I'm still alive

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Well I haven't logged in since February according to my profile, but I just thought I should give you guys an update since I've been gone for over a year really.

As most of you know I sold my FZ6 last spring when I took a job that would keep me too busy to ride. Well that has gone through another owner and I just found out yesterday that the new owner's girlfriend took out a stop sign with my old bike but it is repairable. Brothers, don't lend your bikes!

I'm settled into a different job than the one I took last spring now. I am working in a Harley-Davidson dealership and enjoying it quite a bit. I even bought a Harley! *Gasp* So if I ever made fun of any of you for having one, I apologize.

That said, my Harley is far from the couch with wheels that most are. Here's a couple pics for reference.

View attachment 50172
View attachment 50173

It is a 2009 Harley-Davidson XR1200 and it is a riot! The way it is geared, I'm confident it could run with or past my FZ6 up to about 110mph but it falls off quickly on the top end. Just put it up on our dyno for the first time with a new FMF Titanium full system on Saturday and it makes 91.75hp and 76.15lb/ft of torque. Not too shabby for a hopped up 1200 sportster lump.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd pop in and say "hey" to everyone. Hope you are all well.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, congrats on the new job (that gives you time to ride) and the new bike (to ride!) I think it'd be fun to work in a dealership.

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new job. Do you have to dress like a pirate in order to work there?.....kidding.
Those XR1200's HAUL! Saw them racing at the superbike weekend at Mosport (Ontario)......they are fast....and they sound ooooohhhh sooo sweet.
Favourite HD by far.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
A Harley? Don't be a Fag!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4]Don't Be a Fag - YouTube[/ame]

Good to see your still alive. Bring that bad boy 1200 out west, I'll grab jump on my KTM for some V Twin fun!

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Good to see your still alive. Bring that bad boy 1200 out west, I'll grab jump on my KTM for some V Twin fun!

DOOOOOD! What's up?! You have an SMT?! That is very VERY close to the top of my list of bikes I want in my stable. If the XR took a trip out west it would need some SERIOUS changes before I could spend that kind of miles on it. The FZ6 needed a few mods to make it long distance touring friendly, but the XR1200 would need all that and more. It is set up for short fast hooligan jaunts and ripping down twisties. Drag bars aren't good for 1,000 mile days.

Talk about someone from the past. Glad you're still alive!

KENNY! You're an Idahoan now?! If I remember right, that's where your family is? Still riding the 06? How many miles are on it now, mileage king?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to know you're still out there! XR is the only acceptable Harley, so well done there! :thumbup: (jk)

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You work at Surdyke and you didnt buy a VRod??? For shame! JK! Congrats!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's some irony for you. This is my license plate:

50174d1379366747t-im-still-alive-img_20130913_120852.jpg

See you've got yourself one of those pirate bikes ;)

:welcome: back, nice looking bike :thumbup:

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
DOOOOOD! What's up?! You have an SMT?! That is very VERY close to the top of my list of bikes I want in my stable. If the XR took a trip out west it would need some SERIOUS changes before I could spend that kind of miles on it. The FZ6 needed a few mods to make it long distance touring friendly, but the XR1200 would need all that and more. It is set up for short fast hooligan jaunts and ripping down twisties. Drag bars aren't good for 1,000 mile days.

IMG_2657_zpsf22f7626.jpg

Hey Dirk, picked this up a year and a half ago when I traded in my FZ1. It was a new 2010 left over. I usually don't ride it with the bags but I was on my way to the coast this day. I hear you about long distance on a v twin but this sucker is a blast in Northern Ca.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
DirrrrrK! Lol! Love the XR! Saw one while gassing up a few weeks ago.

Glad to hear yer live n kickin! :)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
KENNY! You're an Idahoan now?! If I remember right, that's where your family is? Still riding the 06? How many miles are on it now, mileage king?

Yeah, I'm officially a spud rider. Moved up here about a year an a half ago. Took a job offer. Hate Idaho, too small and no action. No family, but closer. it ain't Vegas. But great motorcycle roads, I've been doing some exploring and just finding some amazing roads. Still have the FZ and still ride it everyday, including during the winter. Currently has 93k miles.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
DirrrrrK! Lol! Love the XR! Saw one while gassing up a few weeks ago.

Glad to hear yer live n kickin! :)

You still living like you're 18, Cliffy? LOL Really great to hear from you.

Yeah, I'm officially a spud rider. Moved up here about a year an a half ago. Took a job offer. Hate Idaho, too small and no action. No family, but closer. it ain't Vegas. But great motorcycle roads, I've been doing some exploring and just finding some amazing roads. Still have the FZ and still ride it everyday, including during the winter. Currently has 93k miles.

What kind of work are you doing in Spudnation? I can imagine you are a lot closer to the good roads as opposed to having to cross the Mojave to get to them.