Error code 12 after fixing old isolairband on font lights wiring harness

godminus

Reaction score
Visit site
hola

I have an annoying problem with my 2005 fazer600

I decided to put some new isolairband around the front lights wires since they were all dirty and old.

After doing so (took me about 20 minutes, nothing major), I wanted to check that everything works well. put the key in the switch & turn it into ON position
everything lit up okay. tried to press the start button and then I heared this ticking noise coming from the battery, so I assumed there must be a short or something. I tried to press the PASS button (the one that turns the HIGH BEAM on) and everything went crazy - gauges went offline and online again.

So I unwrapped everything and double checked all of the wires - everything seems to be ok. tried to switch the key to the ON position and this time I get code 12, which says in the manual "Open or short circuit in wiring harness.", START button does nothing but this crampy noise - pressing the PASS button again does the same thing making the guages go offline&online

Any idea anyone??
Thanks
Shai

According to the 2007 service manual, Error Code 12 is no signal received from the crankshaft position sensor. Starting and driving are disabled. I wonder if something came unplugged or a wire got pulled out when you were working.....?

According to the 2007 service manual, Error Code 12 is no signal received from the crankshaft position sensor. Starting and driving are disabled. I wonder if something came unplugged or a wire got pulled out when you were working.....?

Well I doubt something came unplugged - I only worked on the front lights wiring, I didn't even pull anything I just put on some new isolairband.. nothing more!

The battery might not have enough charge?

Thats probably the problem. I installed a new alarm 2 days ago, it must be it.

I've noticed that when I move the switch to ON position and then press the right brake lever, the light in the gauges gets reallyy dimmed like there's no power.

happened to me once....
Check the connectors they seem to be well plugged in.. BUT THEY ARE NOT!
Push them a little harder..

Have you checked your battery?

Yep visited the garage today charged the battery for about 1.5 hours (which is NOTHING) and it revived everything, works well, went for a 60km ride to pump some more juice to the battery

everything works well now.
question is: should I try to plug the alarm again? :]

Yep visited the garage today charged the battery for about 1.5 hours (which is NOTHING) and it revived everything, works well, went for a 60km ride to pump some more juice to the battery

everything works well now.
question is: should I try to plug the alarm again? :]

Depending on what condition the battery is in, how often you run the bike above 2000 RPM, and the efficiency of the alarm, you may need a battery tender. Of course you need a place to plug it in....

Back