Aussies....show us your ride!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whatever you do, dont paint the hugger, doesnt matter how much you etch prime it, prepare it, use decent paint, etc, it will crack, or flake....trust me, i know!

:D

Ohh I dont know about that , mine never did & it still looked great the other week when I saw my old bike :D

The trick is to use MEK when preping instead of the usual White Spirit/Prepsol , the MEK allows the paint to be absorbed into the plastic better :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh I dont know about that , mine never did & it still looked great the other week when I saw my old bike :D

The trick is to use MEK when preping instead of the usual White Spirit/Prepsol , the MEK allows the paint to be absorbed into the plastic better :thumbup:

But you painted it baby blue Humpy! :eek:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
[Rian rolls back sleeves of motorcycle jacket being worn in class to keep him warm. Stands and stretches, loosening up chilly joints. Preparing for a bout of fisty-cuffs]

Are you feelin lucky? huh?... HUH?! Better watch out, a storm is on its way... little bit of thunder... little bit of lightning...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But you painted it baby blue Humpy! :eek:

[Rian rolls back sleeves of motorcycle jacket being worn in class to keep him warm. Stands and stretches, loosening up chilly joints. Preparing for a bout of fisty-cuffs]

Are you feelin lucky? huh?... HUH?! Better watch out, a storm is on its way... little bit of thunder... little bit of lightning...

BABY BLUE my ar$e :spank: :spank: That is quality Ford Nitro Blue my friend , one of the most awesome colours ever invented :Flip:

Rino , put your clothes back on little fella :D my beef is with the OP :BLAA:

getImage.php

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
BABY BLUE my ar$e :spank: :spank: That is quality Ford Nitro Blue my friend , one of the most awesome colours ever invented :Flip:

Rino , put your clothes back on little fella :D my beef is with the OP :BLAA:

getImage.php

Actually, having seen the blue, I like the colour, but the front fender is different! And the tank is different! I would probably explode if that was me. Just :boom: ...spontaneous combustion...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, having seen the blue, I like the colour, but the front fender is different! And the tank is different! I would probably explode if that was me. Just :boom: ...spontaneous combustion...

That pick was taken before the blue bar ends went on , that with the blue helmet was a really nice look in person :thumbup: I traded it before I had the front fender painted but that was my plan... I love blue & silver together :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Sorry.......

It's ok.

Holden have had some questionable colours too. Cadbury purple? Ford had that one too It think - GROSS....

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Sorry.......

It's ok.

Holden have had some questionable colours too. Cadbury purple? Ford hard that one too It think - GROSS....

Yeah but Ford had that delicious lighter metallic purple that changed in the light , I love that colour :thumbup:
2549326833_1m

As i do that new dark green on the SIDI Commonbore's :drool:

20100129111233463.jpg

Last edited:

Esra

Reaction score
Visit site
Well here's my girl.

I've swapped the bar ends, heel sliders and added frame sliders since these were taken.

I've bought some new black mirrors, tail tidy, rego holder and new levers too, will take some pics after it's all done.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just painted my bike in a XR6 colour too - Toxic Green. Looks great with the black frame. Will get some better pics in a couple of weeks when the bike is on the road.

Hey, welcome to the forum...that sure is an XR6 colour....did you paint anything other than the tank, that colour....front fender maybe???

More pics???

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well here's my girl.

I've swapped the bar ends, heel sliders and added frame sliders since these were taken.

I've bought some new black mirrors, tail tidy, rego holder and new levers too, will take some pics after it's all done.

Hey, nice looking N model....what sort of heel guards did you get? The carbon ones off E-Bay???

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: