New member welcome thread..

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
hi there !
i'm teo, i'm from romania and i have a fzs 600 for a year.
ride safe

:welcome: Teo

Hi,

I'm Dino and I bought my 2007 FZ6 new back in April of this year. I couldn't take delivery until May because my driveway was covered in ice. I've put 3500 miles on it so far and I really like it. I also have a 2007 Yamaha Majesty scooter that I've put 15,000 miles on including an Iron Butt Saddle Sore ride last August. It's funny to think that the FZ6 was in the showroom when I bought the Majesty - but I don't think I was ready for that. Just before buying the Majesty I dusted off my 1979 Motobecane moped that I got when I was 15 so I think the Fazer would've been too much.

:welcome: Enjoy it while the weathers good :D

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Rick, and I just bought an 06, shift red fz6 last month on the 15th. I'm from Vancouver, WA. I'm a new rider, when I say new, I mean I have never learned how to ride a motorcycle, but I have always wanted a fz6.

I dropped it twice now, both on the first 2 days of riding it around the neighborhood. I was told, and the dol test book, said not to use the front brake while turning.

Today, I will be taking the first of 3 day safety course. I love riding, and I wish I didn't wait till I was 34 lol.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Rick, and I just bought an 06, shift red fz6 last month on the 15th. I'm from Vancouver, WA. I'm a new rider, when I say new, I mean I have never learned how to ride a motorcycle, but I have always wanted a fz6.

I dropped it twice now, both on the first 2 days of riding it around the neighborhood. I was told, and the dol test book, said not to use the front brake while turning.

Today, I will be taking the first of 3 day safety course. I love riding, and I wish I didn't wait till I was 34 lol.

Hey, I am new, too, and waited until I was 46!! I think the safety course will be a HUGE help to you! (and sounds like Frame Sliders are a good idea, too!) :welcome:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org

:welcome: Sucks to drop the bike :( Good idea on the safety course. Don't fret about waiting till you're 34, the important thing is that you are riding now :D

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Brian from Columbus, Ohio. I've been riding for about a year and a half and am on my third bike. Started out on a Nighthawk 250, then a Sportster (not really my thing) and just rode a 2009 FZ6 off of the showroom floor a month ago. What a bike! Riding to and from work each day begins and caps each day with a smile. Riding has changed my life. I operate nursing homes for a living.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
I'm Brian from Columbus, Ohio. I've been riding for about a year and a half and am on my third bike. Started out on a Nighthawk 250, then a Sportster (not really my thing) and just rode a 2009 FZ6 off of the showroom floor a month ago. What a bike! Riding to and from work each day begins and caps each day with a smile. Riding has changed my life. I operate nursing homes for a living.

:welcome: To the worlds greatest forum :D. Enjoy and ride safe.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I am new, too, and waited until I was 46!! I think the safety course will be a HUGE help to you! (and sounds like Frame Sliders are a good idea, too!) :welcome:

Thanks, What are frame sliders? I've learned quite a lot from just a third of the class done, and so far I've noticed that I have bad habits that I need to learn to change.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org

ae88925

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Todd.

I took delivery of a black '08 left-over today.

I also ordered the gel seat and the sport-touring windshield.

Unfortunately, I only got about 40 miles on it before the rain started and it doesn't seem like it will stop raining for a few days...

I have a question though; Should I order the lower cowling? Will this actually provide any wind/weather protection or is it just cosmetic?

--Todd

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^Welcome! I have the same 08 in black. I hope the rain stops soon so you can have some fun!! :welcome:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
My name is Todd.

Unfortunately, I only got about 40 miles on it before the rain started and it doesn't seem like it will stop raining for a few days...

I have a question though; Should I order the lower cowling? Will this actually provide any wind/weather protection or is it just cosmetic?

--Todd

:welcome: Enjoy and ride safe.

Now to your question, pretty much cosmetic unless you are hauling A$$ on a track, then it helps with stability and fuel consumption.

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Todd.

--Todd

Welcome Todd! Nice to see another Mass. FZ6 owner. Too bad about the rain, but you will have some prime riding weather ahead now that most of the hot sticky stuff is over with.

The Yamaha lower chin cowling is just costmetic. If you are talking about a 3rd party lower colwing than I suppose that could provide some wind protection.

John

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Hey all. I just closed the deal on a Raven 08 FZ6 this week, I'll be taking delivery Thursday.

I spent a lot of time looking into this decision, along with reading these forums, to get a sense for the bike. I can't wait to get on it. I had a GS500 before and wanted to step up, and the FZ6 will be roughly double the power. Should be fun.

Power, price-point and looks were major factors in my purchase. It's an aesthetically pleasing bike to say the least, aggressive looking front, exposed pipes at the bottom are awesome looking, and the dual exhaust under the seat is pretty badass. I'm actually looking to put some custom slip-on pipes on there at some point, with cool sound but not overly obnoxious. I'll do some reading through the archives to see if there are any good recommendations.

As for myself, I live in the Seattle area, work at Microsoft on the Xbox LIVE team and I'm originally from Connecticut. Looking forward to learning more about all of you, too.

The Hill Boys

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from Arizona! I had registered in the FZ1 site a few weeks back and came to realize that I belong here instead. 45 years old, 6'3, 260. I haven't ridden on the road in over 20 years. Got back into dirt riding about 6 years ago with my two sons (14/11). I currently ride a Yamaha YZ250.

I'm currently in the market for an FZ6. Signed up for a MSF course over Labor Day weekend. I look forward to getting back out on the road again.

Ron
Senior "Hill Boy"

:america:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all. I just closed the deal on a Raven 08 FZ6 this week, I'll be taking delivery Thursday.

I spent a lot of time looking into this decision, along with reading these forums, to get a sense for the bike. I can't wait to get on it. I had a GS500 before and wanted to step up, and the FZ6 will be roughly double the power. Should be fun.

Power, price-point and looks were major factors in my purchase. It's an aesthetically pleasing bike to say the least, aggressive looking front, exposed pipes at the bottom are awesome looking, and the dual exhaust under the seat is pretty badass. I'm actually looking to put some custom slip-on pipes on there at some point, with cool sound but not overly obnoxious. I'll do some reading through the archives to see if there are any good recommendations.

As for myself, I live in the Seattle area, work at Microsoft on the Xbox LIVE team and I'm originally from Connecticut. Looking forward to learning more about all of you, too.

Hello from Arizona! I had registered in the FZ1 site a few weeks back and came to realize that I belong here instead. 45 years old, 6'3, 260. I haven't ridden on the road in over 20 years. Got back into dirt riding about 6 years ago with my two sons (14/11). I currently ride a Yamaha YZ250.

I'm currently in the market for an FZ6. Signed up for a MSF course over Labor Day weekend. I look forward to getting back out on the road again.

Ron
Senior "Hill Boy"

:america:

:welcome: to you both. There are a lot of great and helpful people here. Enjoy your class, Ron!