Photography Thread !!!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where I spent the 4th of July at my wife's aunt's 400 acre ranch in Oregon. This is truly a million dollar view from her front yard at the end of the road..

Singelton-Valley-LR_web.jpg

And my next goal is to spend a few days on the FZ riding through the Pacific Northwest, there's sooo many awesome roads up there. :rockon:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Where I spent the 4th of July at my wife's aunt's 400 acre ranch in Oregon. This is truly a million dollar view from her front yard at the end of the road..

Singelton-Valley-LR_web.jpg

And my next goal is to spend a few days on the FZ riding through the Pacific Northwest, there's sooo many awesome roads up there. :rockon:

You west of Portland / Vernonia perhpas? Let me tell bout some roads. . .
PM me if you get this. . .

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
Well.........

Seeing as the weather is utter pants yet again I have been messing in the garage with my camera and came up with these, some are ok, others a bit MMMmmmmm...............

Let me know what you think.

july2012d7000046.jpg

july2012d7000047.jpg

july2012d7000078.jpg

july2012d7000054.jpg

july2012d7000052.jpg

july2012d7000057.jpg

july2012d7000061.jpg

july2012d7000073.jpg

Steve.

D

Dave.TX

Looks like the pigeon is processed for some reason, HDR maybe? Yeah, it's cool with the dots or bubbles in the background just doesn't look right to me, looks... processed. If it isn't then congrats on getting a fantastic shot.

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
Fantastic work SteveH :drool: What gear are you shooting with ???

Basic kit for those was my Nikon D7000 with 1.8D 50mm, Red Snapper ball head tripod, lighting was provided by a couple of old flourescent lights on long extension cables. Was a bit tight in the garage so could only do close up shots. Tend to use Aperture Priority for those shots and self timer on 5 seconds to avoid camera shake from pressing the shutter release. I do have a remote but couldn't be arsed to go fetch it from upstairs :)

D

Dave.TX

Just realized I never posted any from our trip to Barber Motorsports Park and Museum in Birmingham, AL, last month.

Britten.jpg

MGred.jpg

DSC00133a.jpg

DSC00143a.jpg

Josh Hays after his first win at Barber and Yamaha's first ever win in Superbike at Barber. He won the Sunday race too.

HaysWin1.jpg

Tom's Honda and me with my BMW.

BMPSign.jpg

A Japanese Honda 250 four cylinder that was near the paddock during the races. I believe it's a 1986 model.

CBR250Four.jpg

Camera is a Sony DSLR A550, Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 for all museum shots and Tamron 28-200mm for the outdoor shots. The 17-50 is an excellent lens, my favorite. I'm a novice at these shots though so was just having fun playing with different settings. Thankfully was able to use existing museum lighting with that lens, no flash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
MGred.jpg

DSC00133a.jpg

Camera is a Sony DSLR A550, Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 for all museum shots and Tamron 28-200mm for the outdoor shots. The 17-50 is an excellent lens, my favorite. I'm a novice at these shots though so was just having fun playing with different settings. Thankfully was able to use existing museum lighting with that lens, no flash.

Great pics & anything Guzzi has me instantly :drool:

Is your 17-50 Tammy the VC or non-VC version ?? Im in the market for this exact lens to replace my Canon 18-55 kit...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like the pigeon is processed for some reason, HDR maybe? Yeah, it's cool with the dots or bubbles in the background just doesn't look right to me, looks... processed. If it isn't then congrats on getting a fantastic shot.

Hmmmm not really sure what you mean by processed LOL.. It is pretty much SOOC , just ran it through PS to convert it from RAW to JPEG & played a little with saturation but that it. Definately NO HDR effect :thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Those out of focus " orbs " are called circles of confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry bout the spelling

bryanwny

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone ever tried mixing some booze in with a hummingbird feeder to slow those little bastards down a tad? LOL. I've certainly seen more impressive pics of hummingbirds, but these are a couple of my better ones so far (I've only tried a couple times -- have to go to someone else's house). These are cropped out of the original image.

bluebird1.jpg

bluebird2.jpg

hummer1.jpg

hummer2.jpg

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone ever tried mixing some booze in with a hummingbird feeder to slow those little bastards down a tad? LOL. I've certainly seen more impressive pics of hummingbirds, but these are a couple of my better ones so far (I've only tried a couple times -- have to go to someone else's house). These are cropped out of the original image.

bluebird1.jpg

bluebird2.jpg

hummer1.jpg

hummer2.jpg

Can you repost your pictures please?

D

Dave.TX

Is your 17-50 Tammy the VC or non-VC version ?? Im in the market for this exact lens to replace my Canon 18-55 kit...

It's the non version. My camera has built in stability so don't need it in a lens. I have limited use with it but am enjoying it immensely.

Hopefully heading to San Antonio this weekend with the GF, going to take the camera. Should be hitting the River Walk and other places (it's also near the Alamo but it's better in the early morning as no one is there at that time).

ront

Reaction score
Visit site
Great photo! What kind of processing have you done with this photo?

Thanks, Ron

I cannot figure out how to delete this one.

Last edited: