New member welcome thread..

Iggy82

UK Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, just bought a 2005 FZ6-s fazer, picking up early next week. Got it for 3000 UK pounds with 7000 miles on the clock in almost mint condition with full dealer service history.

Been riding around on a 1992 Kawasaki GPZ500s, (a.k.a Ninja 500) but the tyres are really thin and no room for upgrade, I also think its trying to kill me as had a couple of accidents (although first was my own fault to be honest!)

gypsyart

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Im Ken from Philippines got my brand new fz6n last week and added just 75km to it. Been trolling the forum for quite sometime and getting infos about this bike before i purchased it :)

Last edited:

KID

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,
My name is Jenson i'm 24 years old from Lake Stevens, WA. I got my 2006 fz6 about 3 months ago and I'm loving every minute of it. I didn't think I would enjoy street riding as much as I do. This forum is awesome, it's a great way for an inexperienced rider like myself to learn a lot. Thanks for all the posts.

BRUNO BOTELHO

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
My name is Bruno, 30 years old, i'm new arround here and i come from Sao Miguel island, in Azores - Portugal.
I have a Yamaha FZ6 S2 for the road and the "beast" KTM LC8 950 ADVENTURE.
Hope to enjoy this forum.

Ride Safe!
Bruno

DEATH4OF4

Reaction score
Visit site
Death4of4 from wisconsin shouting out. Got my bike 4 days ago. Ive got a huge problem... I cant seem to stay off of it. Well its not bad for me but the old lady doesn't like it. Ive already got 1100 on the clock and would be riding today, but noooooooooo its gotta rain. I hope to gain more knowledge about these bikes and being no stranger to forums, i know this is a good place start. Ive worked on honda's mostly and built alot of motorized bicycles. I'm no hot dogger, or wheely master i just wanted to save gas and have fun doing it. I ride with one of my friends who's got a 1000 rc-51 and he's always 2 football fields ahead of me, but it's fun anyway. I just got sick of always fixing my older bikes and not knowing what the previous owners did to it, so i bought this bike new cause i got a deal on it, $2000 cheaper than the 2009 which it what i originally wanted, they looked the same to me so i went for the better buy. Anyone in the valley who would like to road trip around look me up. Thanks all.

Death4of4
brian p

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tim from Fairfield, CT. So this past Saturday i got myself a 2004 FZ6 with 6800 miles on it. My facial muscles hurt, but the smile is just not going away. I am planning to make it a sport tourer, so something tells me twisted throttle is going to be getting some extra revenue soon.

This is my second bike - I bought a new Kawi KLR in 2008 and couldn't stay off it until two weeks ago somebody stole it form the train station in a middle of the day.

TS

D

davek17

Hi Everyone

My names Dave and I live in Liverpool, UK and yes I am very depressed with the world cup!! However passing my bike test last week and definitely buying a Fazer does cheer me up a little bit after 6 years on a 125!!!

Probably lots of Q's about 2nd hand Fazers to follow!

Cheers

Dave

RexNEffect

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up a red 2006 FZ6. Hope to get into it as much as my WRX (but my checking account isn't as happy about it lol)! It's my second bike, and is night and day coming from a 2008 Buell Blast. Hope to find some members around the area that are knowledgable and wanna ride sometime!

Lots of questions to come, but only after doing thorough searches first. Not new to enthusiast forums and know how annoying it can be to have lazy people post the same question a thousand times.

prock

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my (faster blue) '08 FZ6 a week ago (big upgrade from a '83 Maxim 750K). I busted 10k RPMs tonight :steve: and it's quite clear that there's no need for anything more than two gears if you're going to be driving legal speeds. I could just put it in 2nd once I pull out from intersections and leave it there. The manual says hit 6th at 56mph/90kph. Seriously?? I hadn't even been in 5th until tonight and that was just to see what sort of RPMs I'd be spinning.
:canada:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my (faster blue) '08 FZ6 a week ago (big upgrade from a '83 Maxim 750K). I busted 10k RPMs tonight :steve: and it's quite clear that there's no need for anything more than two gears if you're going to be driving legal speeds. I could just put it in 2nd once I pull out from intersections and leave it there. The manual says hit 6th at 56mph/90kph. Seriously?? I hadn't even been in 5th until tonight and that was just to see what sort of RPMs I'd be spinning.
:canada:

Lol! I was just reading wou traded up from...that's a big difference...your gunna love the FZ6....welcome!

:thumbup:

Naked

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, I`m Robin from The Hague, Holland, Europe.
Three months ago I`ve earnt my driving license and since two months I own a black Yamaha FZ6N S2 abs.
Total kilometers @ sale: 2.950km (now 5.070km)
Love the bike...

Foto-BMZFRJQI.jpg

Foto-WQRSNQHH.jpg

Foto-WE6ULKU7.jpg

Foto-XRI6PTLA.jpg

Grtz Robin.

Last edited:

PcH

FZ6 n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all. Bought my second bike yesterday, a 2005 FZ6 with 17k miles. Bunch of little mods already done to it. Thanks!

img0198e.jpg

0wNag3

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been here already for a while, but since today I finally made my first post maybe it is a good time to introduce myself - I own an orange (not as fast as blue one) naked FZ6 2006. Mainly located in Espoo (Finland) and every weekend going to St.-Petersburg (Russian federation) certainly on that orange thing ;)

sonic4160

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:
Hi,
my name is Ed,Im from Kent - England and ride a 2005 Fazer 600 N with a few mods,
I look forward to reading various threads and perhaps getting some help,advice and tips.
many thanks
Ed,
:BLAA:

matteblack

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. I'm from Minnesota in the Midwestern USA. I just picked up a new 2009 FZ6 today. Got a great deal due to it being previous model year. Took it for a ride and I love it so far. It's a perfect all around bike. I have owned about 10 other bikes and I have a few others right now. Looking forward to learning a bunch about this bike from the forum here!

4797590332_355e2c07cc_b.jpg

gav

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

My name is Gav and I'm from Middlesbrough, England and I've just got a blue 2004 FZ6 with 19k miles :) it's my first bike so I'm looking forward to reading the forums and getting lots of advice and tips.

Here's a few pictures of the bike:

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

wrook1984

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All, my name is Billy, I'm currently located in Auburn, WA (USA), very much a newbie when it comes to the two wheeled world. Rode a dirtbike a few years ago and just got hooked on bikes, the boss (future wife) didn't want me riding on the road though due to her dad laying down a bike at freeway speed on a turn more than a few years back, but it's message stuck in her head, no motorcycles or else:spank:!
Well, as chance would have it recently I (basically) got my first street bike for free, I traded a guy for a yamaha dirtbike and a beautiful 1986 FZ600 (but apparantly only beautiful to me) which needed a new motor and a ton of work, which is still in process. I'll include pics as I take em so you can all see what I mean.
The dirtbike is a (cringe) 1978 DT125. It wasn't running but I fixed that quick enough, $50 for a new carb and it runs great. It's a dual sport 2 stroke so even though it's not completely street legal, I've taken it out on the road a few times anyway, just for fun round the neighborhood and corner store. And now I'm sure, I'm hooked for life, and once I get that old FZ600 going, you won't get me off of it!
Glad to have found a forum like this for tips and good riding routes, I'll post my own as I get out there too.