Early Xmas for Mrs. Lefty

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mrs. Lefty has been very, very good this year what with kicking me out of the house to go on a couple of multi day rides with my pals and letting me drag some of my forum hooligan buds hang out at the old homestead.
So Santa came early this year and got Mrs. Lefty this 2011 Yamaha (of course) XT 250 with 1300 miles on it. We had to drive 155 miles to Yuba City to pick it up and I rode it home with about 100 of those miles on busy Interstates through the Bay Area traffic to get it home.
Just let me say what a difference it is riding a single cylinder, 19hp thumper on the freeway for that long compared to the FZ6. :eek: It'll be a fun bike for the Mrs. on our local moutain roads though and it's the bike she's wanted for a couple of years now. The only immediate mods it needs is a one up tooth in the front sprocket, a little carb tweaking, and an aftermarket exhaust.
Although the Mrs. has ridden most of her life, it's been a few years and this coming week she'll be taking a MSF refresher course at the local Jr. College.
I'm still a little freaked out about her riding since I had to take evasive actions three different times on the way home yesterday to avoid being hit.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm jealous, mine's only a 2000. Better check that oil, mine burns up a lot winding the bike at high RPM's going down the freeway.

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Dun lookz mighty fine fer Mrs. Lefty, but wut'd ya get me? :Flip:
You'll have ta bring her up fer sum laps of Skaggs; best place in the bay area ta find one's "Zen flow." :cheer:

P1010005.jpg

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What mpg,65,75,85?

Not sure yet. I topped it off at around 50 miles on the way home but unfortunately I filled up the car first and didn't look to see how many gallons I had already used before switching the nozzle to the bike. I will know how good/bad the mileage is on strictly 65-70 mph freeway riding is as soon as I fill it up next. Stay tuned... ;)

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats to Mrs. Lefty. I'm sure she is super happy right now. Merry Christmas.

Thanks, she is pretty excited. But she'll be even happier after she takes the MSF course this weekend and I actually let her ride it. :rockon:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love it!

You need to put a bow on it for her - Mike did with my CB250 a few years ago, on Chrissy Day :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, this thread reminds me of sump'in funny; back in '10 I dun bought my FJR (Used) the weekend before Valentines day.
Our friends, family, all the wimmenz at work are always say'in; "what did you get Mrs. Banjo for Valentines day?"
Usually I tell 'em; "Be'in married ta me is the gift!" :rockon:
But, in 2010, I dun told 'em I got the little woman an FJR. (Even though she don't even ride.) :rof:

Shawty_FJR.jpg

So you sure this little thrasher ain't fer you Lefty? :D