, I may like to join. I think I would like to do a 3 or 4 day ride. San Fran. Redwoods. I don't know. Something memorable.

That's what i'm talking about!

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Post up if your coming up.
And here are basic directions to my place--

215 north to the 210 east-lots of construction and you need to be in the left lane to go east on the 210 and watch out for the idiots.
Go east to Waterman(Hwy 18), will say mountain resorts or something to that effect, go north, orleft.
Stay on Hwy 18 all the way up to the Crestline turn off, this is a ramp that goes to the right and back over 18.
When you get to the stop sign(this is called "Top Town" watch out for on coming traffic as they don't need to stop), you will want to go through the stop and then veer to the left(this is hwy 138) and go to the next stop sign. Don't make a left turn at the Top Town stop or you will explore the mountains and I'm not sure where you will end up.
Proceed through and follow around to the next stop and take the right fork. Go until you think you will run in to a house, this is Byron Rd., go left and you should see the gate to the Mobile Home Park.

PM for the address and contact numbers.

Jerry

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
I won't make next weekend either. My boys having a school event. Will catch the next one. That works though... I'm still shopping around for riding pants. I'm I balling the BILT leather pants. But think I would like a textile for coolness. 98 in Ramona today.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Got all summer and I'm retired:rolleyes: so it doesn't make much difference which day:D
I think leather is the better choice, but with that being said I too wear textile.
I just think leather offers better abrasion resistance. You can get perforated leather which works decent in the heat, maybe not as good as mesh textile but not bad as long as your moving.

Jerry

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Should I wait until I can ride up with others? Or can I come up even if it is just me? :eek:
I can check back in later in the week to see if the weather holds and if you (Jerry) still want to ride.

I think it would be fun to talk and plan some possible routes for a group ride later. If it is just two of us there will be fewer people to argue and we can choose what looks best to us!

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whew! I thought the 3 mile twisty road I take to my house was fun, but it is nothin' compared to the sweet 13 miles up CA-18 & 138 to Crestline. Jerry lives in sport riding nirvana! After climbing this new stairway to heaven, giving Jerry's wife the donut holes I brought, and getting the approval of Boots & Snickers, we hit the road.

I was totally lost the whole time and just answered yes to each question that began "how about we take the road to...?" Thanks Jerry for sending our route so I can show everyone what a rockin' good time we had without them!! Those of you unfamiliar with the area, I highly recommend looking it up on a map

Our route today was--
Hwy 138 to Lone Pine Canyon
up to Wrightwood and then over to Hwy 2 (ACH)
to Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Rd
over to Angeles Forest Hwy
then took Mt. Emma Rd. to Fort Tejon Rd. to Valyermo Rd to Big Pines Hwy big up to ACH and Wrightwood.
Jerry says: "Phew, seems like a lot doesn't it, but really just a 100 mile loop. Too much fun." And then I had the other 272 miles to and from - I need that massage the home page keeps promising me each time I log in.

I only took a couple of pictures, and here was the best one - of course it is our bikes not us! But maybe Jerry will post the butt shot! :D

Seriously guys, lets pick some dates we can all visit Jerry.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know how to post pictures full size! :spank: It really needs to be more than a thumbnail I think. The rest of the pictures are all awesome. Would you mind posting which ever ones you think folks might enjoy?

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
OK, here goes nothin,
The Butt shot--
P10206081024x768.jpg

Verharen and her trusty steed--
P1020610768x1024.jpg

Newcombs Ranch for lunch--
P10206091024x768.jpg

Beauty and the Beast--
P10206131024x768.jpg

Ducks, just for something different--
P10206121024x768.jpg

We can do this again in a couple of weeks, was a beautiful day and very little traffic on any of the mountain roads.

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Whew! I thought the 3 mile twisty road I take to my house was fun, but it is nothin' compared to the sweet 13 miles up CA-18 & 138 to Crestline. Jerry lives in sport riding nirvana! After climbing this new stairway to heaven, giving Jerry's wife the donut holes I brought, and getting the approval of Boots & Snickers, we hit the road.

I was totally lost the whole time and just answered yes to each question that began "how about we take the road to...?" Thanks Jerry for sending our route so I can show everyone what a rockin' good time we had without them!! Those of you unfamiliar with the area, I highly recommend looking it up on a map

Our route today was--
Hwy 138 to Lone Pine Canyon
up to Wrightwood and then over to Hwy 2 (ACH)
to Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Rd
over to Angeles Forest Hwy
then took Mt. Emma Rd. to Fort Tejon Rd. to Valyermo Rd to Big Pines Hwy big up to ACH and Wrightwood.
Jerry says: "Phew, seems like a lot doesn't it, but really just a 100 mile loop. Too much fun." And then I had the other 272 miles to and from - I need that massage the home page keeps promising me each time I log in.

I only took a couple of pictures, and here was the best one - of course it is our bikes not us! But maybe Jerry will post the butt shot! :D

Seriously guys, lets pick some dates we can all visit Jerry.

You put in some serious miles yesterday! Especially on a SS bike! :rockon: Talked to Jerry yesterday, after you both rode and we'll get something going in about 2 weeks. :)

Those are great pictures of you and Jerry! Sorry I couldn't make it up there with you folks.:(

Last edited: