Australia?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I had a dream that I have been thinking about for about a week now that I moved to Australia... Then I got to looking online and I saw a lot of you guys are from SA so I was looking in that general area, and well I think it would be pretty nice to live there... I mean its just in the dream/general thinking stage but still...

So I got online and looked at the Southern Australia Police (because I am currently in school to become a police officer) and come to find out SAPOL makes more money as a cadet then our local police officers make here after their training :eek:. So that sparked my interest even more...

So now I have some questions for you guys (mostly just curious)

1) Hows the Economy? (I know it has to be better then ours)

2) Hows the Cost of Living down there? (Property Tax?.. Any Taxes on Land and what not)

3) What's medical system like down there? (Do you guys have free health care like canada?)

4) Pros?

5) Cons?

G'day mate. I used to see a lot of US Navy folk go goggle eyed at how much we got payed:eek: and then get disappointed when you tell them how much stuff costs:(. There's a definite difference in the cost of living, however I think it's more than made up for by the style of living:thumbup:. SA is a country town...lol....Foxes running across the road 2km from the CBD regularly:D. The police here have an unwholesome fixation with sorting out the national debt using the money from speeding fines:spank:, but if you don't speed, drink drive, drive unregistered or unlicensed you will likely never get pulled over.....even if you never use your indicators, dawdle in the overtaking lane and straddle lines using 2 lanes or even smash into other vehicles:eek:...lol... don't however smash into the revenue raising devices or they'll go nuts:spank:. The roads here in the hills suck....you think they could've made the road go straight once in a while:D.:rof:

An established three bedroom house on a 700square metre block is around 250 thou now (area dependent) This is on the cheaper end of the scale.

A new FZ6 is just over 10,000

Cheers
Mike

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
All in all its not too bad a place to live, if you want hussle and bussle its not the place, but we are getting bigger and bigger all the time. Times are a bit tuff here at the moment, and some econimists, are saying we are in for some real trouble, but hey we are australians, so we will sit back at let go past us.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All in all its not too bad a place to live, if you want hussle and bussle its not the place, but we are getting bigger and bigger all the time. Times are a bit tuff here at the moment, and some econimists, are saying we are in for some real trouble, but hey we are australians, so we will sit back at let go past us.

Dont you mean, we are cAustralian a nation of apathetic people, who given half the chance, let the world go by, and hope we dont get hurt in the process?

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No i mean we are a bunch of (she'll be alright mate) attituded people, who dont care about anyone elses problems as long as they dont effect us., too much. As long as the beers cold the pie's are hot and we can get fuel for our bikes, oh and gas for the barby, then its all alright.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No i mean we are a bunch of (she'll be alright mate) attituded people, who dont care about anyone elses problems as long as they dont effect us., too much. As long as the beers cold the pie's are hot and we can get fuel for our bikes, oh and gas for the barby, then its all alright.

Could not of said it better myself...that's the Aussie attitude in one!!!!

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You need to find out how hard it is to get in to some of these countries.

Steve

Find an Aussie chick...marry her, and your sorted! Lol! seriously though, i dont think it's too hard, if you have a profession where we need people...and we need police...always complaining they have not got enough....not enough to man all the revenue raising speed camera's that is!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You need to find out how hard it is to get in to some of these countries.

Steve

It's dead easy to get in here , my best mate met a girl from Romania on the net and they hit it off and now she is here on a 6 month visa..... When that expires she goes home tells her Government that she has a life in Oz and they say see ya..... And becoz Romania is very poor Australia say :welcome:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Find an Aussie chick...marry her, and your sorted! Lol! seriously though, i dont think it's too hard, if you have a profession where we need people...and we need police...always complaining they have not got enough....not enough to man all the revenue raising speed camera's that is!

Not enough?...lol. Have a hard time convincing me of that after all the coppers I saw yesterday. Holy cow man.....But yeah they do say they need more police....they usually bring in police from GB.
Cheers
Mike

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well there is always Wyoming where men are men and sheep are scared. "Bubba you just hold its head, I'm #$@%^@# this sheep/goat/cow!"

^^^:ban:

madstu

Reaction score
Visit site
If ya wanna head to Australia, make Melbourne your home. It has the best riding roads in the world bar none.

I may be a little biased being from Melbourne myself, but I don't think I'm too far off the mark.

Case in point is the Black Spur. A set of twisties through the hills where the road surface is as good as a race track. Pitty it's being over-policed at the moment.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If ya wanna head to Australia, make Melbourne your home. It has the best riding roads in the world bar none.

I may be a little biased being from Melbourne myself, but I don't think I'm too far off the mark.

Case in point is the Black Spur. A set of twisties through the hills where the road surface is as good as a race track. Pitty it's being over-policed at the moment.

Melbourne also has Phillip Island just down the road....Gods Race Track!

:thumbup: