Grip Buddies

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After 5 years of using the Grip Puppies, they finally decided to tear apart after all that usage. Instead of getting new Grip Puppies, I decided to try the Grip Buddies, or in some circles, the Beemer Buddies, Super Shark Skins which are constructed of neoprene.

They arrived in the mail today and based on the installation video, these should be a snap to install, and in short time, they were on the bike. Sorry guys, still a little too early to get the bike on the road so no comments on how they feel on the long rides, but first impressions is they feel great. Can’t wait to give them the real test.

Here is are some pics..

What I got in the mail…
dp_140409_03.jpg

Before…
dp_140409_01.jpg

After …
dp_140409_02.jpg

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you get a chance I'd like to know the total OD once installed. My favorite thing about my Grip Puppies isn't the vibration absorption, but rather the larger diameter, which makes them much less fatiguing on long rides (I have freakishly big hands).
I'm on my second set of Grip Puppies, the neoprene would no doubt last much longer (longer than my FZ ownership, and maybe longer than me). ;)

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow that looks nice and sounds tempting to try out since like Botch said, the added diameter would likely make my throttle hand less fatigued

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
How do these compare to, say, Oxford grips (plain -- not heated)? Or the grip puppies? Do these slip over the existing handlebars like the grip puppies or replace the original grip?

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you get a chance I'd like to know the total OD once installed.

Picture is worth a 1000 words...

dp_140409_04.jpg

Looks comfy:thumbup:
I cant believe you have the stock grips still....and in great conditionBlah

My Grip Puppies kept the grips under covers for the last 5 years :D

How do these compare to, say, Oxford grips (plain -- not heated)? Or the grip puppies? Do these slip over the existing handlebars like the grip puppies or replace the original grip?

I have only had the Grip Puppies before this and these feel the same for diameter on my hands. I have not had the chance to road test these yet, but they have a good comfy feeling about them and since they are made of neoprene, they will not absorb water. :rockon:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those look nice, I look forward to hearing how they compare to the grip puppies in comfort.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed a set of these on my FJR as grip puppies don't transmit the heat from the heated grips very well. I think the website is originalbeemerbjddies.com but a google search should find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
just ordered a set, I like a thicker grip and my tightarse grip puppies dont last very long.
watched the two install vids and it looks a doddle

Im on a two week driving holiday and they might arrive whlie Im away- nice surprise on my return
I'll let you know what i think

JeffSez59

Reaction score
Visit site
I have grab- on grips that are foam and feel awesome. Plus the added diameter is a plus. Only 11$ and way worth it! [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk