Do You Own the Right Motorcycle?

See post below. Then answer. Question is in red halfway down the post.

• Total voters

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks TAMPA,
I had dreams that I had the chance to buy my tacoma back for months after I traded it in for my F150 when my daughter came along. Really miss that truck, first 4x4 I took the entire suspension apart when I upgraded.:(
Joe:thumbup:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 does all I need from touring to mountain carving to commuting.

I can forsee myself getting a larger engined more touring oriented bike for long distance rides especially as I get close to the 40 year mark and my back has had enough of standard/sport bikes.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A friend of mine has this for sale, and HIS friend, the other :drool: . I could be tempted ;)

1 is going for @$36,0000, the other @$160,000 :eek:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We almost made it to the Italian bike shop today. They have some beautiful MV's and Ducs there! Works of art.

I've just got done fixing a Ducati Monster 620ei. Had a fuel problem and died last Saturday and my friend had it towed to me. Fixed it yesterday and did a 40 mile shakedown ride today. What a fun bike! You look at it and it's art!

lastlaugh

Reaction score
Visit site
Noticed not many people listed Harley as an option. The FZ is great for me right now. I would like to add a Road King or a Streetglide someday.

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a fazer as my first big bike and decided I wanted a v-twin litre bike. So I got an sv1000, that was a fun bike, even though it was more powerful it felt slower as the power delivery is so smooth and has no high end rush. After putting up with the wrist and back breaking position for 6 months I traded again this time for a dl650 v-Strom. That is a really great bike and felt like a lazy boy after the sv1000. But as I did not do any of the planned touring I started to miss the fazer. I test rode a v-rod and a street triple and eventually got another fazer. It really does everything I want it to very well. I would have a street triple over it but the fazer is much better value at current prices. For those craving more power like I did, I'm telling you you just don't need it. The sv1000 was so annoying you twisted the throttle and you were going double the speed limit in a blink, but somehow didnt feel as thrilling as winding up a 600 inline 4.
I'm came back to the fazer after thinking the grass was greener and quite frankly it wasn't.

soundgarden

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my bike but I could definitely use more linear power especially at the bottom...more torque I guess would b good. Next bike will probably be a duc 848 evoor a gsxr 750

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my bike but I could definitely use more linear power especially at the bottom...more torque I guess would b good. Next bike will probably be a duc 848 evoor a gsxr 750

If that's what you want the 848 will have loads. I just change down a gear or 2 when I need to accelerate.

Gimper

Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn't be happier with my 05 FZ. I just added leoVince exhaust on it and absolutely love the sound and ride of the bike. What drew me to the bike was the exhaust location and of course the more upright seating position. I really like the look of undertail exhaust. I love the fact that the bike is light and you can through it into the corners. I am going on my first multiple day trip next week on the bike and am very excited (Going to Laconia NH to take in some of the Bike week). We are also going to be going up Mt. Washinton. Although i fear that my but will be sore from putting so many Kms on in such a short time. I look forward to owning this bike for many more years. I don't see me switching bikes anytime soon. the only reason I would is if I start touring around with my wife and i would look hard at the FZ1.

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
going up Mt. Washinton

Oh man, it's incredible up there. When I went 5 years ago it was $11.50 per bike vs $20 per car. Also it will be 20 degrees cooler up top, the roads are sometimes not paved, always very narrow, and sometimes rutted and in bad shape. And finally when you get to the parking lot, do NOT go to the top level unless you have a clear shot with no cars in front of you. The path to the top lot is so steep that when I stopped for a car, I slid backwards holding just the front brake on the vulcan 500 I was on... just slooooowly dragged the front tire backwards, inching back down the hill. Scared the living crap out of me, but I managed to get going again and not tip over. HAVE FUN!

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had an fz6, now im on a fz1, but boy do I want a BMW K1200S. 1300 if it was cheaper lol.
Can get a 2007 k1200S with 30.000km's for about 10.000 euros, packed with options.
But I just finished making the fz1 pretty... unfortunatly my knee doesn't agree with the fz1. I'm somewhat to tall for it, already bought adjustable rizoma rearsets, didn't help :(

fastar1

Reaction score
Visit site
The original post worded it just right for the way I feel.

I was so lucky to chance upon the FZ6 when I was shopping for my first bike and didn't know anything about anything. The bike is so well rounded I ended up able to try everything in the motorcycling world (except off-road) so that I really got a good taste for what it had to offer, while learning about my own interests at the same time.

I used to think everyone should have an FZ6 and nobody needed anything else, but now 3 years and 35000 km later I'm starting to discover some of the bike's limitations. In particular, I'm thinking I need a new bike for track duty. I'm at the point where I'm staring at about $2000 to upgrade the suspension and get a dyno tune and I'm thinking maybe it's time to move on.

I feel guilty about it but my wandering eye is gazing at the Street Triple R these days, as it looks like it might suit my needs a little better than my FZ6 even if I did the mods. It's not as much of a tourer without the fairing, centre stand, fuel gauge, incredible fuel range, rubber mounted pegs and so on... but I should be able to make it work for my touring needs.

I haven't taken the plunge yet but I've already come a long way from what I used to think, which was that I would only ever own this one bike in my lifetime.

economarte

Reaction score
Visit site
To me my FZ6 is like that perfect girlfriend who is cute and does everything right and you dont really have any complaints but you still lust after the hot stripper :).. One day the FZ will be replaced by this hot stripper :)
2010_Kawasaki_Z1000_DSC_4126-2.jpg

+1 for me!!!!

Johnstrat1927

Reaction score
Visit site
To me my FZ6 is like that perfect girlfriend who is cute and does everything right and you dont really have any complaints but you still lust after the hot stripper :).. One day the FZ will be replaced by this hot stripper :)
2010_Kawasaki_Z1000_DSC_4126-2.jpg

I totally think the same way haha! :D:D:D

I have been blessed with a number of bikes to play with. I currently own three bikes namely an 04' Yamaha FZ6 which I use for mountain carving, an 00' Yamaha V-MAX which I use for riding on straight highways and a 91' Honda NC30 VFR400R that I use on the track. My dad owns 10 bikes mostly bobbers and big twin cruisers and tourers that I borrow on really long rides that require a lot of luggage.

All I can say is, if were to choose just one bike to use it would definitely be the FZ6.

I have been riding pure sport bikes for years now and got tired of my back aching on long trips so I needed something that is comfortable but can still keep up or even play with my sport bike riding friends.

The FZ6 does a pretty good job of doing what I require of it. :rockon:

But then if I could afford a MV Agusta Brutale Cannonball I would have gotten it already haha!

mv-agusta-1090rr.jpg

Last edited:

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel the same way except for the hot stripper I would go with a hot down to earth country girl who grew up Catholic.

I've been looking real hard at the 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 not the Z1000. I just don't want to pay retail for a new bike.

I may give my FZ6 to my 18 year old son as a starter bike.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I am so happy with the FZ6 that I may just stick with it for the long haul. Honestly, if there is any upgrade in my future it will likely be for its big brother the FZ1. Very impressed with Yamahas engineering and ride quality.

I commute 70 miles round trip 5 days a week for work, so a bike like the FZ is perfect for all my needs. Last bike was an 06 Kawi 650R, and teh FZ is a big step up as far as I'm concerned.

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
I will definately be keeping the FZ6; no plans at all to sell it at any point. I feel very similar to Fastar1, in the sense that I was truly lucky to stumble upon the FZ6 when I bought my first bike... It is the swiss army knife of bikes, a good tool for everything. It is right at home on the back roads... there to get good commuter mileage... and ready to hit the track with the supersports...

I will definately own other bikes within the next year or two... I plan on getting a '04 and up SV650s for the track duties...

Also, an FJR1300 for longer distance touring with the SO... but the FZ will always get a consideration for the ride depending on where im going...

It has been a great first bike and taken over 20k miles without a bit of complaint and with a little maintenance ready to do another 80k miles in the future...

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am definitely going to keep the fz6 for a long time, but I see an adventure touring bike coming in the future. Nothing wrong with having 2 bikes..

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my FZ6 a month and put only about 3K km on it so far, so I'm nowhere near feeling the limitations. But when I first rode my Nighthawk, I couldn't imagine needing anything more, either. I like the FZ6 waaaaaay more. It feels just right for my weight, skill, and experience. I love it so much! :cheer: