My FZ1 On The Lobie Rollercoaster

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have I mentioned I love riding my bike?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pZX4vJ3hcY]YouTube - FZ1 Twisty Rollercoaster Ride[/ame]

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW. that road is awesome. Nice driving.

Cheers mate. When you pull onto it you expect to see a cardboard cutout of an animal with his hand out saying, "If you are under this height you can't go on the ride"...lol.:BLAA: It's a road almost designed for Nekkid bikes:rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
At least you speedo and tach are in the proper place today! They were reversed on the last video!
Nice riding Mate!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lobethal road, my favourite piece of road in the universe, like Mikey, I reckon I have ridden it about a zillion times over the last 20 years, and it never gets boring! I have some great vid's of rides on this road as well.

In fact I intend to go for a blat up through that way tomorrow on my black bike, which has been built with Lobethal road as it's intended playground, since the day I started molding the beast that is Damien!

Took the baffles out yesterday, went for a ride last night, got pulled over, but not booked, within 10 minutes of leaving the house...reason given, that I was going a bit quick!!!

Funny thing was I was riding under the speed limit at all times, it just that the bike sounds like it is doing a million mile an hour, and it does jump away from traffic lights rather well these days as the thing is so light now.

Nice video Mikey...as always! :thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
At least you speedo and tach are in the proper place today! They were reversed on the last video!
Nice riding Mate!

Nah. It's just because you are watching it from downunder.

View attachment 34122

Lobethal road, my favourite piece of road in the universe, like Mikey, I reckon I have ridden it about a zillion times over the last 20 years, and it never gets boring! I have some great vid's of rides on this road as well.

In fact I intend to go for a blat up through that way tomorrow on my black bike, which has been built with Lobethal road as it's intended playground, since the day I started molding the beast that is Damien!

Took the baffles out yesterday, went for a ride last night, got pulled over, but not booked, within 10 minutes of leaving the house...reason given, that I was going a bit quick!!!

Funny thing was I was riding under the speed limit at all times, it just that the bike sounds like it is doing a million mile an hour, and it does jump away from traffic lights rather well these days as the thing is so light now.

Nice video Mikey...as always! :thumbup:

Hard to make a bad video of Lobie Road...Still freaks me out that they don't have one of these at each end of the road....

View attachment 34123

:BLAA::BLAA::BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nah. It's just because you are watching it from downunder.

View attachment 34122

Hard to make a bad video of Lobie Road...Still freaks me out that they don't have one of these at each end of the road....

View attachment 34123

:BLAA::BLAA::BLAA:

I think we have a sign on one our roads.... or maybe it's a bar...I forget but it's says this.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing road and great video.
I don't know how your camera is mounted, but if there's a way to lift it up a bit (safely), I think it's worth a try.
The flyscreen is taking up a lot of real estate in the video.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Road crew must a been following a Snake when they made that road !! AWESOME vid Ozzie !! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :thumbup: :thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing road and great video.
I don't know how your camera is mounted, but if there's a way to lift it up a bit (safely), I think it's worth a try.
The flyscreen is taking up a lot of real estate in the video.

Just have to track down one of my plastic "bits" which will turn the camera sideways, which means I'll have to turn the suction mount 90 degrees, which will mean I can adjust it forward and back as opposed to side to side, so I should be able to do it...I'll get round to it eventually...lol.

The Road crew must a been following a Snake when they made that road !! AWESOME vid Ozzie !! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have it on good authority they actually created the trail, back in the day, by following their mountain goats, 'cause they needed them for milk, and to leave pegged out to a post at night as food for the drop bears, so they wouldn't attack the people:innocent::liar::D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice video Mikey , only problem is that I now want to go for a ride & I really should be going to bed ............... I know , Humpy will rise early & ride the loooong way to work :thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
why does SA get the good roads:(

'Cause we're thpecial:BLAA:

Hahaha not compared to Tassie they dont :thumbup: Tasmanian roads are impecable & a real credit to the state ;)

But what is the use of spectacular roads, when you can only ride them 90 days per year?

Desert twisties FTW:rockon::D Average of 283 completely rain free days per year, and lots of those others, are only a drop or two, somewhere down the South East:cheer:.

Of course it does cause a lot of knackered tyres, but you can't win 'em all:BLAA: