Digital Fuel Gauge stuck in full position

Diverman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone. I've had my FZ6 since last September and have never had a problem. Just pulled it out of storage and noticed the fuel guage hasn't moved even though I've burned at least a third of my fuel.

Is there a quick reset or am I taking back to the dealer?

Best!

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
The float may be stuck. You can try tilting the tank up and shaking it, and maybe you can reach through the filler cap to grab the float and move it.

Fred

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree. It's mostly likely a stuck float.

If nothing else works, or you have reason to think it's an electronic glitch, you might try disconnecting your battery for a few minutes to reset the panel.

W

wrightme43

If you have giant meat hooks for hands dont stick them in the tank.
I have a extra tank that is finishing spotweld pin pulls now. The guy doing it, first thing when I brought it to him, stuck his hand in and we had to use soap to get it out.
Sunday he did it again and no one was around. He had to drive to his dads to get him to help get it off.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If shaking doesn't work, it may need a good soak; fill the tank to the absolute brim and let it set overnight, ride.

Now, to fill it to the absolute brim, do you put it on the centerstand or not? :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :Flip:

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the opposite problem, a tank that's full but a gauge that reads empty with a flashing bar on the display. Also the bike doesn't run at all well, often only on three cylinders. Bad fuel is the cause, the Missus filled it up from an old petrol can she found in the garage, but do you think it would be old gummy fuel, or water that's got into it? What's the best way to deal with each one?

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I have the opposite problem, a tank that's full but a gauge that reads empty with a flashing bar on the display. Also the bike doesn't run at all well, often only on three cylinders. Bad fuel is the cause, the Missus filled it up from an old petrol can she found in the garage, but do you think it would be old gummy fuel, or water that's got into it? What's the best way to deal with each one?

Add some HEET gas line dryer to the fuel system. You probably got water into the fuel system.

The fuel might be old, so top up with fresh to dilute the old stuff.

But the fuel won't be gummy unless it was flowing like molasses when she filled up the bike. That's not too likely, because I think she would have noticed.

Fred

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

wtf?!?!?! Does your 'missus' often top up your tank for you? :spank: I'd be seriously reconsidering my relationship with my girl if she took it upon herself to do anything to my bike without asking me.

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
It's her bike, not mine. The petrol was fresh, the can had been knocking around in the garage for a long time though.

We drained the tank earlier and there was a LOT of nasty watery sludgy gunge in the bottom of the tank. She checked the plugs which all looked good but were a bit loose and one of the plug caps was cracked.

I took the fuel pump out and cleaned some gritty crap off the filter but otherwise it was in very good condition.

It seems the bad running was down to the water and gritty fluffy detritus in the fuel, also maybe exaserbated by the loose spark plugs. As for the fuel gauge not working, no idea, could that be down to water in the fuel as well?