Demo'd Triumph Street Triple R Today

if it had an ABS version id would have bought it instead of the FZ... but, it doesn't and it costs more, so that sucks really... more money-less safety is a deal breaker for me.
looks sexy tho..

FZ doesn't get ABS here in the USA anyway, so scratch that for this side of the pond.

WoooW! What a GR8 bike. Safe miles! :rockon: Pics!

Is the Street Triple the naked of the Daytona 675 or are they completely different (riding)? I'm crazy about the Daytona 675. I know its a super bike and should be compared to the R6, but I wonder how it will compare to the FZ6/FZ6"R" - not performance but riding comfort. Its important for me that my BH will be comfortable as well. I wish they made a Daytona 675"R" ;)

The Street Triple is to the Daytona as the FZ6 is to the R6. They share some basic parts and most of the motor components, but are frankly very very different bikes. I got the R which splits the difference a bit with better brakes & adjustable suspension.

In all reality, if you are looking for something similar to the FZ in comfort and functionality, the STriple is the bike to go for. I road the Daytona for about 20 minutes and my wrists already hurt and my thumb went numb. Not the bike for me since I do a lot of touring/commuting on my bike, not just weekend warrior canyons.

give us a review after a long day of tour type riding.. interested in possibly upgrading to a street R as well...

Got her for 10,500 out the door... all taxes, license, etc included. I also got 15% off all accessories and $0 down, 0 payments, 0 interest for 6 months.:thumbup:

Cool deal! But watch out for the interest rates after the 6 months as I heard motorcycle finance companies jack them up pretty high. Now post the pics please, will ya :rockon:

3913934893_673d4b0a7d_b.jpg

Gongrats. Have you joined triumph675.net yet? Great site. After not riding for 10 years, I was worried about my wrists hurting, so I bought the FZ6. Well, my wrists hurt. I figured if my wrists were going to hurt, I might as well get a Daytona. Now my wrists don't hurt at all. Go figure.

View attachment 24639

Enjoy and be safe.

Gongrats. Have you joined triumph675.net yet? Great site. After not riding for 10 years, I was worried about my wrists hurting, so I bought the FZ6. Well, my wrists hurt. I figured if my wrists were going to hurt, I might as well get a Daytona. Now my wrists don't hurt at all. Go figure.

Enjoy and be safe.

Love your bike. We used to have Tornado 06 Daytona 675 - ran jardines on it. Had a lot of CF - beautiful bike. Miss it heaps. Hubby now has 08 XJR 1300 and his new baby, 09 Triumph Speed Triple. Not as nice looking as the 675, but still a nice bike.

I looked at a Street Triple R for myself, but as I was still on a restricted licence, I couldn't test ride it. Hubby said it was probably a little "twitchy" for me. Still love the look of them though.

Couple of pics - the 675 was taken on the day we sold it - most of CF had been stripped off by then.

Love your bike. We used to have Tornado 06 Daytona 675 - ran jardines on it. Had a lot of CF - beautiful bike. Miss it heaps. Hubby now has 08 XJR 1300 and his new baby, 09 Triumph Speed Triple. Not as nice looking as the 675, but still a nice bike.

I looked at a Street Triple R for myself, but as I was still on a restricted licence, I couldn't test ride it. Hubby said it was probably a little "twitchy" for me. Still love the look of them though.

Couple of pics - the 675 was taken on the day we sold it - most of CF had been stripped off by then.

I agree with your husband. The STriple R is a pretty twitchy bike, certainly not a beginners bike at all. Besides, you wouldn't appreciate it nearly as much if you hadn't been riding something else first. I seriously love this bike.

I really like the speed triple too. It was the striple that first got me looking at triumph, then I saw the daytona and had to have it. I have the TOR exhaust w/cf tip, racetech rear spring for my weight, FP tactical race levers, tech specs, and passanger seat cowl. Love the sound and the torque of the triples.

Rob, you need ur sig updated. How is the mpg on the Striple?

I've been getting mid 40's on it and that's mostly highway at ~80mph. I'm sure if I slowed it down a bit I could get better. Certainly not the 50+ I got on the FZ, but also a much more powerful bike.

rottenkid said:
I really like the speed triple too. It was the striple that first got me looking at triumph, then I saw the daytona and had to have it. I have the TOR exhaust w/cf tip, racetech rear spring for my weight, FP tactical race levers, tech specs, and passanger seat cowl. Love the sound and the torque of the triples.

I really liked the Speed Triple too, but the frame is quite a bit wider than the Street Triple. So even though the seat height isn't much different, I had a much harder time reaching the ground on the Speed due to the wider frame bowing my legs out. Otherwise, it's a dream bike and probably WAY more power than I could ever want/need. I'll stick with the 675cc's I've got.:thumbup:

The torque a-n-y-w-h-e-r-e really is the biggest difference over the FZ6, although I still miss that top end roar of the FZ6. I looked at the smaller triumph triples, but they were too similar to what I had on the FZ6, and I couldn't justify a change. In the end, the 1050 Sprint ST fit my needs better.

Oh yeah, and just like the FZ's, the red ones really are faster.

The torque a-n-y-w-h-e-r-e really is the biggest difference over the FZ6, although I still miss that top end roar of the FZ6. I looked at the smaller triumph triples, but they were too similar to what I had on the FZ6, and I couldn't justify a change. In the end, the 1050 Sprint ST fit my needs better.

Oh yeah, and just like the FZ's, the red ones really are faster.

I believe the Matte Graphite ones are faster:spank: LOL

Back