Poll: Do You Hate Your Job?

Do You Hate Your Job?

• Total voters

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Where i work its 44 degrees (F) all the time, so its AC in the summer and it's warmer than the harsh NY winters.... guess i can't complain although i haven't been thru a winter here yet.... i'll let u know how it is in 5 months :rolleyes:

44 is way too cold! If I can see my breath it is a bad sign. Unfortunately it does get colder here in the winter. It started just this week, dropped into the 60s. I had to pull out the long johns and fleece and wear them at work today. I look like the Michelin Man when it gets really cold. I have found over the years that my personal perfect temperature is 76*F. I need to find somewhere where it is 76 year round and I will be happy.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
44 is way too cold! If I can see my breath it is a bad sign. Unfortunately it does get colder here in the winter. It started just this week, dropped into the 60s. I had to pull out the long johns and fleece and wear them at work today. I look like the Michelin Man when it gets really cold. I have found over the years that my personal perfect temperature is 76*F. I need to find somewhere where it is 76 year round and I will be happy.

I would say Hawaii, the average temp is just about what you are after. And if you want to find other places that might be suitable here is a very good site for research--:D

Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more

Jerry

markersniffen

Reaction score
www.marksniffen.com
I love my job--I run the graphics/animation department for a smallish in-house video production/broadcast facility at the University I graduated from last year. My boss is awesome...I've been working overtime on a big project that is due soon and he is always telling me to take time off and worries about me getting burnt out. Yesterday he told me to take a long detour home on the bike to relax. =)

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like my job, I just dont like some of the B.S. that goes with it. I drive a big 'ol concrete truck and I really LOVE being part of new constuction. I like the feeling of driving by a place ten years later and, "Hey, I brought all that concrete for that building!" (My kids kinda get tired of me saying that though sometimes!) And my boss is the greatest old guy I know, he's 83 years old and he drives all the equpment we have. The amount of knowlege he has still is amazing.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
work in a bank, and i hate it. not cos i hate the job, i can take the mundane jobscope, facing 2 screens for 10+- hours a day. i hate it cause the environment is too rigid for me, i guess this applies to all big mnc. i like flexibility, thus i might be more suited in a slightly smaller organisation.

now the problem i am facing is, i am thinking of a career switch to probably procurement, without any relevant qualifications and experience. prepared to take a paycut, but i am not getting any luck.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm... Can't say I hate it, and can't say I love it either.

I work for the government as an IT auditor, and have done so for the last five years. I have had the fortune to travel the world and meet the most interesting people you can think of. I coordinate **** between our country and other countries, I do capacity building work and stuff like that. For instance, I'm going to Barcelona, Spain in just a couple of weeks, and then I'm off to Pretoria, South Africa the week after. Still, at the moment I'm just bored. I don't know why I feel that way, because the job itself isn't boring, but it's allmost as if I don't feel the pressure anymore :ban: I also have a boss that really has no clue what so ever about my profession. He's satisfied when things get done, hence my days are quite flexible.

Right now I have two job applications pending, and THAT I'm excited about.

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work in state gov as a web developer... the hours are so bleeding flexible... I sit in front of a pc all day, sure but I start and stop as I please... heck i go out for a run in the middle of the day along the river.

It's fairly mundane compared to the whole private sector though. The crazy people that work here keeps me... sane... or on the sanity level that I entered the place at...

At the end of the day though, the people (especially the management) within the team you work in is such a huge influence on all of the above... my manager is about 2-3 years away from retirement... but there's an election coming up and who knows what crazy arsed changes they'll make.

Seems every time we get close to finishing our project work which is sorting stuff out from the last election, they change it all again. It's like how dogs piss on poles to mark their territory, except it's the politicians pissing on us and making us change everything to some new scheme... if only because the last person made it that way. Can't have that, gotta be seen to be cutting red tape or some such... by adding blue and green tape. Twice the tape, twice the efficiency in the cut? :Flash:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
I work in state gov as a web developer... the hours are so bleeding flexible... I sit in front of a pc all day, sure but I start and stop as I please... heck i go out for a run in the middle of the day along the river.

It's fairly mundane compared to the whole private sector though. The crazy people that work here keeps me... sane... or on the sanity level that I entered the place at...

At the end of the day though, the people (especially the management) within the team you work in is such a huge influence on all of the above... my manager is about 2-3 years away from retirement... but there's an election coming up and who knows what crazy arsed changes they'll make.

Seems every time we get close to finishing our project work which is sorting stuff out from the last election, they change it all again. It's like how dogs piss on poles to mark their territory, except it's the politicians pissing on us and making us change everything to some new scheme... if only because the last person made it that way. Can't have that, gotta be seen to be cutting red tape or some such... by adding blue and green tape. Twice the tape, twice the efficiency in the cut? :Flash:

I'm trying to figure out where you're from, and I'm possibly a retard that don't understand "Oo-su-to-rar-ee-ah" Austria?? :ban:

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out where you're from, and I'm possibly a retard that don't understand "Oo-su-to-rar-ee-ah" Austria?? :ban:

haha, it was intentionally a bit silly and vague... don't take it to heart.

Also capo, I like your "Viking spirit" bit... it reminded me to put some Viking beer in the fridge :D

I bet he's an Aussie ;) :ban: :D

Was it sounding out the letters that gave it away or the iced coffee? I can feel a thirst coming on... must be time for a beer. :thumbup:

I had a vegemite sanga for lunch today and all I can think about is bbq. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

With the election on its way I think you boss may get the ar$# even earlier :D

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Other than being underpaid...I can't really complain for the following reasons:

1. I actually HAVE a job in a 10% unemployment economy

2. I have a 6 mile commute that I can make in 6 minutes flat on the FZ6 with no traffic lights and only 2 stop signs. :thumbup:

3. I can go home for lunch to let my dog out and do a few things around the house

4. I make my own schedule at work 95% of the time, I set my own deadlines on projects!

5. When I travel for work the company buys my steak dinner and microbrew!

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
With the election on its way I think you boss may get the ar$# even earlier :D

There's a lot of pushing towards getting people in high paid positions to quit... the issue with it is they pay people out large amounts of money to do so. He's been here for 30 years or so... since he last got paid to leave. haha.

His pay out would be huge.

If I was him, I'd be grabbing one and running... fishing and beer! Seriously.

Honestly not sure why he hasn't... but sort of glad he hasn't ... the currently likely contenders for his replacement... no thanks! My work enjoyment will likely plummet when he leaves.