NorCal ride to see SoCal gang 8/20- 8/22

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
It's quite something to see how this has grown from a small get-together to a full group event. I will post another couple of alternate routes to mull over tomorrow.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
John, I totally agree with you. The great thing about this forum and the people on it is that everyone is not only really nice, helpful and respectful of each other but that when we take the time to meet one another in person it only adds to the experience of being fellow motorcycle enthusiasts. :thumbup:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
So, any tentative plans re either Aug 20 evening or Aug 21 morning? Might there be a pre-ride barbie or breakfast planned somewhere? Just wondering...

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We're planning on having a bbq or dinner at the very least on Friday night. I'm leaving that up to John and David as they are our hosts. A pre ride breakfast sounds good to me if it will work into John's route planning. :thumbup:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
We're planning on having a bbq or dinner at the very least on Friday night. I'm leaving that up to John and David as they are our hosts. A pre ride breakfast sounds good to me if it will work into John's route planning. :thumbup:

I do believe that we will all meet for a nice pre-ride breakfast. As far as after the ride, would any of you guys be interested in going to watch speedway motorcycle racing?

Info here: Costa Mesa Speedway - Orange County Fairgrounds - 2010 Race Schedule

We can work out transportation/timing etc if it's a go for all of us.

Decisions, decisions..

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I would likely break off from the ride late Sat at Oceanside/Carlsbad (and not do Costa Mesa), then join back up somewhere Sunday morning with any others returning to NorCal. But, I won't know until next month for sure about some details. At any rate, I'm looking at the Saturday pre-ride breakfast and subsequent fun ride business.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Updated rider list:

Lefty (John)
Chemiker (Travis)
Cali rider (John)
Wavex (David
BryanDH (Bryan)
Westgoingzax (Alex)
Vegasrider (Kenny)
smokenu ( ?)
Jblk9695 (Jerry)
Tailgate (Stacy)
McLovin (?)
marke14 - maybe
PowellB - maybe
cknatz (Chris) - maybe

After a great 200 miler on Saturday on deserted twisties (thanks to all of you who went to Laguna Seca :D), I used up most of what was left on the old BT016's. New ones go one this morning. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
can't wait for this ride!

In France on business right now... brought my daughter with me for a week with grandma :) awesome times so far except she hasn't slept past 2:00am yet (3days in)!!! ugh I am tireddddddd

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Updated rider list:

Lefty (John)
Chemiker (Travis)
Cali rider (John)
Wavex (David
BryanDH (Bryan)
Westgoingzax (Alex?)
Vegasrider (Kenny?)
smokenu ( ?)
Jblk9695 (Jerry)
Tailgate (?)
McLovin (?)
marke14 - maybe
PowellB - maybe
cknatz (Chris) - maybe

After a great 200 miler on Saturday on deserted twisties (thanks to all of you who went to Laguna Seca :D), I used up most of what was left on the old BT016's. New ones go one this morning. :thumbup:

Wow, 11 confirmed? This is getting to be quite a group :rockon:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

In France on business right now... brought my daughter with me for a week with grandma :) awesome times so far except she hasn't slept past 2:00am yet (3days in)!!! ugh I am tireddddddd

David,
What a great thing to bring your daughter with you to see her grandma. Don't worry, you'll be able to get lot's of sleep once you get to be my age. :D

I'm pretty excited myself about the upcoming ride. Got the new BT016's yesterday for $250.00 mounted/balanced out the door! I went ahead and did the fork oil change as long as the front wheel was off. I was going to order new springs but I wasn't sure if they had already been changed by the previous owner or not. They weren't :( but the oil the was original milky grey goo so I was glad I changed it anyway. Big thumbs up to my wife for her help in the hands on assistance which made the job just that much easier. Nothing like having a wife who's not afraid to get her hands greasy and knows how to wrench. :thumbup:

3 weeks from Friday! :cheer:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site

Wavex---save some croissants for me (I arrive in Nice Aug 3)!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: 2 possible routes

Hi oso2K
I'll try and give you a quick summary.
Chemiker, Tailgate and myself are riding down from NorCal on Friday the 20th. Wavex (David) and Cali rider (John) are arranging a dinner or bbq Friday night for anyone who wants to join in. Saturday morning everyone from North and South are meeting for a pre ride breakfast before heading out on one of these tentative routes planned by John
Here are 2 options:
Banning/Idyllwild/Borrego/Pala/Pizza Port

Ortega Hwy/Hemet/Borrego/Pala/Pizza Port

Look at them and give us some feedback. Route 1 would be my choice..

After the Saturday ride, some of us are going to the Speedway races at the Costa Mesa Speedway.
Everyone is invited to any or all of the weekend activities. :thumbup:
I know the ride is still 3 weeks away and John and David will have more specific details as the date gets closer. Stay tuned, and I hope you can join us. :D

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
#1 it is then :D

Back from France after an amazing week :rockon:

Stacy, you must be in the plane right now! HAVE FUN and post a couple of pics when you're back :)

BBQ should be np on Friday, but I can only do Lefty/Tailgate/CHEMIKER/Cali Rider... if more ppl are interested, we'll have to eat out :)

I miss riding, so let's gooooooo!