agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all you newbies to this forum,
I am one of the longer term members (but by no means the longest). I lurk - I am here every day at some point, but I realised that there have been a few people I have not said G'day to.

I know that any of your queries will be answered by some of of many talented members, whether it be electrical, engine mods tweaking or just where to ride to and who with. We have members from across the globe pretty much.
You are pretty lucky because we are not a snobby bunch and we value input- be it specific knowledge or what you might think is a silly question. We all have silly questions from time to time and no-one here will give you a hard time for it. we like you to engage
The other thing is some of our members have moved on to other bikes, but come back here because we are a nice bunch of folk.

So a big ol' upside down Welcome from Oz

David

Reaction score
Visit site
Alot of new members join and dont introduce themselves so Ive added this thread for all to introduce yourself....

Ill go first...

Hi all I am From Langley BC Canada. I started this site due to a lack of sites dedicated to the bike I love.... the FZ6 of course... It doesnt matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go.... The world disappears... the FZ6 is my first bike.. Its a 2005 Galaxy Blue one.. (Yeah the blue ones are faster... Its not a rumor). I am an Engineer and currently work rebuilding crash damaged helicopters and general Helicopter maintenance..... Okay nuff about me... Who is next.... Writeme43? Bren?....

Dennis
Hey guys my names David I'm from louisiana

Vanilla Gorilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Wuts up y'all, here's alittle bout myself n my bike. Names Sean, Hale from the great Northwest were the loggers are many n the teethe are few, occupations- wildland firefighter by summer arborist/faller by winter. First bike was a clapped out 2002 FZ1 (pic) originally bought to rob the engine for quad build, but after riding couldn't bring myself to destroy n I was hooked... Bike eventually ended up wanted for speeding and recklessness, so sold it to a far away place. Now I got a 2004 fz6 silver paint (pic) akrapolvic exhaust only performance mod that I'm aware of, previous owner did some20210120_170834.jpgIMG_20210421_131853187.jpg cogfest of a headlight conversion (soon to change)and i wouldn't mind alittle more pull when I'm feeding her the onion, but still fun as the ball room @ mcD's when I was a youngin

Kevf1

Reaction score
Visit site
Nubee to the Yami, have only had a few bikes before over the years and found mine parked in front of my friend's apartment in SF, 4 blocks from the beach. She's been sitting for a couple of years, at least, and looked so sad. I'm a sucker for that and now she's mine. Lock is frozen and can't even turn her on or release the steering lock but the clock works :) I've always wanted a touring bike and though the Fz6 isn't categorized as such, with the bracket and cases I've seen available, it will work perfectly for my first, somewhat planned, road trip to Santa Fe. Hoping to find some helpful tips and perhaps some gadgets and goodies for her resurrection and meet some great people that love to ride.

Attachments

• IMG_4008.jpg
    IMG_4008.jpg
    819.7 KB · Views: 8

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Kev. That bike is a bit rough and is in need of a little (I’m being kind...a lot of) TLC. The rotors have surface rust and I suspect corrosion might be an issue in a few spots, including inside the cylinder walls. Start a new thread about your bike. I think I’d like to talk you through the first start when you get the ignition/wheel lock sorted out. That’s not a bike that you just want to crank over with a fresh battery.

Kevf1

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Kev. That bike is a bit rough and is in need of a little (I’m being kind...a lot of) TLC. The rotors have surface rust and I suspect corrosion might be an issue in a few spots, including inside the cylinder walls. Start a new thread about your bike. I think I’d like to talk you through the first start when you get the ignition/wheel lock sorted out. That’s not a bike that you just want to crank over with a fresh battery.
Thanks for the reply:) Yea I've restored a few cars over the years and the last thing I want to do is score the cylinders. I just downloaded the service manual and owners manual, and once I'm able to figure out how to get to the spark plugs (I can't even raise the tank with the bars locked) I'll be on my way to turning her over.
If anyone has some tips on how to un-stick the lock (I've read a few here and it's how I found the forum) I'd be much obliged :)
I'm not sure how to start a new thread atm, but appreciate the opportunity. Just where would I start it? Would be fun to post and share the resurrection :)

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Go to the General Forum and hit Post Thread.

I would shoot some penetrating oil into the lock cylinder. Use the straw/wand and really get it into the tumblers.

Hit it a few times over the course of a day. When you insert the key to try it, insert the key wet with penetrating oil. Insert and remove a few times before trying to turn the key. Then give it a go.

Seth Wilson

Site Supporter
Reaction score
twitter.com
Nubee to the Yami, have only had a few bikes before over the years and found mine parked in front of my friend's apartment in SF, 4 blocks from the beach. She's been sitting for a couple of years, at least, and looked so sad. I'm a sucker for that and now she's mine. Lock is frozen and can't even turn her on or release the steering lock but the clock works :) I've always wanted a touring bike and though the Fz6 isn't categorized as such, with the bracket and cases I've seen available, it will work perfectly for my first, somewhat planned, road trip to Santa Fe. Hoping to find some helpful tips and perhaps some gadgets and goodies for her resurrection and meet some great people that love to ride.

I'm also a newbie on this forum. I'm in Half Moon Bay with a 2007 red metallic that I got for free from a coworker in SF back in March. If you need some help or tools, hit me up!

Seth Wilson

Site Supporter
Reaction score
twitter.com
Hey all, newbie on the forum! This not only is my first FZ6, its my first motorcycle. I've never ridden before. Huge car nut, been around cars and racing my whole life. I've owned RX-7s since high school, raced them and learned how to rebuild them.

This particular bike was owned by a coworker for almost 10 years, the last 8 of which it was sitting. Has not run since 2013. Its been dropped a few times, nothing major but pretty much everything on both sides of the bike has touched pavement. Its been such a fun project so far and I'm really wishing I got into motorcycles earlier. I'm smiling already thinking about getting it back on the road and taking a cruise down the coast.

Heres a short youtube vid I put together after I got the FZ6 home:

Great meeting y'all!

Last edited:

Kevf1

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also a newbie on this forum. I'm in Half Moon Bay with a 2007 red metallic that I got for free from a coworker in SF back in March. If you need some help or tools, hit me up!
Wow that's close and I'm sure you know all about salt air :) I appreciate the offer and I'll definitely be in touch :)