Epic California Ride - Now with pics/video!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Have the best time! We're cyber riders with you!:rockon:

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Bryan! 500 flawless miles today :) we made it to Mammoth Lakes.

Few more pics from today on the site above... Video and more pics later :)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh and John nearly got 65mpg today, and I managed to hit 55!!! Sick for the Buell and my style of riding :)

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for getting pics up so soon. It's like we're almost there. :thumbup:
Looking forward to Thursday!

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh and John nearly got 65mpg today, and I managed to hit 55!!! Sick for the Buell and my style of riding :)

How do you get that millage? I normally average about 40 mpg in the city!!!!!!! But I've never done a long trip to see what mpg I'd get.

Thanks for the great pictures and updates.

Be safe and enjoy

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone heard from our SoCal Brothers t'day? :confused: Prolly not near a wireless but Daves got his phone so I'll check the link....

Update: They're in Tahoe after another great day of riding, sippin some brewskies.

Last edited:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
John, Dave, and I hit PERFECT weather riding after the early morning breakfast (thanks Dave!) in South Lake Tahoe. Only a few hiccups (road construction) on CA89 leaving the Tahoe basin. The ride over Ebbetts Pass on CA4 (seasonal mountain highway) into the San Juaquin Valley was great--first time on it:rockon: for me. These guys know how to lean! Looking forward to a rendez-vous for another ride sometime---Stacy

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
These guys know how to lean! Looking forward to a rendez-vous for another ride sometime---Stacy

I'm sure they were even holding back given the fact that they didn't know the roads. Try following these guys on a road they already know!!! It's humbling.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure they were even holding back given the fact that they didn't know the roads. Try following these guys on a road they already know!!! It's humbling.

Oh, I know all about this.... ;) When they are in my sight, which isn't too often, it's fun to watch.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
John, Dave, and I hit PERFECT weather riding after the early morning breakfast (thanks Dave!) in South Lake Tahoe. Only a few hiccups (road construction) on CA89 leaving the Tahoe basin. The ride over Ebbetts Pass on CA4 (seasonal mountain highway) into the San Juaquin Valley was great--first time on it:rockon: for me. These guys know how to lean! Looking forward to a rendez-vous for another ride sometime---Stacy

You guys all have matching tires in the second pic; did I miss a memo somewhere? :D

Awesome pics guys! I'd love to take a ride over to that end of the country someday.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back a little while ago from the last leg of today's ride with David and John from Skyline Blvd. down Hwy 9 to Santa Cruz. You're not kidding they can ride. They were nice enough to let me lead the Skyline section and I thought I was going a pretty fair pace, but somehow I kept having the feeling that I was holding them up. I waved them to the front for the Hwy 9 section and when there wasn't road construction stoppage (4 of them I believe) or the heavy traffic at the end, I had to ride my best to keep up with them. When we arrived in Santa Cruz they were nice enough to tell me my pace was good (although I think they might have been just being nice to me) and then pointed out that my BT016's were now in the need of replacement. They are a bad, bad influence when it comes to rubber usage. :spank::D
Great guys though and I had an awesome, though short, ride with them.
Thanks John and David.
P.S. I ran out of the house without my camera but David took a few pics at the end which I hope they'll post..

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
John and his extensive network of breweries throughout California are the only reason why I've been slacking on updating the thread...:Flip:

It was awesome meeting Stacy (Tailgate) and John (Lefty) and I'll have much more to add later, but props to both of them for making the effort to meet us.

Stacy; j'espere que les cyclistes ont survecus!
John: thx for showing us around today, Skyline is beautiful (loved #9 too!), we had a lot of fun today!

More soon I need sleep.

1100 miles so far and 400+ tomorrow! (PCH for most of it yeah!!!)