Headlights and front indicators failed

AdamFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Today on the way home.... IN THE DARK !!!, my headlights, sidelights and front indicators just stopped working.

The full beam dash light (blue one) came on and stayed on until the headlights and front indicators just started working again :confused:

Rear tail light, brake light and rear indicators worked fine :confused:

So confused, can anyone help please ?:confused:

Last edited:

AdamFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Just been out in the garage, stripped the faring off, checked relays and fuses.... all ok.

So i start to wiggle the 2 multi plugs up front on the left hand side... bingo ! I managed to recreate the fault !. Upon closer inspection i found all the pins were corroded !. Gave them a file/clean with a needle file and seems ok now :thumbup:

While i was there i thought it best to check all the lights and to my surprise the brake lights were not working :eek: Again, it was corroded pins on the multi plug :( Gave them a file/clean with a needle file and seems ok now :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Today on the way home.... IN THE DARK !!!, my headlights, sidelights and front indicators just stopped working.

The full beam dash light (blue one) came on and stayed on until the headlights and front indicators just started working again :confused:

Rear tail light, brake light and rear indicators worked fine :confused:

So confused, can anyone help please ?:confused:

Are you riding a naked bike? Sounds like you may have an intermittent loss of a ground path.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If that were mine, I'd be INSPECTING EVERY CONNECTOR on that bike unless you like walking! :shakehead::shakehead:

ECM, TPS, Gauge, all the connections under the pods, seat and fuel tank.

Did you use some kind of cleaner on it in the past? Degreasing agents can continue to attack plated surfaces if not properly rinsed.

Don't forget the coil wires which power the coils. High voltage, high current, and Switched High voltage attract particles. They are often the first to cause issues.
Good luck!