New Swingarm Decals Available

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Once again I try to save some money, and once again this forum provides me with irresistible temptation. Damn you forum, damn you!!!

I'll PM you an order later today. :D

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Once again I try to save some money, and once again this forum provides me with irresistible temptation. Damn you forum, damn you!!!

Between the forum always having good deals on used parts and cool stuff...and those annoying people that show off their cool new mods that make me gotta have it, I don't stand a chance. But isn't it fun buying something new and having to wait anxiously for it to arrive so that you can have something to tinker with? It's definately my addiction. The bike I bought from armystrong was modded to the hilt already so fortunately, my wife needed a bike and when we bought it it needed a LOT of stuff. :D

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Between the forum always having good deals on used parts and cool stuff...and those annoying people that show off their cool new mods that make me gotta have it, I don't stand a chance. But isn't it fun buying something new and having to wait anxiously for it to arrive so that you can have something to tinker with? It's definately my addiction. The bike I bought from armystrong was modded to the hilt already so fortunately, my wife needed a bike and when we bought it it needed a LOT of stuff. :D

"Needed". Riiiiight. ;)

And yes, I love getting goodies in the mail! I also love installing them, and standing back afterwards, admiring my work, saying to my self, "oh hell yes!" :D

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"Needed". Riiiiight. ;)

And yes, I love getting goodies in the mail! I also love installing them, and standing back afterwards, admiring my work, saying to my self, "oh hell yes!" :D

"Needed" most definately! I WANT to eat and breathe. I NEED to tinker with bikes. See the difference?

BTW, thanks for all of the feedback. I've spend my day making decals and the first orders are complete already. Now I "NEED" more. Hurry and order yours before I get tired of doing this. It's teadious and time consuming making hand layered decals.

Last edited:

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
"Needed" most definately! I WANT to eat and breathe. I NEED to tinker with bikes. See the difference?

BTW, thanks for all of the feedback. I've spend my day making decals and the first orders are complete already. Now I "NEED" more. Hurry and order yours before I get tired of doing this. It's teadious and time consuming making hand layered decals.

:rof: Oh yes, your're preaching to the choir here! Order sent as well! :thumbup:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site

oOo man me too!...idc ill still take a set lol:BLAA:

PM sent

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Most of the weekend orders are being mailed today. I expect completion pics when installed. :rockon:

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Installation helpful hints with pics

First thing and most important thing is to clean your swingarm surface free of all dirt and grease. I suggest using an anti-grease detergent and warm water but if that doesn't work well enough, use some mineral spirits (paint thinner) to fully remove any oils or grease. You can follow this with a good wipedown with some good old rubbing alcohol or even vodka!

Your decals will have straight lines drawn on them as shown in the first picture to aid you in being able to tell what is straight when you are lining them up. Place a piece of masking tape on each end as I have shown and position your decal in the area that it needs to be. Use your tape measure and measure you gaps between the lines I have drawn and the edges of the swing arm. You can probably just get down low and eyeball the decal straight. If it is not straight, simply lift one side of the tape or the other and straighten the decal until it looks or measures straight and centered in your area.

Next run a piece of masking tape along the top edge as I show from one end to the other and securely lock the top of the decal to the swingarm. This is called the hinge meathod and it works great.

Flip the decal up and begin slowly pulling the backing paper off at and angle from right to left or vice versa if you are left handed until it is all the way removed. Take care to make sure you didn't leave any of the decal itself stuck to the backing paper like a letter center or something.

Hold the decal at each lower corner and keep it tight enough not to sag and stick in the middle as you set one of the corners. If you are right handed, set the right corner of the transfer tape (the paper tape on top of the entire decal) and keep the left side lifted so that it doesn't touch yet, and take a credit card or drivers license and start from the right top corner and squeegy the decal down using a top to bottom, right to left motion until you get all the way across. If you are left handed, reverse the movements I described working left to right.

Now take your finger or thumb and rub all around with some pressure to make sure every thing is good and stuck. begin removing the transfer tape starting at a top corner and pulling it "low" meaning keep the tape close to the surface instead of pulling straight out towards you. Don't forget to remove the clear transfer tape that is a layer under the paper tape that I have to use to be able to see through when I am layering the colors.

If you have any air bubbles, simply use a needle or safety pin to pop holes in the decal and then use your finger to press out the air. You are done and a professional vinyl graphic installer now. :rockon:

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I have destroyed several stickers before.
I'll install mine and send pictures right away. :thumbup:

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got mine today! They look amazing, and I don't even have them on the bike yet! Got the one put on the back window of my truck, too dark out to get a good picture though. Will take one tomorrow =)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On the truck =) will get them on the bike later today!
aefc96e3-c097-8e58.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk