BONEMANFZ6.COM is now live on the Web!

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
NEW MOD UPDATE!

LED Underglow Lighting added: Boneman's FZ6 Site - LED Underglow

Nice write up and looks great. Not overdone and the nice understated glow that is really the mark of a good install.

You said you used the constant power source. Did you waire directly to the battery?

I can't tell you how many times I have used your site to help with a mod. Keep up the great work.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Nice write up and looks great. Not overdone and the nice understated glow that is really the mark of a good install.

You said you used the constant power source. Did you waire directly to the battery?

I can't tell you how many times I have used your site to help with a mod. Keep up the great work.

Thank you!

I wired the 12VDC + to an existing constant 12VDC+ wire I ran to the wiring for my Acumen DGV unit - and it came from a fused 12VDC+ off my battery to my Stebel Horn relay.

So yes, it a round about way it is directly from the battery, just make sure you put in an inline fuse to anything electronic you add.

BATTERY+ >>>>>>INLINE FUSE>>>>>ELECTRONICS (+)

If I originally knew I was going to do this many electrical mods, I would of seriousl considered wiring in a fused + terminal block and a - terminal block and centrally locate them under the tank. Then every time you need to wire in a new electrical mod, you already have a fused power source and a ground source and everything comes back to one point. Easy to install, troubleshoot, change and remove electrical mods.

Last edited:

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome site!

I have a couple small corrections for you to make...

On your Boneman's FZ6 Site - FZ6 Forums page the "SBN FZ6 Forum" link is incorrect. You have "http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/fz6/" and it's supposed to be "http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/fz6/".

A couple links to "OZNIUM.com" on this page Boneman's FZ6 Site - LED Underglow are wrong as well.

You have a ton of links on your site so it's easy to miss a couple here and there, just trying to help you out.

I absolutely love how you have the Mods page laid out. Each mod has a detailed description and awesome pictures as well!

Thanks a ton for sharing!

-Taso

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
NEW MOD UPDATE!

LED Underglow Lighting added: Boneman's FZ6 Site - LED Underglow

Boneman, I've gotten the same lights and controller kit. Already installed one light over the license plate (see my thread about it and for pics).
I'm a bit at a loss as to where to place the rest of the lights, do you have pictures of where did put them, or can you take them?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Boneman, I've gotten the same lights and controller kit. Already installed one light over the license plate (see my thread about it and for pics).
I'm a bit at a loss as to where to place the rest of the lights, do you have pictures of where did put them, or can you take them?

Just watch the viedo above (Boneman - All Mods). Around the 6:20 mark I show you the locations of all my LED lights.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
so is that how you say decals or do all canadians say decals like that? first i've ever heard anyone pronounce decals as deck-als. always heard it said dee-kals.

regardless, you still have one of the nicest (if not the nicest) fz6's i've ever seen.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
so is that how you say decals or do all canadians say decals like that? first i've ever heard anyone pronounce decals as deck-als. always heard it said dee-kals.

regardless, you still have one of the nicest (if not the nicest) fz6's i've ever seen.

Lol, next you'll be saying us Canadian's have an 'accent' or something! ;)

I've always pronouced it like 'dekal'. I figure if they wanted it pronounced "deekal" they would have spelt it DEECAL and not DECAL.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Lol, next you'll be saying us Canadian's have an 'accent' or something! ;)

I've always pronouced it like 'dekal'. I figure if they wanted it pronounced "deekal" they would have spelt it DEECAL and not DECAL.

So I just had to check the Wikipedia pronunciation table on that. If i'm reading it correctly, you're right and the rest of the world pronounces the word incorrectly. :confused:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Last question (for now) regarding the subject. Where did you get those nifty little terminal blocks? Can't find anything like it locally.

I found them at a local electronics store in town (Queal Electronics). I really need to go back and buy the pins for it too and re-do it with them on the ends of the wires.

Radio Shack might have something.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Hm, Merriam Webster disagrees....
decal - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

WIKIPEDIA VERSUS MERRIAM WEBSTER ....... FIGHT

Awww..... looks like Webster wins. FLAWLESS VICTORY!

funny-pictures-mortal-kombat-monkeys.jpg