Luggage suggestions please?

What is the best way to transport gear on the FZ-6?

• Tank-bag

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Tail-bag

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Saddlebags

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Bags on an FZ-6? You're nuts!

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't this defeat the purpose of actually being free on a bike?? Picking up the keys and deciding to go somewhere on the spur of the moment. In theory and for a well planned trip it sounds like a good idea but for my breaks away on the bike I'd rather just get on board and head off....

True. (See the part that says "I'll probably go Saddlebags"? ;))

O

Officerjive

Does anyone have any problems with heat building up under the saddlebags? Does the restricted flow around the exhaust heat up the seat at all? Or any other problems or concerns you are aware of being caused by luggage?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have any problems with heat building up under the saddlebags? Does the restricted flow around the exhaust heat up the seat at all? Or any other problems or concerns you are aware of being caused by luggage?

No problems at all! Go forth and saddlebag!

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to thank everyone for the suggestions and help so far. I picked one today and will hopefully have it by Thursday or so.

Nelson Rigg CL-150

I may spring for the matching saddlebags, but I want to see how much I can fit into this alone first.

I'll let everyone know how it is.

Thanks again,
JW

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have a tank bag, but it seems to fit funny with the curve of the tank, i have only had enough stuff to need the saddle bags one time so far, but those seem like the best way to carry a lot of stuff on the bike.