bd43's 07 Headlight Mod Part 2

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a great mod. Looks good and retains all the functionality of the high and low beam set-up.

Lucifer Caitiff

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll probably be doing this mod next. I've been riding with my bright on for a long time because I don't like having my right side completely dark. Weeeeelllll....a CHP moto cop waved me to come ride next to him so he could yell at me for splitting lanes with my hi beam on while we were both riding through traffic.

At first I thought "what an ass" but then I realized...I'm the ass. I had my HIGH BEAM ON. I ride that route every day, so I'm sure this isn't the first time he's seen me with my bright on...I had no argument, I just said "You're right, I'm really sorry about that"

But riding with nothing on the right side is really, really scary. Scouring this thread now to figure out how to get that wire, I need it ASAP. I ride 75 miles round trip every day.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Lucifer,
Definately, DO this mod. Well worth the peace of mind. The hardest part will be waiting for it to arrive from Canada. BD43 carefully thought this one through and it comes complete with illustrated instructions.
Tom

LDO

Reaction score
Visit site
Wanted to say this is an excellent mod made fairly simple with bd43's excellent cable. I ordered from him last week and had the cable very quickly. The instructions were easy to follow. Thanks bd43.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed BD's duel headlight harness...Very nice! Easy to do, fast shipping-8 days on the spot, and a great mod to do. Thanks again BD!
Joe:thumbup:

Fz6wja

Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished this Mod; took me about an hour
All I can say Bd43 you really did your homework, everything was spot on with your instruction.The quality and workmanship looked like it came from the factory. Great guy to deal with. Thanks Bd43(Daryl)

luqas

Reaction score
Visit site
Great mod! Many thanks to bd43. I am planning to do this mod on my own, I have already fabricated the pin, however in my case the H7 bulb is on the right and H4 bulb on the left (sitting on the bike). Will it work for me? The bike is from Italy.

krobar

Reaction score
Visit site
Long time lurker - first time poster.
Thanks to BD43 for a simple, clean, quality mod. I ordered from him a couple months ago and finally put it in. It was very easy after I overcame my reluctance to remove the airbox.

Although it has probably been mentioned already, I have one tip to add:
Instead of attaching the pin to the harness first and then feeding it through, I started at the other end. I fed it through from the headlight area pushing the wire (pin first) into the cowling. It magically followed the other wires and came right out on the left side. Simple.:thumbup:

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
BD43- Can you let me know the price/shipping for a 2009 FZ6 USA? Thanks, the mod looks awesome.

Edit: I received the cable in about 11 business days here in Michigan, USA after shipment notification the day after purchase. The cable looks top notch. It has been mighty rainy here since then, so I haven't been able to install it. I might have to bite the bullet and find a vacant carport somewhere to do it. I'm just a little nervous about getting the tank up for the first time and screwing something up...

Last edited:

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Thank you for this awesome mod. The only thing I didn't love about the bike (other than the seat) was having only 1 headlight on, now I have both!!

On a side note, I have not read this entire thread but a friend of mine has a 2009 Ninja 650R. Looking at a wiring diagram, it looks like the wiring is the same on this bike as it is on ours (dimmer switch has a second low beam wire not being used). After he sees my bike Monday, I think he'll want to do his on his bike. The high beam bulb does not have a dual filament so he'll have to replace the bulb, but that's not a big deal. Food for thought for others that have friend with other kinds of bikes.

Thanks again!!!!

Zargof

MSF Instructor
Reaction score
Visit site
Received the cable today. Ordered on 5/8. Top notch cable. Ran it with the stock harness and the sizing was great. Thanks for the fantastic cable.

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
While I did not purchase from BD43, as I'm an Electrical Engineer by trade with a lot of experience in 12V electronics...

I do greatly appreciate the documentation, so I didn't even have to look up a pin-out or wiring diagram myself. Completed my own implementation of similar style this past weekend, and just wanted to give a shout out to you! Thanks!

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Mod completed today! As I said in an earlier post, the cable really is top notch, and the pictures from this post helped me immensely. I overcame my fear and lifted the tank today, finding that the previous owner had modded the airbox and slapped a K&N filter in there...he must be a member on here! After I figured out how to remove the lower air box, the install was cake. Complimented the harness with a set of sylvania silverstars and now I'm good to go. :)

Even if I wasn't doing this headlight mod, I'm glad I got the tank up and got to know my bike a little more.

Thank you Daryl.

krim

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe you guys can help me out.

I did this mod 2 season ago and i never had a problem before. This morning both light were on. This afternoon i noticed the Left light is not on.

Does anyone went through that problem?

I put the High beam and it lights up.

Now I'm back with One light

Please Help

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe you guys can help me out.

I did this mod 2 season ago and i never had a problem before. This morning both light were on. This afternoon i noticed the Left light is not on.

Does anyone went through that problem?

I put the High beam and it lights up.

Now I'm back with One light

Please Help

it may just be tht the low filament of the h4 bulb is burnts out. Replace it and it should work. It's probably doesn't have anything to do with doing bd43's mod, but if you think it does you can always do tcmalker's mod.