GoPro fun this afternoon

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you send a link to where that mount came from to the crash slider, thats really interesting.

If I'm not mistaken, that's a regular GoPro mount which can be stuck to any flat surface.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i'd still re-inforce it with some duct tape

also as mentioned i'd be worried about scraping the camera on the ground if it was sticking out too much!

i normally use a yard stick under the tyres to gauge lean angles and check stuff won't hit the deck :D

charlie12

Reaction score
Visit site
i'd still re-inforce it with some duct tape

also as mentioned i'd be worried about scraping the camera on the ground if it was sticking out too much!

i normally use a yard stick under the tyres to gauge lean angles and check stuff won't hit the deck :D

That's a good way to do it -- I just taped a toothpick to the bottom of the camera and rode around the block a couple times to see if I could knock it off :D

That said, my GoPro has been through hell and works fine. I assume that if it ever does fly off or get scraped on the ground, I'll just need a new case.

I guess I'll just have to wait till I get mine saturday :D

Everything I used to attach the camera comes with the kit (though buying extra mounts isn't a bad idea). You'll have a blast with it!

Can't get the uncropped images to open.

There was a problem with the middle one which I have fixed, let me know if you have any more trouble!

charlie12

Reaction score
Visit site
Just threw together a quick timelapse of all 1400 images. Came out to be 58 seconds at 24 frames per second:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky-LT8xts9s]YouTube - ‪BikeLapse‬‏[/ame]

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can I see the other side of your frame slider? I am curious if it is hollow or not, I got my camera, but I want to see how much of your adhesive mount is actually attached to the surface of the crash slider.

thanks!

charlie12

Reaction score
Visit site
Can I see the other side of your frame slider? I am curious if it is hollow or not, I got my camera, but I want to see how much of your adhesive mount is actually attached to the surface of the crash slider.

thanks!

Sure thing! Took these shots just now with my iPhone... not great image quality but hopefully you get the point:

5913186133_77e38d6695_z.jpg

5913185975_d35881ea3b_z.jpg

The GoPro mounts come with double sided 3M adhesive on them, about a millimeter hangs off on both ends.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats looks sweet, what crash sliders are those, mine are hollow in the middle. I appreciate the time you are putting into this too.