Attention: SA Fizzers....ASBK at Mallala Meet!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think that'se the one i am talking about...looks like the one i already have??/ yeah?

I was looking at the one next to it with 18x optical zoom and the same megapixels....could also attach lenses...and it was an awesome price
:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at the one next to it with 18x optical zoom and the same megapixels....could also attach lenses...and it was an awesome price

yep, only thing that bothered me about that one was it's size, for mounting on the bike....might wobble a bit???

:thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yep, only thing that bothered me about that one was it's size, for mounting on the bike....might wobble a bit???

Unfortunately it was mounted on a doova and I couldn't see if the hole was central....if it was that'd be perfecto

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But i dont think it had high definition video....which is what i was after....

Apparently...and I'm inclined to believe it....ANY movement or vibration with HD is really distracting when watching it....Although, I say I could be wrong:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently...and I'm inclined to believe it....ANY movement or vibration with HD is really distracting when watching it....Although, I say I could be wrong:thumbup:

Hmmmmm....time to get googling for reviews of high def video...

Cheers Mikey...

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmmm, might of just been that particular camera....needed a better mount maybe???

I'mnot sure...it may have been a go pro in HD mode.......If so those thoings mount really well....I'll have a dekko and get back with a linky poo:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tank....Radiator side cover, are great....I reckon the pillion peg mounting points would be great to...get some suspension movement in the pic:rockon:

i think you should give me your you beaut mount for va week or so...for testing purposes....lol!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure...won't work well with your side mounting camera though I don't reckon.

No, i was talking bout the other one i want to get....that has a central, metal threaded mount as opposed to side mounted & plastic thread....should be much more stable.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No, i was talking bout the other one i want to get....that has a central, metal threaded mount as opposed to side mounted & plastic thread....should be much more stable.

No wukkas either way if you want to take it for a test drive.....they're cheap and easy to make and work a treat..gonna make some more with different mounting angles for thecamera.....so you can see the suspension working ans my use of the controls etc.:thumbup:

buzzbomb

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking forward to this since going 2 years ago! I only saw the saturday qualifying then but still loved it. This time I'm going on the sunday, taking the car, wife and bub, so the bike will stay home :(
I'll take my dslr this time too, but don't have any decent lenses apart from a slow zoom, but hopefully I'll be able to get some good action shots.
I have a silly question to ask, then I'll go back to lurking... Do they allow you to take small portable bbqs to mallala, or is it just the fast food stalls?
Are any of you guys racing in the FZ6 cup? If so, good onya, hope you have a blast!

BB

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking forward to this since going 2 years ago! I only saw the saturday qualifying then but still loved it. This time I'm going on the sunday, taking the car, wife and bub, so the bike will stay home :(
I'll take my dslr this time too, but don't have any decent lenses apart from a slow zoom, but hopefully I'll be able to get some good action shots.
I have a silly question to ask, then I'll go back to lurking... Do they allow you to take small portable bbqs to mallala, or is it just the fast food stalls?
Are any of you guys racing in the FZ6 cup? If so, good onya, hope you have a blast!

BB

You can take BBQ's into Mallala...no stress....if ya gonna be there, come and pay us a visit, would love to meet.

And re the FZ6 Cup....Mallala is not a FZ6 Cup round...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok SA Fizzers, it's been way to long since we went on a ride together....en masse.

The Australian Superbike Championships are coming to Mallala in 2 weeks time....and i reckon it's a perfect opportunity for all of us SA fizzers to get ourselves together for a ride, followed by a day at the races....

SUNDAY AUGUST 30: Breakfast at my workshop at 8am, followed by a ride to Mallala at 9am. Should be at the track by 10am - 10.30am...depending on whether we take in a few Twisties on the way.

Quiet Beers at the Mallala Pub...at days end, before making our ways home....most should be able to make it home by 6pm....

Wont be just Fizzers, there will be a few other bike nuts joining us on our journey to the races....

This is not a Sports Riding Day.....it's a gentle blat to the track...to get together and chew the fat....we will even get Mikey sorted onto a beastie for the day! or better still...mikey could drive...and take the barbeque....and the Wolfcub....his arch memesis!

Who's coming? Lurkers welcome!

bumpity bump!