Homemade exhaust on ebay

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw this in another thread.

A for effort on making something. But I would like to know how they designed the guts of the thing. That and I am not so big on cutting the plastic like they did. Not that asteticly pleasing.

-bryan

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw it also. However, for 300.00, you can buy a used exhaust from someone. Someone just sold a set of new scorpions for that price shipped.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw this in another thread.

A for effort on making something. But I would like to know how they designed the guts of the thing. That and I am not so big on cutting the plastic like they did. Not that asteticly pleasing.

-bryan

I don't think they designed the guts of it at all - looks like an off-the-shelf auto muffler (1-in/1-out) with a custom bent inlet/mid pipe and two extra tips welded on. IMO it certainly isn't a low enough price given look/design. You'd be better off buying a used FZ6 specific aftermarket or doing the work to make a used OEM underseat from something else.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow...the plastic muffler cover is really boogered up, nasty like.

I wonder what a steel muffler with three steel tips on it weighs? The stock muffler is about 12.1 pounds. I'd guess this puppy is 15lbs or so.

Also the exhaust pipe itself is formed with a cold bend, not a hot bend, certainly not a hydro formed bend. A cold bend can cause a 20% reduction in pipe diameter. Not good when trying to create a performance exhaust.

Honestly it is a good, creative prototype and I respect the individual to giving it a shot, however for $450 it needs to be a complete solution.

Last edited:

SoBeGod00

Reaction score
Visit site
That definitely screwy looking to say the least. I hope I never see that hideous thing on a motorcycle. I do give him an "A" for trying to be different though.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are Crazy!

I'd spend the $450 for a Scorpion system first.

They murdered the plastic cowl. What a rig...

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can buy that muffler for probably $35 at an auto parts store, along with the tips. Know someone with a welder and a little bit of scrap and you've got that exact thing.

I think it looks terrible. One real tip and two false tips?

Oh well I guess.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome job they did on the pipes , shame they couldnt figure out a way to tidy up the plastic or modify it a bit better :thumbup: :justkidding: :ban:....

Last edited:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Buy it NOW price is $425.00 !!! WHAT THE HELL !!!:sinister::banghead::tard::shakehead::Flip:

Tell me about it...someone must be drunk!!!

That guy has wasted his time and money on making something so disgusting. He doesnt' even get an F from me...

450 dollars, he must be crazy!

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just realised there two similar threads running about this type of modification..i got a bit confuzzled..but i guess its suitable for both

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would'nt put that on my bike if it was given to me.If it was given to me I wouldnt even give it away. I'de dig a hole and bury it so no one else would even be tempted!!!! :ban: LOL

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
what a rip off...that looks terrible...they can weld up/make an exhaust, but cant properly cut the plastic to fit around the pipes? no thanks...he'll never sell that with that horrid presentation.