Anybody remove center kickstand?

One of the main reasons the FZ6 appealed to me when bike shopping was because it still comes with a centerstand; they're getting rare on bike nowadays. It seems like there are alot of people on this forum who buy an FZ6, complain about the performance & then try to turn it into an R6. Why not just buy an R6 in the 1st place??? I appreciate the FZ6 for what it is.

I removed mine after I put the Setback plates on. The kick for the center stand contacted the rearset and my foot on that side. It got really annoying so it had to go. I still have it though and used to psuedo put it back on when I needed to do work on the bike until I got race stands for the front and the back.

One of the main reasons the FZ6 appealed to me when bike shopping was because it still comes with a centerstand; they're getting rare on bike nowadays. It seems like there are alot of people on this forum who buy an FZ6, complain about the performance & then try to turn it into an R6. Why not just buy an R6 in the 1st place??? I appreciate the FZ6 for what it is.

Or some people like the power and handling of the r6 with the comfort of the fz6, so why not have the best of both worlds and make YOUR bike YOUR own, if everybody left well enough alone this would be one boring site, and one boring life...

Or some people like the power and handling of the r6 with the comfort of the fz6, so why not have the best of both worlds and make YOUR bike YOUR own, if everybody left well enough alone this would be one boring site, and one boring life...

Touché! I regress, you're right! I've modded many bikes I've owned to make them my own. The reason I joined this site was to see what mods are popular & work on the FZ6.

Took mine off my first FZ6 as it used to contact the floor in tight corners and cause the back end to kick out. On my FZ6N i havent got one fitted. Just use a read race stand if i need to. or use Kazza technique to lift rear wheel off the floor and have an assistant help with the lube ;)

:rof: I'm laughing at myself for being so wishy washy!
I read one post and think, "I'm gonna take that sucker off".
Then I read another and think, "No...I'm gonna leave it on!"

When I got mine the center stand was off. I just put it on when I need it, no spring...I just slip the two bolts in and don't even put on the nuts. Takes about 10 seonds. Do the work, take out the bolts, leave it on the bench.

Back