Photography Thread !!!

D

Dave.TX

This was taken with my camera but not by me. My buddy Tim took me to pick up a new to me 97 Camaro. It's my newest toy and I fear will drive (no pun intended) me further away from riding motorcycles.

It has some work to get it where I want it, mostly upgrading suspension and replacing worn things. The car is 17 years old with almost 140,000 miles. The previous owners didn't do any mods whatsoever so it's a virgin car, basically.

Camaro800_zps8d27bd6c.jpg

It rained the whole way home (60 miles) so that wasn't so fun. Looking forward to car shows and taking my wife out for day trips. We took a drive yesterday to an antique shop then lunch, had a great time.

V8 LT1 with a manual 6 speed. It's fun! :thumbup:

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
Another attempt at night shooting. At least I've ordered a tripod that will fit into my Kappa K46 case so I will have some stability at night shots.

ANyway - a garden LED lamp :)

P9146145.JPG

With friends ;)

P9146147.JPG

P9146151.JPG

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My son brought his Canon Rebel out and took a couple shots. Lighting though the woods is tough this late in the year so here is what we have.

2014-09-27FZ6CornerShot_zps96a8d5b3.jpg

IMG_8817WEB_zps7f0d13d5.jpg

IMG_8812WEB_zpse446a4ed.jpg

IMG_8784WEB_zps509a1c64.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Went to the valley yesterday to clear my head as its always so pleasant here...

As I left I thought of Jerry waving to the cows! :cheer::cheer:
IMG_20141019_160009_988_zps6d837f33.jpg

D

Dave.TX

Ahh, mountains. My wife and I were in the Phoenix, AZ, area two weeks ago, drove up to Sedona. She even commented how nice it was to see mountains and how nice the desert was. I've always liked Arizona. I've been to southern Oregon once, Crater Lake. Beautiful.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lisa got her first DSLR. She happened to get it right before a mini vacation! ;)

We're still in the basic noob stage of learning and will have to experiment to get more experience.

Here's some shots from Bryce Canyon, Hoodoo ya love!

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0262.JPG

DSC_0313.JPG

DSC_0279.JPG

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
very pictureskew Cliff,
I think Lisa is already pretty comfortable with it. Those colours are beautifully rich.
is that the natural sky col. in pic2?
fantastic contrast! Those colours and shapes reminds me of Tupiza in Bolivia.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
very pictureskew Cliff,
I think Lisa is already pretty comfortable with it. Those colours are beautifully rich.
is that the natural sky col. in pic2?
fantastic contrast! Those colours and shapes reminds me of Tupiza in Bolivia.

That is natural sky color. We were at about 7,700 feet elevation so maybe the sky is a little deeper blue but the air is also very dry so there may be even fewer molecules causing refraction. Probably the auto camera setting more than anything. Lol! That picture(#2) is at an area named "Queen's Garden" At the top of that Hoodoo is what looks like the Queen with her beloved little dog in her arms.
Lisa and I hiked all day and I can tell you because we live near sea level, hiking at that elevation was pretty tough, especially switchbacking up and out of the canyon. The thing is most of the shooting she did was in the canyon off those trails and I also found some other paths that we climbed. It's so picturesque that you can move 30 feet and find another awesome picture to take which is really frustrating when you're trying to cover ground.

We also made new friends with Kevin and Gwyneth from Canberra when we did a morning hike to Mossy cave.

Here's another...
DSC_0294.JPG