I think i burnt out my clutch or tranny!!! Help!

and1_1221

Reaction score
Visit site
:spank:
SO I WAS RIDING ON AN OPEN ROAD AND I THINK I BURNT OUT MY CLUTCH OR TRANNY. WELL NOW WHEN I SHIFT INTO 1ST IT DOESN'T GO.... AND IT DOESNT STALL.NO MATTER HOW MUCH GAS IT GETS , IT LIKE THE CLUTCH ISNT GRABBING! I NEED HELP ON WHAT IS WRONG AND HOW CAN I FIX IT AND THE BIG ONE!!!!! HOW MUCH:thumbup:

You have an 08 fz6 don't you?I would call the dealer you bought it from it should'nt cost you a dime.it should still be under warranty.

Does the same thing happen if you start out in second gear?

Like Shreveport said, your bike is a 2008 and likely still under warranty. Take it back to the dealer and let them figure it out.

because its still in gear...hence it not moving.

Dont try to fix it yourself. Get the shop to look after it and dont worry about money, it wont cost you a cent.

Thanks i am gonna talk to the dealer tomorrow! it is frustrating when it is finally a nice enough day to just ride and poof my baby goes out! wont lie it makes me sad:(

Is the clutch cable okay or did it fray and then break? Is there any resistance when you squeeze the clutch , or is it only free play?

"You have an 08 don't you..." WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?! Is this a new prob with our year bikes, or just a fact pertinent to his warranty...?

Is the clutch cable okay or did it fray and then break? Is there any resistance when you squeeze the clutch , or is it only free play?

no the clutch lever and cable itself is still operational, its jsut that it wont slip into gear, if u will. like the free wheeling unit doesnt lock with the gears

Quick question and you may have done this already: Did you check the oil level?

You haven't put a slippy type additive into the engine have you. Slick50 type stuff ?

Or have you changed the oil recently and gone for something a bit different to the recommended?

6 posts and your bike is broke.

You did get the YAMAHA FZ6 and not the HarleyFZ6 didn`t you :Ø) ?

I hope you get it fixed very soon and welcome to the group.

Steve

Back