Look what I have done to my bike today!

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have seen this on another forum and I thought I'd give it a try on here.

Post up what you have done to your bike today. Doesn't matter how big or small, a mod or a polish as long as you tell us what you have done. :)
A photo is always good to go along with it aswell ;)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode it! :BLAA: tomorow probably will again and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, then the KLR, then i dunno

CowtownBiomed

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Chevy..
Though I rode the black CBR125R yesterday and the Red one today.
Last night I rode the K1200S and my wife rode the Blue FZ6..
I'll have to take the FZ to the car wash tonight!!! :rockon:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Washed and waxed (long overdue!) and installed 2-pin cable with inline fuse + 12v outlet :D

washwax.jpg

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
stink989 - how do those blinkers look in the dark? I ordered a fender elim kit that has the same kind, I didnt realize until I got the package that it was for front and rear blinkers too!

Erci- does putting the exhaust on the side heat up your seat/junk less? This is my first sport bike and I can certainly tell when its warm.....crotch rocket or crotch cooker? I have wondered if a side mount would change that or if all the heat is coming straight from the engine........

I was going to wash mine and put on the fender eliminator............but I am sick :thumbdown: and will have to do that tomorrow. Pictures will be posted.

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
oh and I purchased a set of green shorties today :rockon:

However I just realized they are shipping from Hong Kong.....hopefully i get them before winter :BLAA:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Erci- does putting the exhaust on the side heat up your seat/junk less? This is my first sport bike and I can certainly tell when its warm.....crotch rocket or crotch cooker? I have wondered if a side mount would change that or if all the heat is coming straight from the engine........

Not sure if you noticed, but the bike is a FZ1.. side pipe is standard on it (though mine is aftermarket). To be honest, I think FZ6 with carbon Leo (still under-tail) was less hot than my FZ1. Perhaps it's because the battery is right under the seat on FZ1.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Your battery should never really get "hot" under normal operating conditions - aside from ambient temperature from the engine which I'm sure engineers took into account when selecting a battery.

If your battery IS getting hot to the touch, make a b-line in the opposite direction because that sucker is going to explode. Especially if it begins hissing.

I'm confident that the placement of the battery has no baring on how hot your junk/bum get.

Out of curiosity Erci - whats average running temps you read on your speedo? I wonder if the FZ1 runs hotter because its larger. As far as the fz6, I can't complain about the heat -> I feel more around my knee's and legs than on my seat.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your battery should never really get "hot" under normal operating conditions - aside from ambient temperature from the engine which I'm sure engineers took into account when selecting a battery.

If your battery IS getting hot to the touch, make a b-line in the opposite direction because that sucker is going to explode. Especially if it begins hissing.

I'm confident that the placement of the battery has no baring on how hot your junk/bum get.

Out of curiosity Erci - whats average running temps you read on your speedo? I wonder if the FZ1 runs hotter because its larger. As far as the fz6, I can't complain about the heat -> I feel more around my knee's and legs than on my seat.

Good to know.. imagine battery blowing up under your junk? :eek: .. but yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just engine heat radiating up. Normal running temp on hot days is 210.. fan kicks on around 217 and brings the temp back down.
I've seen it go over 220 a few times, but fan always brings it back down without issues.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Tried to install the new rear turns and led plate light. Now the blinkers don't work at all. Guess I need a new flasher relay. On the brightside I did get the frame sliders installed

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok scratch the whole riding the klr thing cause I just sold it! Kinda spur of the moment but for what I had in it and what I was offered I couldn't refuse! NO MÃS KLR!

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
stink989 - how do those blinkers look in the dark? I ordered a fender elim kit that has the same kind, I didnt realize until I got the package that it was for front and rear blinkers too! .
They are pretty bright, the thing I liked was the little part on the ends the light up.