AMA races at Infineon 5/5-5/6

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chemiker, Cali rider, myself and Mrs. Lefty (along with some non forum friends) will be attending the AMA races at Infineon in Sonoma this Saturday and Sunday. Any of you NorCal hooligans thinking of going to the races should hook up with us for a good time. :rockon:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome time at the races!! I don't know if any of you are supermoto fans, but you should be! It's way cool. And grassroots. It consists of all ages, all bikes, few sponsors, and a ton of fun.

P1000178.jpg

P1000179.jpg

P1000180.jpg

P1000181.jpg

This little girl had to be about 8 years old! And competing with the big boys!

P1000184.jpg

Turn 2 at the big track

P1000186.jpg

Turn 3 at the big track

P1000187.jpg

Panoramic view of the track from turn 2

Searspointpano.jpg

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a good time was had by all.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
We were there last year and had a ball. You had perfect weather this year and nice pics. Good stuff with the SM pics!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My best friends dad and brother went and go every year. They want me to come down for the MotoGP race in July? Seriously thinking of it. Thanks for the pictures. I watched on TV. Its not quite the same however. :rockon:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cali rider and I (along with Mrs. Lefty on Sunday) had a blast at the races. John and I spent most of the day Saturday walking around the track watching the races from various vantage points and making plans where to watch on Sunday. I have a few pics and a couple of short video's of the race starts that I'll post when I get home tonight.
Cali and I finished the weekend by my riding with John about half way back to L.A. through the Santa Cruz Mountains and then along Hwy 1 to Cambria where we went our separate ways. I did a 200 mile route home from Hwy 46 to Paso Robles up Hwy 25 to Hollister and back home. The roads home were almost entirely deserted, hot and sticky.... :rockon:

http://g.co/maps/hedsw

Here's one pic courtesy of Mrs. Lefty the three stooges...

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As promised more pics. Chemiker did such a fine job of race pics that I'll add more non-race versions...

Cali rider trying to get a DRZ 400 out of the Suzuki exhibit for a long range "test ride"
CaliDZR400.jpg

It was pretty cool being able to walk around "garage row" and see all the work being done by the different teams. No one seemed to be in any hurry...
GarageLane.jpg

John trying to capture some of the XR1200 qualifying laps..
Calishootingstart.jpg

XR1200.jpg

We stood on the over crossing between turns 1 and 2 to catch the start of the Supersport race.
Calishooting1.jpg

Turn1.jpg

On Sunday, as well as Saturday, there were far too many red flag crashes. The most spectacular was Cardenas' crash at the exit of the esses which sent his bike cartwheeling over the air fence. We were sure they would have picked up his bike before the end of the day but here it was after the end of the day still "resting" in the weeds as we walked by on our way to the parking lot.
Cardenas.jpg