Holy crap! Krid80?!

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Hey peeps. It's been a WHILE and I thought I'd give a personal update. Those of you who know me, know I sold my FZ6 back in 2012 when I took a job with Sprint, got divorced, and had no garage. Well, in 2013, I took a job with a Harley-Davidson dealership and shortly after, bought a 2009 XR1200. It has been an enjoyable motorcycle and definitely attracts attention. Just this last August, I left my post at HD and took a job with a Toyota dealership. So, now I am a business manager at Seeger Toyota and have far too many toys.... especially since I added another motorcycle to the stable in October. No, it isn't another FZ, but rather a 2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200 ST. I just saw that VEGASRIDER is riding an ST as well (COOL!!!!). Any of my old peeps still around these parts?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Louwdy Louwdy!!! Look what da cat dragged in! How are you Derik! I'm back to work. Thohght I was done and retire but noooo.! Hope all is well with you and yes some of us die hards are still kickin it here!

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Louwdy Louwdy!!! Look what da cat dragged in! How are you Derik! I'm back to work. Thohght I was done and retire but noooo.! Hope all is well with you and yes some of us die hards are still kickin it here!

Hahaha Cliff you old goon! You even almost remembered my name (Dirk). What are you riding these days? Still got the Suzuki SV1k or did you ball it up too? LOL

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hahaha Cliff you old goon! You even almost remembered my name (Dirk). What are you riding these days? Still got the Suzuki SV1k or did you ball it up too? LOL
Sorry about the name Dirk
No haven't done any thing to bad to it. Trimmed the slash cut racing pegs down a little (on the roadway) and pole volted on the brake peddle once and bent it 90 degrees but it still in great shape. Getting ready to replace the clutch basket. They are known for being noisy and mine is a little but it all works perfectly and smooth. Had to put in a new Rick's Electric stator about 6 month ago. I replaced the sprockets and chain. Did the valve lash. Still a great fun bike and still in great looking shape! I think I'm going to keep it a while longer. Not much to compete with it as it's paid for and rocks very well. That short stroke twin 996 is very under rated and when you push it through the tight ones the power band is just what the doctor ordered. :)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, another member from the past, glad to see you bounce back and hope you hang around the forum. Most of us are still around, even though most have downgraded from the FZ. I still have mine and have about 105k miles on the clock. But yes, I just picked up my dream bike last month, a new leftover 2014 Ducati Red MTS, ST. It's a tall bike for my short frame, my FZ feels like a mini-bike everytime I switch from riding the MTS to the FZ. I'm also under the same name in the Ducati.MS Forum.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Wow, another member from the past, glad to see you bounce back and hope you hang around the forum. Most of us are still around, even though most have downgraded from the FZ. I still have mine and have about 105k miles on the clock. But yes, I just picked up my dream bike last month, a new leftover 2014 Ducati Red MTS, ST. It's a tall bike for my short frame, my FZ feels like a mini-bike everytime I switch from riding the MTS to the FZ. I'm also under the same name in the Ducati.MS Forum.

KENNY!!!! I just bought my same dream bike too! Mine is white, as is my Harley and Toyota Tundra. #allwhiteeverything

As you recall, height isn't an issue for me, in fact, I wouldn't mind a taller seat. My XR1200 is lifted and the seat height is pretty high, in the 35" range.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Still kicking, eh Derrik ;)
kird80003.jpg

Traded my FZ1 in on this kick ass KTM 990 Supermoto T a few years back. A light V twin that really rocks! Here is a picture from a track day last month.
IMG_3813_zpsh2u44xsz.jpg

Cliff is now riding a GoldWing with a car tire on the back. What an animal...
IMG_3676_zpsjrs5rpye.jpg

You need to ride the Duc out here next summer, this time I can show you roads that were made for it. Kenny is just over the hill in Reno so I'm sure he would join us on a twisty romp.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Still kicking, eh Derrik ;)
View attachment 65796

Traded my FZ1 in on this kick ass KTM 990 Supermoto T a few years back. A light V twin that really rocks! Here is a picture from a track day last month.
View attachment 65797

Cliff is now riding a GoldWing with a car tire on the back. What an animal...
View attachment 65798

You need to ride the Duc out here next summer, this time I can show you roads that were made for it. Kenny is just over the hill in Reno so I'm sure he would join us on a twisty romp.

That's a great idea. I'll take up residence above your garage again. LOL

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the bike Dirk, she's sweet :rockon:
Now don't be a stranger, or do we have to wait for your next bike for your next post Blah