Ready to hit the Road!

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well folks, the heated grips are installed, the heated vest is wired up, first oil change all done - time to hit the road! :rockon:

I'll be leaving first thing tomorrow (Tues.) morning for a 5500 km trip from Vancouver, down to Las Vegas, over to San Diego (Carlsbad), and then a leisurely cruise up the California and Oregon coasts - home by May 3rd. I'll be travelling by myself, but meeting up with my sister/friends and various locations.

I'll be using a set of Motopak saddlebags and tailbag - 90 litre capacity total. I might pick up a tank bag along the way if I find a good deal...
The only comfort issue I've found with the bike so far is the seat, so I've cut a piece of sheepskin to fit - looks pretty pimpin'! Hopefully between that, and my bike shorts under the leathers, I'll be "okay".

I'm going to haul along my ancient 32-lb, coal-fired laptop, so I can post up a few pics along the way and stay in touch with friends and family (who think I'm nuts, BTW). If any of you Cali folks feel like tagging along for a bit of the ride, PM me! I'll be stopping in San Luis Obispo, Santa Cruz, Eureka, and Cannon Beach OR, on the way home.

Cheers!
Crystal :Sport:

J

jsteinb95

That's quite a trip! We're all looking foward to the pics. Have a safe ride!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Too cool Whirly. If you are able to would you post updates of your trip? It sounds great!

Be safe and have mucho fun!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you have a safe and fun-filled trip! Can't wait to hear about it and see some pics!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh hey, do you have earplugs? They really help when you do big back to back days.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
What are "kilometers?" (stupid American joke). If I'm elected president, I would put USA on metric system OVERNIGHT!. (then I can start saving since I wouldn''t have to purchase and maintain two GD tool chests of tools!) Isn't this ridiculous that we in USA are dealing with two systems of measurement? Why, I think I remember a NASA Mars mission that was all SCREWED UP due to engineers getting mixed up between metric and SAE (inch/pound). And oh, let me not forget: when buying milk, it's "half gallon" but when buying soda it's "2 liter." Oh, I get it! Oh well, at least we have the same measurement of time as exist in other countries, huh? Geez Louise!

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What are "kilometers?" (stupid American joke). If I'm elected president, I would put USA on metric system OVERNIGHT!. (then I can start saving since I wouldn''t have to purchase and maintain two GD tool chests of tools!) Isn't this ridiculous that we in USA are dealing with two systems of measurement? Why, I think I remember a NASA Mars mission that was all SCREWED UP due to engineers getting mixed up between metric and SAE (inch/pound). And oh, let me not forget: when buying milk, it's "half gallon" but when buying soda it's "2 liter." Oh, I get it! Oh well, at least we have the same measurement of time as exist in other countries, huh? Geez Louise!

LOL - as long as the beer comes in "pints", we'll get along just fine....;)

If it makes you feel any better, most of the helicopters I fly have gas guages that measure in either gallons, pounds, or percentage (of a full tank), and yet all our fuel is sold in litres... :mad:

BTW - 5500 km = about 3400 miles :D

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And yes, I promise to post pics and updates along the way! I'm already deciding what mods to get for the bike with all the money I win playing poker in Vegas... ;) J/k... With my luck I'll end up coming home on a Greyhound bus...

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like fun, but sure hoping the wind dies down before you get too far into Nevada; the skies here are grey from the windblown dust.
Good luck! :thumbup:

finboz

stealth browser
Reaction score
Visit site
im jealous, have a safe trip :rockon:

budda_good_luck.gif

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well folks, the heated grips are installed, the heated vest is wired up, first oil change all done - time to hit the road! :rockon:

I'll be leaving first thing tomorrow (Tues.) morning for a 5500 km trip from Vancouver, down to Las Vegas, over to San Diego (Carlsbad), and then a leisurely cruise up the California and Oregon coasts - home by May 3rd. I'll be travelling by myself, but meeting up with my sister/friends and various locations.

I'll be using a set of Motopak saddlebags and tailbag - 90 litre capacity total. I might pick up a tank bag along the way if I find a good deal...
The only comfort issue I've found with the bike so far is the seat, so I've cut a piece of sheepskin to fit - looks pretty pimpin'! Hopefully between that, and my bike shorts under the leathers, I'll be "okay".

I'm going to haul along my ancient 32-lb, coal-fired laptop, so I can post up a few pics along the way and stay in touch with friends and family (who think I'm nuts, BTW). If any of you Cali folks feel like tagging along for a bit of the ride, PM me! I'll be stopping in San Luis Obispo, Santa Cruz, Eureka, and Cannon Beach OR, on the way home.

Cheers!
Crystal :Sport:

Did you know that it's suppose to hit over 90 degrees here in Vegas this weekend? Better bring your bathing suit. Needless to say, you won't be needing those heated grips and vest down here. You're timing is perfect, it's bike week this weekend, the Laughlin River Run is this weekend. You will probably find a lot of bikes heading down this way, even though they will probably be mosty Harleys.