How old were you when you first rode pillion?

How old were you when you first road pillion

• 4-5

Votes: 40 15.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • 6-7

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • 7-8

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • 8-9

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • 9-10

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • 10-11

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • 11-12

Votes: 28 10.6%
  • Adult

Votes: 45 17.1%
  • Never

Votes: 56 21.3%

• Total voters

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
My first pillon ride was around five years ago. I sold my first bike and my mate gave me a lift home on his Intruder 800. Wasn't that scary at all. Few days ago I rode as a pillon a one mile trip on a R6. No grip for my back as I wore motorcycle jeans, so it was scary and inconvienient as well.

Ultrarandom

Reaction score
Visit site
Would've been around 4.
Riding on the back of my dads Suzuki GSX-1100, always been a japanese sports bike/dirt bike family.
Used to go to an annual event in NZ run by the Ulysses motorcycle club called the toy run. Was always good fun being among the hundreds of bikes which would ride there.

Taz3

Reaction score
Visit site
I was in university, and my neighbour was taking his old cruiser/standard to the grocery store. He'd seen me oggling it and I'd asked him tons of questions, so he threw a helmet at me... no instruction given, and I had no idea where to put my hands hahaha. That was when I was probably about 21 or 22.

Fz6 2007

Reaction score
Visit site
Screenshot_20181214-050206.jpg
It was fun to think back in the day, find old pics and relive the magic of "learning to fly"...
I was about 6 or 7 and given a mini trail 50. My dad rode pillion ( feet dragging and half running) got me going and hopped off and that was the extent of any training. Down the street from the house I grew up in, there was a property owned by the city, it had about a 4 foot grade change from sidewalk elevation. I saw that as a ramp and ramp it I did. Got better and remember trying to jump the sidewalk grass and finally the curb. Yes I was landing in the street with any success. I began to crash alot and bending parts , breaking cables, lights etc.
The final straw was when my mom turned the corner to our street, when all of a sudden here flies me and the mini trail 50 ...my mom thought she was gonna run me over. Somehow I can't recall why but the mini trail 50 was sold and they never bought me another...
I Google Mapped the ramp location, it seemed so much taller in memory but the ramp still lands in the street ... It seems that the city has put up bollards to discourage ramping into the street ...in my opinion the earlier riding is learned on dirt , the safer we are on any surface...Screenshot_20181214-051200.jpg

Last edited: