Bought a Buell today!

the zzr has a nice low center of gravity considerings its weight...should feel the same as the fz6 with new tires (flattened tires from commuting sucks on twisties!)

:rof: I don`t think so... it`ll be about 100lb more (wet) on the kawi... it def won`t feel like an fz, no matter what tires you put on there.

Let's not and say I won
:Flip::

:rof: suuuuuuuuuuuure.... we`ll see next Saturday.... I hope you got A LOT better than last time we rode... or else we`ll spend more time waiting than riding :D

Last edited:
How about Friday evening for a beer and food? :rockon:

I'm in. I'll call you later in the week to firm things up and get your address again to put in my GPS. You haven't seen my bike since I did the 2Bros and R6 projectors... it looks pretty mean and now sounds it too!:rockon:

What's funny about the new 2008 ZX-14 is the sound it makes. Somehow, without using the muffler, the Ninja makes less noise than an FZ6. I thought that was pretty cool. It's like a silent assassin or something.

I'm in. I'll call you later in the week to firm things up and get your address again to put in my GPS. You haven't seen my bike since I did the 2Bros and R6 projectors... it looks pretty mean and now sounds it too!:rockon:

I'll be there, we can plan our Saturday ride as well...Just got my R1 back in street trim for this ride..

Awesome guys! rg-one should meet us too, so now we need to agree on a good brewery/restaurant... Huntington Beach should be a good compromise to meet up right? John, do you know anything good in Huntington?
:rockon:

What's funny about the new 2008 ZX-14 is the sound it makes. Somehow, without using the muffler, the Ninja makes less noise than an FZ6. I thought that was pretty cool. It's like a silent assassin or something.

I think you should buy the ZX14 Elm... you can`t stop talking about it can you :D

Very sharp bike Wavex. :thumbup: I was interested in Buell, but cost was a factor for my 1st bike. I always like the look but as you said earlier I also wanted to get something that wasn't quite out there all that much. Great choice and thanks for the update.

I really, really, really, really want an 1125r or a Firebolt now. That is one sharp bike David!

I really, really, really, really want an 1125r or a Firebolt now. That is one sharp bike David!

ok the 1125 is AMAZING... the motor is unbelievable, and the ergos are fine for an SS bike.

One, and only one, negative comment I would make, was the heat coming out on the left side of the bike... particularly from the frame located against your inner left thigh :eek:
Pretty weird... it was a warm day and the bike had been ridden in stop and go traffic all day, but it shouldn`t get that hot... it was burning me through my levis... and that was verified on the two bikes there.

Anyway, if you don`t do a lot of city riding, get it! that motor..... :thumbup:

you are really making me lust after lightnings again. that new black frame is buh-buh-buh-bad and i love how cartoony the bike looks with the huge tires and tiny wheelbase. i came super close to buying a lightning before my fz6 but a couple things kept me away, namely lack of bang for the buck performance and nonexistent pillion comfort.

looking good though wavex, but i do see the tail changes making a fender eliminator more difficult.

I am an ex-Buell rider, not that a Blast has much to do with any other Buell made. But it was in the shop all the time, and I had plenty of time to look at all those other beautiful models. I thing Buells are pretty much the coolest looking sport bikes around. Everything else looks so similar to me.

I think you should buy the ZX14 Elm... you can`t stop talking about it can you :D

attachment.php

Can't stop thinking about it either.

ok the 1125 is AMAZING... the motor is unbelievable, and the ergos are fine for an SS bike.

One, and only one, negative comment I would make, was the heat coming out on the left side of the bike... particularly from the frame located against your inner left thigh :eek:
Pretty weird... it was a warm day and the bike had been ridden in stop and go traffic all day, but it shouldn`t get that hot... it was burning me through my levis... and that was verified on the two bikes there.

Anyway, if you don`t do a lot of city riding, get it! that motor..... :thumbup:

That is what I've heard and read too, you can bake a dozen potatoes in no time flat on the 1125r, and from what I understand that is the improved cooling system!

One cool think about Buell is all of the OEM Aftermarket you can get for it, spring kits for $75.00, ignition modules for $200.00, seats, bags, lots of goodies for less $$$ than what we pay for our FZ goodies.

I've been silently observing this thread and studying over your new Buell. That is one bad MoFo bike Dave. I think you did an excellent job choosing your new bike, and this one seems to suit you very well. I've been secretly wanting a HD, but when I visited a Harley Store and saw lots of " HD type of peeps" I was shun off. The HDs are friggen expensive compared to the Jap bikes. This Buell you picked might be the perfect compromise between owning a Harley that has sweet Jap-like design. I look forward to seeing you and your new ride this Saturday. BTW did you consider getting the new Triumph streetfighter and what prompted you to choose yours over it?

Cheers :Sport:

That is what I've heard and read too, you can bake a dozen potatoes in no time flat on the 1125r, and from what I understand that is the improved cooling system!

One cool think about Buell is all of the OEM Aftermarket you can get for it, spring kits for $75.00, ignition modules for $200.00, seats, bags, lots of goodies for less $$$ than what we pay for our FZ goodies.

Yeah I was surprised at the price of aftermarket parts... much cheaper than the FZ... the Jardine slipon is $300! and it sounds meaaaaannnnnn :)
OEM Saddle bags are $150... that's probably my next purchase since we`re planning a long wkd ride soon....

I've been silently observing this thread and studying over your new Buell. That is one bad MoFo bike Dave. I think you did an excellent job choosing your new bike, and this one seems to suit you very well. I've been secretly wanting a HD, but when I visited a Harley Store and saw lots of " HD type of peeps" I was shun off. The HDs are friggen expensive compared to the Jap bikes. This Buell you picked might be the perfect compromise between owning a Harley that has sweet Jap-like design. I look forward to seeing you and your new ride this Saturday. BTW did you consider getting the new Triumph streetfighter and what prompted you to choose yours over it?

Cheers :Sport:

The Speed/Street triples are awesome bikes, but I wanted a real v-twin... the triples still require you to go to 8-10k rpms to get the full power out of the engine, and that's what I wanted to get away from...

Back