attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was so tired by the time I got home I fell asleep on the couch before I unloaded the bike:spank: Today was a much better track day, although I blew the same turn twice I was able to recover and carry on. Nothing like cruising off the track at 50ish into the grass:rockon: Funny thing was, it didn't really faze me. I guess the years of motocross paid off again:thumbup:
Thanks to Eric for taking the action pics, here are a few of mine.

View attachment 53750

View attachment 53751

View attachment 53752

View attachment 53753

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics mate, looks like an awesome day out :thumbup:....

And thanks for the dual prop chopper shot :drool: ;) which is now the new technical name for a CH-47 Chinook Blah Blah

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was so tired by the time I got home I fell asleep on the couch before I unloaded the bike:spank: Today was a much better track day, although I blew the same turn twice I was able to recover and carry on. Nothing like cruising off the track at 50ish into the grass:rockon: Funny thing was, it didn't really faze me. I guess the years of motocross paid off again:thumbup:
Thanks to Eric for taking the action pics, here are a few of mine.

View attachment 53750

View attachment 53751

View attachment 53752

View attachment 53753

Did they ever get this close on the track? :D:D Looks like a Great Day! Enjoy!
53751d1402447234-few-pics-today-track-day-20140610_120747-jpg

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics mate, looks like an awesome day out :thumbup:....

And thanks for the dual prop chopper shot :drool: ;) which is now the new technical name for a CH-47 Chinook Blah Blah

Not props,Rotors.
Airplanes have props.
Helicopters,Gyrocopters and Autogyros(Gyroplanes,see Pitcairn PA-18,in Wiki) have rotors.
'Nuff said.
Rich
:cool:

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not props,Rotors.
Airplanes have props.
Helicopters,Gyrocopters and Autogyros(Gyroplanes,see Pitcairn PA-18,in Wiki) have rotors.
'Nuff said.
Rich
:cool:

That was my fault.. I know nothing about this stuff.. other than it looks really cool :thumbup:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice pix guys! looks like u both had a fun time shredding rubber! my summer is very limited this year but im going to try to make it to at least 2 track days by the end of august.

u both are taller than me. any knee draggin?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No knee dragging for me. Still working on body position, but felt really good that day. I discovered that the fz is really short on seat length and I felt like I couldn't tuck into position and really get a knee out far. I see the advantage of clip ons tho.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That was my fault.. I know nothing about this stuff.. other than it looks really cool :thumbup:

And the sound from those dual prop (excuse me dual rotor) helicopters is unique. :thumbup:

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics :thumbup:

I might be wrong as my knowledge about tires is only hunch-based :) but your tire wear looks little odd to me. I've never seen anything like it. May I ask what tire is it and what pressure you've been riding ?

motel6

Reaction score
Visit site

I might be wrong as my knowledge about tires is only hunch-based :) but your tire wear looks little odd to me. I've never seen anything like it. May I ask what tire is it and what pressure you've been riding ?

The tire in the first set of pictures is a Dunlop Q3 (SportMax?)

Source; I have the same tires (they are awesome).

And someone correct me if I'm wrong but the rubber "flaps" are due to overinflation/underinflation (cold tears and hot tears respectively).

It's hard to tell which just by looking.

Basically the cold tears start forming because a) overinflation has a smaller contact patch and thus less heat dispersion to bring the tire up to temp. Surface of the tire will heat pretty quickly but the carcass will remain cold - resulting in tears of the surface.

The underinflated hot tears are a similar concept, but this time the contact patch is larger and also causes a tire overheat. Surface gets hot and melts off. Because of the whole tire overheating and not a smaller patch like with a cold tear, hot tears are shallower than cold tears. The tears are more arc-shaped too I believe.

Since the Dunlop Q3's are like a sporty-street tire (not a pure race tire) they are more finicky when it comes to inflation and tearing.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I have PR2's and ran 29psi which heated to 33psi by the end of each session. No problem with grip at all.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, [MENTION=21353]DeepBlueRider[/MENTION], [MENTION=23449]motel6[/MENTION].. my tire is definitely not wearing right, but I'm not sure how to *solve* it.
I ran 29psi and checked the pressure after 2nd session. It came up to 33, which is about right (I've been told to look for 4-5psi on top of cold).
There's also suspension-related wear happening.. noticed the deformed tread.. this could be from 1st track day on this bike, where my chain my have been just slightly too tight.