FZ6 headlight

zlea73

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello I have to register my FZ6 (naked 2005) in UK.
I'm from Italy so I have to change my Headlight to pass the SVA (motorbike approval) to register it.
Does any one know where can I find a used headlight or any headlight special kit I can use (that is Uk legal ) that is not crazy expensive as a new one (£550 totally insane).
Thank all for any answer

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
You're looking for a naked headlight, aren't you?
What's the difference between Uk and non Uk for a naked headlight ?

By the way, i'm looking for a naked headlight for a naked conversion mod.
If i find a cheap one i'll get it.

zlea73

Reaction score
Visit site
thank for your replays
Unfortunately I have a 2005 model that has a different headlight from the newer model ... and worst I have a little crack (a stone) so it will be very difficult to exchange with someone (even if it is really a great idea.). (((
The Uk headlight points the light in a different direction than a european one.
the light points on the side and not direct to the centre.
Does anyone now about a transformation kit (not super expensive)that I could maybe use for the technical approval and the put back my old one on ???
ciao

zlea73

Reaction score
Visit site
hello cloggy I saw the kit
BUt is it ok for UK approval ???
In Usa they drive on the right like in Europe not on the left as UK ?

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hi Zlea.. Thankyou for the interest in my kit... I have shipped to UK, SPAIN, CYPRUS, CZECH REPUBLIC, CROATIA, and LITHUANIA and the buyers had no problem. The headlight has one H4 bulb with High and Low beam. If you feel there might be an issue you can just replace the H4 bulb.

I have PM'ed you the pics of headlight at night with High and Low Beam.

Here is the link to my discussion with SBN Member MADMARSHAL who bought it for UK and is absolutely loving it. (GO TO PAGE 3)

FS:- FZ6N Naked FZ6 Headlight assembly---NEW--$275 - Sportbikes.net

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
......Does anyone now about a transformation kit (not super expensive)that I could maybe use for the technical approval and the put back my old one on ???
ciao

I'm not sure what is required for the technical approval, When I drove in UK I previously used either blanking tape or refractors which was sufficient to drive legally in the UK , I'm not sure what the technical test requires and if this would be enough?

As I understand it the headlight is originally for the indian market where they drive on the left, so I think this should be OK :thumbup:

Good luck with your search.

zlea73

Reaction score
Visit site
How do i purchase this kit??
I see that there is a gray and a black model, i'm looking for the black one
thank you man

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you not buy the sticky thing that you put on the lense of your car when you drive on the Continent- and presumably there must be a similar one for left hand drive cars coming here to the UK

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
You'll need to be careful - it's possible that any headlight you buy might need an e-mark to pass the MOT, as well as making sure the headlight beam is aligned properly. The sticker or beam-bender used for holidays won't pass the MOT, and I'm not sure about overseas headlights having the e-mark.

You're best bet it so look out for a second hand light - perhaps visit a repair shop or motorbike scrap dealer, as well as ebay etc. I had to go through all of this but in the opposite direction when I moved to France! I have a UK light, but it's for a faired Fazer, not a naked :(

Fz6-stu

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: FZ6 headlight - have a Uk spec one!

Hello!
This is good news for us both...

I am moving to France in two weeks and need a new headlamp of European spec. So I will have to remove my existing one and replace it with the correct spec.

Maybe we could do a swap? My headlamp is as-new... If your Euro spec one is also in as-new condition we could do a deal... Maybe you could send me a photo?

Cheers,
Stu

Fz6-stu

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: FZ6 headlight - have a Uk spec one!

Sorry - I didn't read the whole thread and missed the part where you mentioned your headlamp was damaged. However, if I manage to find a good Euro headlamp I would be willing to do you a good price on my UK one... I too can't believe how expensive they are!!!

Cheers,
Stu

Hello!
This is good news for us both...

I am moving to France in two weeks and need a new headlamp of European spec. So I will have to remove my existing one and replace it with the correct spec.

Maybe we could do a swap? My headlamp is as-new... If your Euro spec one is also in as-new condition we could do a deal... Maybe you could send me a photo?

Cheers,
Stu