My new Ninja 1000 photos

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some photos from today, on the way home. Unfortunately it was too cold out to take photos at all the spots I wanted but I will get some the next time I am up that way.

The dealership I picked it up at

When I first arrived I walked right past the bike and then when I found my sales person he walked me right up to it near the front door lol.

I originally planned to get an orange z1000 but at the last minute decided on the green ninja 1000. I had myself convinced that I did not like the black on the ninja 1000, that it did not look right but in person it looks great. I am so glad I went for the ninja. I really did not care for the orange when I seen it in person.

Pulling the bike out of the showroom

ninja10002_zpse6e114ed.jpg
[/URL]

Out in the parking lot. As soon as we got it out in the lot I added a black tank pad so the tank did not get scratched up.

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
sat on one yesterday here in Orlando.....sweeeet. 2012 with ABS for under $9k....great deal too....just not good timing.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great. Have fun. That bike is pretty impressive.

What camera are you using? and editing software? Those pics are really cool:thumbup:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im so excited to hear a ride report! I sat on the 2011 model (burgandy color) and loved it...then I rode Erci's FZ1....:don'tknow:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A few photos I forgot I took with my cell phone:

20130420_105825.jpg

20130420_122401.jpg

Well I have about 250 miles on the bike here are a few comments:

-stock seat is pretty nice
-love the adjustable windscreen
-the bike is VERY nimble, I did not expect that. It handles great and is very confident inspiring.
-The brakes on this thing are incredible. It is so fun to do fast "emergency" stops.
-Respect 1st and 2nd gear, a lot. I still have not went over 1/4 throttle in 1st lol and 1/2 throttle in 2nd but I have almost redlined it in 3rd and the front wheel wants to come off the ground. I did not go wide open throttle but close.
-You really can pretty much shift to 6th gear and ride around in that all day lol if you wanted. (20mph-xxxmph)
-I expected the bike to feel heavy, the weight concerned me on the specs but it does not feel heave at all, it must be down low because the bike handles and feels light when you ride it.

I hope I do not get a ticket.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome!

How does the riding position compare to the FZ6? Especially after a couple hundred miles in the saddle?

I need to take another ride out Hwy 33 into WV. :thumbup:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome!

How does the riding position compare to the FZ6? Especially after a couple hundred miles in the saddle?

I need to take another ride out Hwy 33 into WV. :thumbup:

It seems to be slightly more forward but during the 160+ miles my wrists did not hurt at all so it must be very slight. I sold the bike I had before the fz6 because it killed my wrists but the ninja is very comfortable. The stock seat is good but I may get the gel because it looks nice with the cf look and ninja logo. I want the rear seat cowl but it replaces the rear seat which would limit me from giving anyone a ride if I was out somewhere. I haven't decided yet.

Rear cowl:

N1Kleft2.jpg

Gel seat:

Ninja%201000%20Gel%20Seat.jpg

I was surprised the bike felt a little taller than the fz6, it may just be where the seat is not broken in yet though. The gel seat looks like it is a little taller than the stock seat. It does not feel as tall as the 36" seat on my DR but it does feel about 1/2" taller than the fz6.