How old were you when you first rode pillion?

How old were you when you first road pillion

• 4-5

Votes: 40 15.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • 6-7

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • 7-8

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • 8-9

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • 9-10

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • 10-11

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • 11-12

Votes: 28 10.6%
  • Adult

Votes: 45 17.1%
  • Never

Votes: 56 21.3%

• Total voters

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if it really counts but my dad used to put me in front of him and wrap a belt around us. I believe I was 2.5-3 years old. I used to lay on the tank.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was about 7 or 8 and David Trent, an older guy in the 'hood ordered a BSA 250 from Montgomery Ward Catalog. It came in a crate and he and his dad put it together. He used to call it Bullsh!ters of America...my first real exposure to cuss words. I had no idea what he meant, but it just sounded funny!

He used to take me on rides which I thought were worlds away, but they were only a few miles. :BLAA: I used to give him a couple of dimes for gas.

I know that's when I decided I had to get me one too.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
When I was 4 or 5, my dad bought a mini bike engine from our old neighbors. We found a frame and such after... that thing only ran for like 2 years, but I remember all the rides we used to go on.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I was about 7 or 8 and David Trent, an older guy in the 'hood ordered a BSA 250 from Montgomery Ward Catalog. It came in a crate and he and his dad put it together. He used to call it Bullsh!ters of America...my first real exposure to cuss words. I had no idea what he meant, but it just sounded funny!

He used to take me on rides which I thought were worlds away, but they were only a few miles. :BLAA: I used to give him a couple of dimes for gas.

I know that's when I decided I had to get me one too.

The beginning sounds like the start of a victims description at a kiddy fiddlers prosecution. But ignoring that, it also sounds like MAAD fun.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must have been around 12 or so on a mini bike my folks bought for my brothers
I wasn't supposed to ride it cause according to my Daddy, "girls don't ride motorcycles" LOL, if he could see me now.....
And I dug up this picture of my son Steve on John's Honda Sabre (he was 3). Too cute not to share :)
Yeah the bike is really cute......................
My bad, your son is cute

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In another life, we would be brothers. Sounds like something my dad would say.

1989 - 11 years old, on an '87 TW200. I recall it took a solid year of convincing to give me the keys.
It's something only a dad would say.

Cheers brother from another mother

Nelly

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
I was 5 when I got started with my older cousins sitting on there lap and holding the handlebars (throttle) Then I had my own mopped the following summer at 6.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was toddler so was my brother and sister.... my Dad brought us up with motorcycles...... :rockon: :rockon: and I rode my 18 month old son around on an old Honda 185 dirtbike a Freind owned every weekend and allways rode him around on my Yamaha Blaster 200cc 4 wheeler..He loved it!!! hes 11 now and perfectly normal !! LOL

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was toddler so was my brother and sister.... my Dad brought us up with motorcycles...... :rockon: :rockon: and I rode my 18 month old son around on an old Honda 185 dirtbike a Freind owned every weekend and allways rode him around on my Yamaha Blaster 200cc 4 wheeler..He loved it!!! hes 11 now and perfectly normal !! LOL
Likewise, my Dad was "Grease Monkey" and built and road drag bikes. One of my best childhood memories was going to Santa Pod raceway when my dad was racing. My brother and I were left in the tender care of some Angels mt dad knew. We got front row seats and ice creams.
Nelly

Themadclowns

Reaction score
Visit site
I was very young when my dad started putting me on the front of his Yamaha yz250 and we blasted around the napa valley hills in cali. I remember being on the bike when i was 5-7 and it was a blast:BLAA:! My dad was and still is a very talented dirt bike rider and I continue the tradition today with my 2 year old son who could climb onto my FZ6 by the time he was 18 months. I throw him on the front of my 1979 yamaha DT100 and putt him around (way more conservatively than my dad ever did me mind you...) on their 5 acres of property here in Washington. However I don't plan on riding around on the streets with either of my kids until they are at least 9 or 10.

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
Hmmm... I would've had to have been maybe.. 10?

I don't remember it a lot, but I also had a little PW80 when I was a bit littler, so I was on the bike either way :thumbup:

I think even if dad didn't take me on the road, I still would've ended up there :D

VUU

VW gearhead
Reaction score
Visit site
I was about 9 when my dad let me ride on the back of his Gl1500 actually used it as a reward for doing chores since I would basically kill to get a ride on that thing, already had outgrown my PW50 and PW80 and was just about to big for my KX60 at the time, but we used to ride as a family my brother and I on our KX60s and my parents on their dual sports about a mile on the roads to the bmx track on weekday nights for some fun. Could never get away with that here though, last decent snowfall we had (~6-8 inches overnight) my friends 10 year old got a moving violation for riding his quad in the dead end, ******* neighbor called the cops, and my friend got a warning about allowing his kid to "endanger himself" btw this is a half mile stretch of road with no traffic on a good day, much less in the snow.

fmf

Reaction score
Visit site
younger than 4. I don't remember it, but there are pictures of me on a harley with my dad and I was still in diapers (not just sitting in the garage, underway). I have vague recollections of riding on the back of a couple of his bikes as I got a little older. My first real memorable ride was on the back of a mid 80's import make and model I can't recall. I do remember him telling me that it was one of the fastest production bikes at the time and I remember that he had put a Kerker exhaust on it. He scared me to death racing a vette at 120+ down backroads. I remember hearing the skin on his face rippling in the wind and looking up to see the skin just waving. I was about 11 then IIRC. Looking back, I'm surprised that I ever got near another bike again after that ride.