San Diego: Fook it! Let's ride! 4-27-13

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have a safe and fun ride, I'm riding ACH in the morning with my bro, or we would have loved to join in the fun.

ba4x

Reaction score
Visit site
Have a safe and fun ride, I'm riding ACH in the morning with my bro, or we would have loved to join in the fun.

That's sweet! Is the whole ACH open yet? I was hoping to ride up there but I heard they close a good portion till May.

I vote our Border Patrol ride takes a detour north to ACH! :BLAA:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Lets plan a ACH ride, we can stage at my place in Crestline and ride the back side of 138 down to Silverwood lake and then across to Wrightwood and onto ACH to Newcombs Ranch for lunch.
Need to check ACH and make sure it's open, last time(2 weeks ago) the gate was closed at Vincent gap (about 5 miles from Wrightwood).

Dave say hi to Rob for me and you guys have a safe ride:thumbup:

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lets plan a ACH ride, we can stage at my place in Crestline and ride the back side of 138 down to Silverwood lake and then across to Wrightwood and onto ACH to Newcombs Ranch for lunch.
Need to check ACH and make sure it's open, last time(2 weeks ago) the gate was closed at Vincent gap (about 5 miles from Wrightwood).

Jerry

+1^^^^:D

Say Hey to the your family and Rob Getting ready to head out! :BLAA:

ba4x

Reaction score
Visit site

Jerry

YES!! Great things in the future! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
That was an epic ride. Thanks Goop for setting this all up. There's a good bunch of guys on this site. I definatly look forward to the next one. Side note... after all was said and done my Buddy Daniel is good to go. Untill next time gentalmen, take care, and ride safe.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you so much for inviting me to join you for part of your ride. I'm quite proud that I was able to keep up with you gentlemen! It was my first group ride ever and I look forward to another. Motogiro - how can I get a copy of the photo you took?

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Most excellent and epic ride today! :Sport:

I had a great time riding with you all and it looks like our new GSX'r friend has found the forum! :welcome: Verharen!

Always great to meet new people and enjoy a day of riding. :rockon:

My rear tire has expired. I have a strip of missing rubber down the middle of the tire. The carcass is showing through.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you so much for inviting me to join you for part of your ride. I'm quite proud that I was able to keep up with you gentlemen! It was my first group ride ever and I look forward to another. Motogiro - how can I get a copy of the photo you took?

:welcome:to our great forum and family. There is a special gravitation of certain types of people here. Dennis our Main Admin must have put some special MoJo on the Hard drive when he started this forum.

If you private message me your email addy I'll send you the full file. For now...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome day of great riding today! Great weather new friends and new experiences. :)

Everyone did an awesome job today so thanks for making this such a great ride!

Tomorrow I'll try to get video from mine and Majde's cameras edited and posted Got a few pics.

I'm feeling pretty played right now. I came down this week with this lousy cold and it's been robbing my energy for days. I was so excite about the great turnout and the long ride with friends that I couldn't stay home.

We had a little excitement at the end of the ride when one of our group went wide in a tight turn dumped it in the sand. A lady in a car told us as we were waiting at the turn for the rest of the group to show. As I was u-turning I dropped my SV wasn't braking or anything but hard the bars hard locked and with short legs I started the dreaded hippity hop until I couldn't hold it any more. It was too crowded for the turn around at the intersection and I should have waited.

I didn't see who helped me get the bike back up again so thanks. We then boogied back to the turn and everyone was okay.
Just minor stuff on mine so no problem getting it like new for cheap.

Last edited:

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
Verharen. Keep up... I had to let you pass . Goop. So the tire was the reason your back tire was sliding out on you? I remember you talking about it. Thank you Taylor for the info on the tire pressure. I have to check my cars now as well.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
74 freeway ;) Ortega my back yard, sorry that if fell I could see it happening but I wasn't fast enough cliff I dropped my kickstand and by the time k got of the bike it was already down I thought you pinched your ankle between the tank and the ground that's why I kept asking if you were ok ;) if only I was the guy from the fantastic 4

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
74 freeway ;) Ortega my back yard, sorry that if fell I could see it happening but I wasn't fast enough cliff I dropped my kickstand and by the time k got of the bike it was already down I thought you pinched your ankle between the tank and the ground that's why I kept asking if you were ok ;) if only I was the guy from the fantastic 4

Thanks for helping out! Great riding today! Your skills have improved!

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2 :mikebike:

Last edited:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Some pics--
P10205781024x768.jpg

P10205791024x768.jpg

P10205801024x768.jpg

P10205821024x768.jpg

P10205831024x768.jpg