Leo Vince Install

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Leo Vince Install HELP!!!

Please Help!!! I'm stuck on this step because I don't know how to take out the wires for the 2 clear tubes (first picture). Only today and tomorrow will be nice enough to do this install.

**update** I ended up leaving those wires connected, installed in 4.5 hours. Without db killer is TOOOOO loud!!!!! Some problems to mention:

1. left can touching license support
2. the bracket for the license plate holder did not fit well (too tight)
3. rear brake light seemed to have too much gap
4. water seems to be coming out under bike and from the exhaust, don't remember that happening with stock exhaust

Will upload pictures later so you know what i'm talking about.

I'm having issues 1, 2 and 3. Didn't notice any water. Otherwise, sounds GREAT.

Thanks JMan for the writeup. It helped! :rockon:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

4. water seems to be coming out under bike and from the exhaust, don't remember that happening with stock exhaust

Same here @ #1. I know there's nothing I can do about it since I also have Givi rack and it was very tough to make it all fit. It's touching the metal clamp part of the can, so I'm not worried.

Same here @ #2. I just ground away a bit of material from the fender using Dremel. Invisible, since it's on the inside.

No issues with 3 and 4.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm having issues 1, 2 and 3. Didn't notice any water. Otherwise, sounds GREAT.

Same here @ #2. I just ground away a bit of material from the fender using Dremel. Invisible, since it's on the inside.

Is this a quality control issue or is just us three that have this problem of the bracket for license plate holder? Did the rest of you who installed have this problem or did it fit perfectly?

I'm going to try the dremel method, thanks Erci.

I'll will post pictures tomorrow, can people that have already installed take a close up picture of the rear from behind for me?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
can people that have already installed take a close up picture of the rear from behind for me?

Dark in garage right now. Let me know if you need another one and I'll take one tomorrow in day light.

attachment.php

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Kinda dark, if you don't mind taking a day time version, and a closer up of where the two meet. I see now where I went wrong (#3 problem), I slid the plastic thing between the bracket and the license plate holder & not in between the steel bracket. Again, will take pic tomorrow.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not worried about this part touching. Don't think I can line it up any better with my exhaust/top rack combo.

attachment.php

Red arrows point to where I had to Dremel the plastic to make it fit. Keep in mind that because I had to use narrower spacers to mount the cans, my cans sit a bit closer together than typical setup.

attachment.php

More Dremeling here of the plastic to make the metal bracket fit inside.

attachment.php

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder why only 3 of us who installed Leo Vince has problems?? Anyway, here's more pictures. I did some adjustment today and fixed some of the problems.

you can see in the first picture here that I had to jammed in (see the bent plastic?) the license plate holder to the bracket. I wondered if they welded it upside down? Jman's original bracket is also different than mine. Also note the little space below the bracket. I believe this is where you're suppose to insert the long plastic thingy. But if you do that you'll have the gap in the brake lights. Erci, I noticed you inserted this plastic part in between the brackets.

I ended up cheating and didn't insert this part all the way. I also couldn't squeeze the middle part between the cans, but it's sort of wedged in between and look ok I guess. I'll do some more adjusting later.

Last edited:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder why only 3 of us who installed Leo Vince has problems?? Anyway, here's more pictures. I did some adjustment today and fixed some of the problems.

you can see in the first picture here that I had to jammed in (see the bent plastic?) the license plate holder to the bracket. I wondered if they welded it upside down? Jman's original bracket is also different than mine. Also note the little space below the bracket. I believe this is where you're suppose to insert the long plastic thingy. But if you do that you'll have the gap in the brake lights. Erci, I noticed you inserted this plastic part in between the brackets.

I ended up cheating and didn't insert this part all the way. I also couldn't squeeze the middle part between the cans, but it's sort of wedged in between and look ok I guess. I'll do some more adjusting later.

I think us Chicago guys got the wrong fit or year. I had exactly the same problems. I used a razor blade and file to make the plastic parts sorta fit. I was afraid if I got the Dremel out that I'd get too impatient and grind the heck out of everything. Took awhile but it looks okay. Love the sound!

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site

Same here @ #1. I know there's nothing I can do about it since I also have Givi rack and it was very tough to make it all fit. It's touching the metal clamp part of the can, so I'm not worried.

No issues with 3 and 4.

Same thing here, but I'm not touching it any more!!!!!!

You guys have been posting here really nice pictures :thumbup:

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site

Please Help!!! I'm stuck on this step because I don't know how to take out the wires for the 2 clear tubes (first picture). Only today and tomorrow will be nice enough to do this install.

**update** I ended up leaving those wires connected, installed in 4.5 hours. Without db killer is TOOOOO loud!!!!! Some problems to mention:

Will upload pictures later so you know what i'm talking about.

1. Don't worry it's metal on metal.
2. Yes too tight, but gently wedging it in (so some plastic scrapes off) works.
3. It's ok, it's supposed to move up and down in the rubbers to compensatie vibrations.
4. Yes, some water will come out (moisture). It will disappear after riding a couple of times.

Reading the other posts: They will not align perfectly. Do not slide the short pipe all the way onto the long pipe 'connector'. It will allign to tight so the fender won't fit. Move the short pipe back about 2 to 3 cm's and then screw it all tight. The alignment will be perfect .. but when you ride once the vibrations will move the shorter pipe all the way onto the long pipe conenctor. This will mess with your alighment just a little bit but it's not bad. Don't try to fix it because it will cause alot of frustration.

Hope it helps.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, sorry so many folks have had trouble with installing these. I still really love the look and sound on mine.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
not sure if this has been asked, but with the baffles would these be quiet enough to use on track? (105dB limit)

also can you leave the cat in, or is it more trouble than it's worth?

i think i need to get a set for my bike :D

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
not sure if this has been asked, but with the baffles would these be quiet enough to use on track? (105dB limit)

also can you leave the cat in, or is it more trouble than it's worth?

i think i need to get a set for my bike :D

Most definitely under 105dB with baffles in. I think it's rated at 99dB and that might be *without* baffles (not sure).

Leaving cat in will take some custom work. Stock pipes use slits and compression fittings for joints, while Leo uses tight fitting approach with hooks and springs to hold it all together.

cowboytk

Reaction score
Visit site
hello all, i have had my leos for a while now on my 06 fz6 and when i put the system on, i disconnected the battery for good measure. well when i first started it i was amazed and the sound has only gotten better but it is running really rich, and something i noticed is that it lopes...like it has one hell of a cam in it..and it goes away if i cover or partially cover one of the outlets...is this due to the lack of db killers or that she is running rich..i really dont mind it but i just want to make sure shes not at risk of being damaged. i really have no interest in putting in the db killers but am curious if using the pcIII will cure the lope..and the backfire (which i happen to enjoy...esp at night) the only complaint i have is a marginal loss in mpg (avg 42 mpg instead of 45)

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hello all, i have had my leos for a while now on my 06 fz6 and when i put the system on, i disconnected the battery for good measure. well when i first started it i was amazed and the sound has only gotten better but it is running really rich, and something i noticed is that it lopes...like it has one hell of a cam in it..and it goes away if i cover or partially cover one of the outlets...is this due to the lack of db killers or that she is running rich..i really dont mind it but i just want to make sure shes not at risk of being damaged. i really have no interest in putting in the db killers but am curious if using the pcIII will cure the lope..and the backfire (which i happen to enjoy...esp at night) the only complaint i have is a marginal loss in mpg (avg 42 mpg instead of 45)

My dyno'ed PCIII will still, on occasion, do what you are describing. Mine has been running like that since this post was created with no noted damage. Hope that answers your question. Your mileage sounds about right, too.

Jedi29

Reaction score
Visit site
Bear with me, tried to do an extensive step-by-step for everyone who is considering this. First thing is to dis-connect battery so the electronic control will reset for the new exhaust flow. I left it undone for the whole install.

I wish I saw this before I did my install last weekend. The actual removal of the old and install of the new went well for me. I went slowly and really had no great issue. It runs fine and sounds sooo sweet now!

Now that I read this, I had just one question. How important is it to reset the electronic control for the exhaust flow? I didn't dis-connect the battery and wonder if that was bad...

Thx for the great post!
:rockon:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I saw this before I did my install last weekend. The actual removal of the old and install of the new went well for me. I went slowly and really had no great issue. It runs fine and sounds sooo sweet now!

Now that I read this, I had just one question. How important is it to reset the electronic control for the exhaust flow? I didn't dis-connect the battery and wonder if that was bad...

Thx for the great post!
:rockon:

I don't think you need to disconnect the battery on the 2004-2006 model as it doesn't have a lambda sensor (correct me if i'm wrong)