Australia honeymoon bikery - on an FZ6

funnily enough, us bikers are a minority in Australia, only about 80000 bikes sold in I'd each year, and a vast majority are dirt bikes! Yes, lots of space to get off road too!

In the northern territory, we even have roads with no speed limit!

Hadn't even thought about the off-road possibilities. Must me real fun. :)
But we aswell have the roads without speed limit. I live on 180 km from Germany so.
It sounds probably strange, but I live on 20 minutes riding from Holland, and 2 hours riding from Germany. And to get to England I just have to take the boat in France where I get after 1 hour of riding from here. :)

Hadn't even thought about the off-road possibilities. Must me real fun. :)
But we aswell have the roads without speed limit. I live on 180 km from Germany so.
It sounds probably strange, but I live on 20 minutes riding from Holland, and 2 hours riding from Germany. And to get to England I just have to take the boat in France where I get after 1 hour of riding from here. :)

it's an 800km ride from my home city, Adelaide, to our next closest big city, Melbourne! We have lots of space, and it takes a long time to get there, but it's all on pretty decent roads. :thumbup:

it's an 800km ride from my home city, Adelaide, to our next closest big city, Melbourne! We have lots of space, and it takes a long time to get there, but it's all on pretty decent roads. :thumbup:

If you ride the next time to Melbourne, you can make a lot of pictures and post them here. :) If the weather gets better here in Belgium I'll try to take some pictures of Ghent. (5km riding from here) :)

If you ride the next time to Melbourne, you can make a lot of pictures and post them here. :) If the weather gets better here in Belgium I'll try to take some pictures of Ghent. (5km riding from here) :)

well in fact, I am setting off for a big 2000km ride in that direction in the morning...will post lots of photo's.

Thank y'all for the lovely comments! (Sorry for the delay in the response - I've been buried at work.)

Ha, yes - my hubby and I were talking to each other about the dirt-riding possibilities in Australia. He wants to move there, now!

In the northern territory, we even have roads with no speed limit!

You don't say... :D

hey that's kool!!! I was in Aussie a year ago I went with my bro and we spent 5 weeks there and travelled right up the coastline, we went from Sydney and made our way up to Cairns and saw the Great Barrier Reef... It was definitely an awesome time and an awesome country to visit, its just too bad its SOOOOO DAMN FAR AWAY !!! here's a few photogs from my albums...

one of the funny things that I saw was the burger kings became "hungry jack" !!! :p

PDR_0697.jpg

this is what you missed up in the north, mountains, sugar cane fields, and rainforests !
PDR_1256.jpg

and the sunsets up there were breathtaking, ALMOST more so then here at home ...
PDR_1409.jpg

Nice shots Chiller.

On the Burger King/ Hungry Jacks thing...
In 1971 Mr Cowin bought the Australian franchise for Burger King from the chain's then-owner, Pillsbury Co. But because the Burger King name was already registered in the country, Cowin used a Pillsbury pancake-mix brand, Hungry Jack, for his stores.

;)

Nice shots Chiller.

On the Burger King/ Hungry Jacks thing...
In 1971 Mr Cowin bought the Australian franchise for Burger King from the chain's then-owner, Pillsbury Co. But because the Burger King name was already registered in the country, Cowin used a Pillsbury pancake-mix brand, Hungry Jack, for his stores.

;)
hahah thanks for history lesson didn't know ...

Its so cool to see you guys enjoying our country. Guys when ever your coming over now let us know we will put on all the fanfare we can for you, some oif us(not me) have some good pull.

Its so cool to see you guys enjoying our country. Guys when ever your coming over now let us know we will put on all the fanfare we can for you, some oif us(not me) have some good pull.

+1...Absolutely, if anyone from OS wants to com,e to Oz, i am sure all the Aussie FZ Forum crew would roll out the red carpet!

:thumbup:

Thanks for the pictures,

How was the comfort from a pillion perspective? I liked the silver side pods on the rented FZ6.
I am going to Aus for my 40th Birthday (in a few years)

+1000 on that , your all :welcome: at my house for a Bundy and to try some Vegemite on toast :D :thumbup:

I'll drink ya Bundy mate but Marmite beats Vegemite hands down lol.

Nelly:thumbup:

Thanks for the pictures,

How was the comfort from a pillion perspective? I liked the silver side pods on the rented FZ6.
I am going to Aus for my 40th Birthday (in a few years)

I'll drink ya Bundy mate but Marmite beats Vegemite hands down lol.

Nelly:thumbup:

Marmite! Sheesh...pale imitation of the real thing!

:shakehead:

Actually I miss eating Roo and Croc LOL ... nothing in the world really tastes like either of those ... :rockon:

Roo....cheapest meat out there in Oz....great eating, tender as, best cooked medium Rare, with a Wild Berry sauce, Caramelised onions, and Mashed Spuds! Bloody Great Mate!

:rockon:

haha your description almost described this meal I had, it was a 'sampler' had croc, roo, aussie beef, and camel I believe it was ... with some berry sauce and spuds... I get hungry thinking about all the good food we had down there...

PDR_1235.jpg

Back