Easy Camera Mount for Go-Pro/Contour addicts

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I got this on ebay for 7 bucks shipped. It is pretty good for the price, metal parts, seems strong enough. I am using it here with a Contour HD. Can be mounted almost anywhere.

The only thing I am not sure is if the velcro straps will hold the camera tied enough at highway speed. I have a trip coming soon, guess I will try it out then.

iShoot Camera/Flash Ball Head Bracket/Holder/Mount on Bicycles/Bike/Motorcycle | eBay

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good. I'd be curious as to how stable the videos turn out. And if it hold up to your highway speed.

Kindly post a video if you can.

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
I also would be interested in how it works. I have user RAM mounts on the handle bars and just get too much vibration. Helmet mound has always worked best for me. BUT this looks interesting.

Marc

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I like it. I can not resist those cheap ebay mounts! I just ordered one.

I bought a gps mount on ebay 2 years ago for something like $3.00 (similar to a ram mount) and I am still using it!

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I tried it today on a small trip and the ball joint is useless. It can't hold my contour in place at any speed.

The good thing is that the ball joint part can be removed and I can attached the Contour on the base directly. Will try that next time and post video if it works well.

Let us know how it goes for you Mrphotoman.

skyworm

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Contour HD.I think the best place to mount the camera is on the tank.I've made a mount from an old tripod and plex (one friend has cnc router and he helped).This is video from it
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51_UgiYudos&list=PL8AF94D1DEFB1A2FD&index=2&feature=plpp_video]Kastoria01.MOV - YouTube[/ame]
Now i'm trying a new way to mount the camera.I'm using a tripod with flexible legs.Judge from pics how flexible it is.Last two pics is of tank mount.Don't have videos from tripod mount yet,but soon will have.