New member welcome thread..

gzac

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,my name is George and i am from Greece.
My bike is an fz6 s2 black and i have it 4 months now.
What i really like in this forum is the good spirit.
Keep up the good work and i wish many and safe miles for all!

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Jon. I am 20 years old and just bought a 2004 FZ6 in blue. I am a second year engineering student from Minnesota. The FZ6 is my second bike, first was a 82 Yamaha Maxim 750. Lets just say it was a little bit of an upgrade.

Welcome Jon,

We seemed to have taken similar paths into riding. My first bike was an 82 Yamah Maxim also, not much on the low end, but still had some power. Great bike to learn on though! Good choice with the FZ6, I've had mine since February and have loved every mile...and yes it is definitely an upgrade from the Maxim! :Sport:

J

jsteinb95

Welcome to the family George. Glad you like the forum. Enjoy! :thumbup:

agutierrez

Reaction score
Visit site
Guy from Southern California here looking to get a new bike. I currently ride an SV and I'm looking for a little more comfort.

The FV6 looks great and I hope to fire one up soon. Gotta save up for that all black one.

J

jsteinb95

Guy from Southern California here looking to get a new bike. I currently ride an SV and I'm looking for a little more comfort.

The FV6 looks great and I hope to fire one up soon. Gotta save up for that all black one.

Welcome to the family. Where at in So. Cal are you?

Mizc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there.

A guy from Poland, computer scientist riding the GS 500F. Hopefully I'll join the FZ6 Fazer family this year :)

Regards,
Thomas

O

Officerjive

Offiverjive is in the House!

Stock blue 2005 FZ6 with old school polished aluminum frame and wheels, with no mods or accessories yet. I survived one summer of Metro DC area suburbanites trying to take me out with their luxury SUV's, and I enjoyed the bike, so now I want to outfit it a little with some improvements and get out for longer rides.
That's why I am here, to get opinions and input on seats, bags, GPS, groovy stickers, whatever.

peace
OJ

Spike

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Stu and I live in Western Oregon USA. I own a 2004 FZ6 (the fast blue one) which was my first new motorcycle. I have owned seven other bikes in my riding life (on and off for 40+ years) mostly enduros or dual sport types. I still have a 1988 Honda NX650 that I've had for at least 6 years.
I enjoy the FZ very much just wished I could find more time to ride. I don't enjoy riding on the freeways nor in heavy city traffic. So most of my rides are short stay-aquainted runs or planned longer road trips. I have purchased the taller wind-screen and went back to the stock height one. I bought a Corbin seat which seems harder than the stock one but does seem to make longer rides better. I really want to buy some bar risers that will move the bar closer and up a bit. Any suggestions? Thanks, Stu.

J

jsteinb95

My name is Stu and I live in Western Oregon USA. I own a 2004 FZ6 (the fast blue one) which was my first new motorcycle. I have owned seven other bikes in my riding life (on and off for 40+ years) mostly enduros or dual sport types. I still have a 1988 Honda NX650 that I've had for at least 6 years.
I enjoy the FZ very much just wished I could find more time to ride. I don't enjoy riding on the freeways nor in heavy city traffic. So most of my rides are short stay-aquainted runs or planned longer road trips. I have purchased the taller wind-screen and went back to the stock height one. I bought a Corbin seat which seems harder than the stock one but does seem to make longer rides better. I really want to buy some bar risers that will move the bar closer and up a bit. Any suggestions? Thanks, Stu.

Hello Stu...welcome to the family. Enjoy the site & ride safe! :thumbup:

nagurski2

Reaction score
www.patcrowephotography.com
Hello All!! I'm excited to have found this forum on FZ6 enthusiasts. I'm new to riding and after much searching decided on purchasing a 2007 Red FZ6 and must admit I love the bike. I'm from Middletown, Delaware and look forward to hopefully meeting some people, getting together for some rides, sharing information on the bike and having some good times. Any groups out there getting together to ride..let me know. I live in the mid atlantic with my wife who I would love to get into riding..but we'll see?

Happy to be a member, Pat

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all.

I am new to the community so I've decited to say hi to all of you out there.
I have purchased 05' FZ6 and I love it. I rode it for about two weeks now and the more I ride the more I love everything about the bike. I have put on new Two Brothers exhaust and Fender Eliminator and boy does it sound nice. Now the bike has extra attitude. I will try to get some pics later. Any recomendations on new LED upgrades?
:rockon:

MotoMom

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm about to buy an FZ6 2008 (the even faster dark blue one). I'm very excited about this, but a bit nervous because I haven't been able to try one yet. No dealer will let potential buyers go on the road. So I'm still looking for a demo bike somewhere in the Montreal area.

I've read many many things about this bike and it sure sounds like a great one. I used to own a Ninja 1000R. But that was 10 years ago... when I was young and didn't have any children ! LOL ! I'm sure the FZ6 is just as exciting.

Looking forward to reading more about the bike... until I get one in about a week !

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm about to buy an FZ6 2008 (the even faster dark blue one). I'm very excited about this, but a bit nervous because I haven't been able to try one yet. No dealer will let potential buyers go on the road. So I'm still looking for a demo bike somewhere in the Montreal area.

I've read many many things about this bike and it sure sounds like a great one. I used to own a Ninja 1000R. But that was 10 years ago... when I was young and didn't have any children ! LOL ! I'm sure the FZ6 is just as exciting.

Looking forward to reading more about the bike... until I get one in about a week !

Welcome, and be careful, the new 600's have just as much, if not more, power than the older 1000's

Davidm

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone. I'm new to this site as well. I purchased an '07 FZ6 last year and use it for commuting. I've put about 8000 miles on it in the last 12 months. I also own a '07 KTM 450EXC that I commute on as well in inclement weather. I live outside of Lawrence, KS (home of University of Kansas) and work as a banker in Metro KC. I commute regularly in rush hour traffic with all the cagers and love it! I've owned many bikes over the years including enduro bikes, dirtbikes, ninja's and the like. I like my FZ6 because of it's ability to keep up and ahead of traffic, the enduro moto sitting position and the reliability of a Yamaha sportbike. Plus it's a sharp looking bike that has the ability to hit triple digits relatively quickly! I look forward to gleaning tips and mod ideas from this forum.

Cheers!