June 27th ride report

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bryan (Goop) contacted me about riding on Sat. but I had already said to myself that there have been too many reasons not to ride lately and I promised my self I would ride on Friday. I answered Bryan and then said to myself that he and I always ride and kick it together so I contacted him and said yeah I'll save the ride for Saturday! Then we contacted Jerry (Jblk9695) and Jennifer (Verharen) and Moses (Moises). Everyone was in on a short notice!

Weather was surprisingly overcast with very small brief rain cells. Not even enough for wetting the roadways. Jen took the lead and set a great pace. We hit some tight twisties on Winola Road where Goop got to scrub in his brandy new tires. :rockon: (Good call Jen!) Winola Rd. is a great place to explore handling your bike, horsing it around in tighter situations. It's always good practice for me because the SV1000s is more critical with the throttle and engine torque.
We rode Sunrise Hwy to the 8 freeway and on to Alpine, Ca where we had a great lunch at Janet's Montana Cafe. It's the second time we've eaten there and it was a hit both times. After lunch we back tracked and hit Sunrise Hwy where we stopped at a pullout.

This pullout is where we first met Jen when FZ6 group riders had pulled in for the view. Jen saw us as she was passing and stopped to talk to us. We invited her to ride with us but she said she had other stuff to do. She left and as we were gearing back up we saw her pull up again and she asked if it was okay to change her mind. LOL! It's been nothing but fun and an awesome friendship since!

Once again thank you my great friends for a great day riding!

vlcsnap-2015-06-28-16h29m00s27.png

vlcsnap-2015-06-28-16h32m50s23.png

IMG_20150627_133302875.jpg

IMG_20150627_133335196.jpg

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love it when a plan come's together .....
Great to hear you could all ride, at such short notice, I love seeing the Cali group posts, makes me feel like I'm really missing out on a great group and amazing roads.

Jealous, well a bit but I guess going to Assen with my kids kinda compensated :thumbup:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was great to ride with my best riding pals. So much food! And no one would help Jerry.

(Guys, sorry...the few pics I took were blurry...think I smudged the lens cover)

Let's do it again sometime soon.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you suddenly speed the video up at 0:30? ;) ;) ;)
Lol! I'll post the rest of that part of the video in another place and send you the link. I wasn't in 6th yet when I shut it down. Criminatin! You were right...Jen lays down on the tank and Wild Child appears and lights Black Betty up! Lol!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk