Bought a Buell today!

I'd rather have an FZ1...

Not a fan of twins, but this bike looks fun.
I just don't ever want to walk into a Harley dealership and say the word, "I'll take that one."

*pukes

lol nice bike though

that`s why I bought it on the phone :Flip: :D

I don`t buy my next bike based on who makes it... As long as it fits my own list of requirements, I am happy :thumbup: I certainly hope your own list is different than mine!

I also take the fact that not a lot of ppl would buy this bike as a good thing... riding what everybody else rides doesn`t excite me much.

ok sorry for the delay guys... here it is:

2772693329_06d79e7c29_o.jpg

Wavex...that is positively the MEANEST looking bike I have ever seen:jawdrop:

The Blue wheels with all that flat black just looks killer!:rockon:

Nice choice....WOW is all I can muster....:drool:

Congrats!

Sliders are on the frame already... look closely :) they`re those triangular "pucks" right in the middle of the frame, below the Buell logo on the tank.

You can add some at the swingarm + forks as well... which I shall do ASAP.

Yes, the belt requires ZERO maintenance. The rear axel is fixed, no adjustment either... slap the wheel and belt in there, and done... love it.

Get sliders at the swingarm - VERY USEFUL!

Congrats David. I'll be riding my bike to work in Long Beach all this week if you want to meet up after work any day this week. Also, I'll try to make the time for the ride this weekend, but no gurantees since I have a big test coming up on Tuesday.

BTW, glad to see you went with the blue. That thing looks badass!:thumbup:

Congrats David. I'll be riding my bike to work in Long Beach all this week if you want to meet up after work any day this week. Also, I'll try to make the time for the ride this weekend, but no gurantees since I have a big test coming up on Tuesday.

BTW, glad to see you went with the blue. That thing looks badass!:thumbup:

How about Friday evening for a beer and food? :rockon:

Last edited:
Sellout! J/K that is a sweet looking bike you should put a fz-n headlight on it :)

Man that thing is screaming for a fender eliminator (do factories ever pay attention to the aftermarket)

+1 wavex
Buell > Kawasucki

Well I read some great reviews on the ZX14... very comfy, very nice motor, great all around bike for sport touring, but then again, the Goldwing is comfy, and has a nice motor too........ :D I am not a fan of big heavy bikes like that... for splitting traffic in LA, I prefer a small flickable bike... same for canyon carving as a matter of fact... but that's just me! I know PCHBreeze likes long trips, and to go fast in straight lines, so that bike may fit him perfectly :cheer:

Sellout! J/K that is a sweet looking bike you should put a fz-n headlight on it :)

Man that thing is screaming for a fender eliminator (do factories ever pay attention to the aftermarket)

NO headlight mod on this bike... I am done with that! :)

I believe the reason why all OEM bikes have big long ugly rear fenders is because of the law... I hear the license plate should be on the same vertical line as the back of the rear tire... or something like that... nothing that an FE kit can`t fix in a heart beat :) (I am working on it)

"But Davey, that's not an FZ6" (Goliath's voice, tell me you know that show) :( but it is a wicked cool looking bike.

I tried out a Suzuki Bandit 1250 yesterday... very comfy seat, but we are not allowed test drives here in MA. I told the guy right off I wasn't trading my Yamaha in.. if I were to get the Bandit.. I would give my FZ to my son who is turning 16 in 11 days :eek:

The R1 was great for what you said but horrible commuting on the 605 (a straight line). Also, the seat angle was the worst...sat on many liter bikes since then and its the only one that's that sharp of an angle.
the zzr has a nice low center of gravity considerings its weight...should feel the same as the fz6 with new tires (flattened tires from commuting sucks on twisties!)
Let's go through some twisties together and see who's mean :D that looks like a whale to me
Let's not and say I won
:Flip::

Last edited:
NO headlight mod on this bike... I am done with that! :)

I believe the reason why all OEM bikes have big long ugly rear fenders is because of the law... I hear the license plate should be on the same vertical line as the back of the rear tire... or something like that... nothing that an FE kit can`t fix in a heart beat :) (I am working on it)

I guess that makes sense but no matter what ya ride you know you will always be welcome here ( and I wanna see pics because i dont think anyone can drop that bad of the mod bug by moving to a new bike.) :D

I've always liked the look of the Buell's belt tensioner at low speeds. Bike's rolling along and there's this little wheel spinning backwards like some sort or Rube Goldberg contraption.

It appeals to my sense of weirdness.

Well I read some great reviews on the ZX14... very comfy, very nice motor, great all around bike for sport touring, but then again, the Goldwing is comfy, and has a nice motor too........ :D I am not a fan of big heavy bikes like that... for splitting traffic in LA, I prefer a small flickable bike... same for canyon carving as a matter of fact... but that's just me! I know PCHBreeze likes long trips, and to go fast in straight lines, so that bike may fit him perfectly :cheer:

With a shorter wheelbase like that and such a compact design, you'll lane split like a snake!

If there was any other bike (with in my budget) that I would of bought besides my FZ it definitely would have been a Buell. Enjoy your new ride.

Back